Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll Removed
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 02:17 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,125,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Neither am i. Couldn't care less.

Don't know why people are so outraged about a case they know nothing about except through the filter of the media.
What makes you so certain she's innocent?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 02:20 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,601,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
Well the jury was not convinced "beyond a reasonable doubt" so you'll have to live with that regardless of your emotions.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:22 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,248,506 times
I think I've figured out why the juries let both Casey Anthony and O.J. Simpson off, and you probably won't believe me unless you have personal experience with the pathological personality disorders both defendants have: Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Apparently jurors are just as hypnotized by those with this defect as the Narcissist's direct victims are.

Narcissists have an almost super-human ability to manipulate others, usually through words, but also with body language. Like sociopaths, they are totally lacking in empathy and conscience. But they are masters of getting others to not just like, but to worship them. Narcissists are typically attractive, and use their looks to manipulate others. People who were not in the Anthony court--not subject to the hypnotic and mesmerizing body language of Narcissist Casey--could see that the evidence was overwhelming against her, and that her lies are only explainable if she killed her daughter.

Court watchers noted that when the Prosecution was presenting the case, jurors took no notes (despite extensive forensic evidence) and showed defensive body language (arms across the chest). Reporter and former prosecutor Nancy Grace noted "It was like their minds were already made up." During deliberations, they asked no questions, reviewed no evidence, and came back with a "lightning-quick" verdict.

99% of cases with these exact facts would have resulted in "gullty" verdicts. The exceptions are when the defendant is an attractive narcissist. What is so entrancing about narcissists? I'm not entirely sure, since I've never been targeted by one, but I'm told no human can resist them. My family member (who fell obsessively in love with a narcissist) relates that they appear to be your perfect match in the opposite sex. They have an ability that is consistently described on chat lines as "supernatural" and "hypnotic" to make their victims worship them, and hold them above all judgement. My family member called it a "wall" in his brain that would not allow ANY criticism or judgement of the narcissist.

Narcissism is easier to describe in the personal relationships between Narcissist and Victim. Narcissists think they are God's gift to the opposite sex, and if they target you, you will think this too. They "mirror" you exactly and during the initial phases, will never say anything negative or contradictory. You will be awash with endorphins whenever you see, or even think of the narcissist. It is the early, most exciting and rewarding phase of love, with the difference that it NEVER loses its potency (as long as the Narcissist continues to play you for the adoration they feed off of). The stories of narcissist and victim are so consistent (though utterly bizarre to non-narcissists) across the web that behavior that was previously totally unpredictable, suddenly makes sense.

The mind games they play are intricate, but always result in the victim doubting his/her own memory. The interaction has been called "Come closer so I can slap you," and the obvious question is why don't the victims just walk away? The reasons are numerous: the "slap" will be confusing (it hurt, but was it truly a slap? Was he/she just trying to let me off easy?). Any slap will be followed by tons of attention and mirroring by the narcissist to draw you back into the web.

The trials of Casey Anthony and O.J. Simpson make no sense, unless you understand the magnetic, hypnotic and overwhelming effect of a narcissist on those around them. Yes, it is very hard to understand unless you have seen it in action.

I predict that if psychologists actually study narcissists and how they manipulate their victims, they will be able to improve our Justice system from the current "roll of the dice" to a more just, sane and predictable process that consistently punishes the guilty.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:23 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,125,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well the jury was not convinced "beyond a reasonable doubt" so you'll have to live with that regardless of your emotions.
Sorry, no can do.

A little girl was murdered.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:25 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,641,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown-man View Post
I don't know why many people are mad at the verdict of Casey Anthony's case, who was a suspected murderer of only one child. Meanwhile, there are many US soldiers overseas who have murdered tens of children with cold blood are not facing a trail ! In fact they are treated as hero !!!
Because focusing their anger on Anthony means they don't have to think about things like what soldiers are doing.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:37 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,994,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
They had an abundance of evidence in the OJ case! They had DNA, carpet fibers, blood stains in OJ's vehicle, shoe prints,............on and on.

It is time to have a professional jury consisting of people who are educated about the significance of scientific evidence, statistics of probability, psychology, law, etc.........
Oh, please. The last thing we need are juries beholden to their employer -- which, in the case of professional jurors, would be the state.

It would be a complete fiasco. Each professional juror would quickly acquire a track record. They would get to know each other, and defense attorneys, and judges. During voir dire, prosecutors would quickly strike more inclined than others to vote to acquit, while defense attorneys would do the same for those more inclined to convict. And, really, how long do you think professional jurors who show a tendency to acquit defendants would remain employed by the state, the very agent seeking to gain convictions?

And what of the immensity of sentencing a human being to a decade in prison? Or a lifetime? Or to death? I want a juror to ponder that. I want it to weigh heavily on those jurors before such decisions are made. Surely, it does - now. But do you really think it will the 2nd time? Or the 10th time? Or the 100th time?

Beyond all that, it would require a Constitutional amendment. Good luck with that...

Old 07-06-2011, 02:40 PM

326 posts, read 872,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
Coffin v. United States

The law presumes that persons charged with crime are innocent until they are proven, by competent evidence, to be guilty.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:46 PM

2,981 posts, read 3,543,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barney_rubble View Post
Coffin v. United States

The law presumes that persons charged with crime are innocent until they are proven, by competent evidence, to be guilty.
There were searches for chloroform on the computer and Caylee's body had duct tape on it. While her daughter was missing, Casey was out partying. There was a lot of circumstantial evidence.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:54 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,483,762 times
Casey Anthony Verdict: Defense Attorney Jose Baez Called "Luckiest Man in America"

Old 07-06-2011, 02:57 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,483,762 times
Wait until Casey Anthony hits the media trail. I understand she could receive $500,000 per interview. A book deal will be worth over $1,000,000 paid upfront. She potentially stands to pull-in well in excess of $5,000,000. Not bad when she should be spending the rest of her life behind bars...if it wasn't for an stupid, ignorant jury. Party on Casey - you child murderer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies