Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll Removed
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 06:50 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,505,860 times

Advertisements

Class Act: Casey Anthony Defense Attorney Gives Reporters The Finger

[MOD CUT]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-06-2011 at 07:25 PM.. Reason: inappropriate content
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 07:02 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,963,465 times
So much for that "polite southern gentleman" reputation.

This is Mason's sentiments of the justice system.

Old 07-06-2011, 07:02 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,704,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephM View Post
So the cadaver dogs signaling to her car meant nothing then? Also the expert said that hair with banding has been CONSISTENTLY found on deceased bodies. The expert, well he’s been conducting an ongoing study on 600 antemortem hairs collected from live individuals that were stored in various conditions for different time periods. NO POSTMORTEM BANDING OCCURRED even though decomposition did. Is it reasonable then to infer that a hair with banding on it obviously came from the presence of a dead body in her damn trunk
I think it's getting to the point that in some cases the jury thinks you need every possible doubt vanquished. Every case now needs video evidence of the murder actually happening, a confession, DNA evidence, fingerprints and eyewitnesses. The facts of the case are not enough, we also need a good presentation by the prosecution. If the performance of the prosecution is not a perfect 10 then you must acquit, nevermind the actual facts. It's a wonder they ever found anyone guilty in the old days before modern forensics. Just the facts of what happened and what Casey admitted doing go beyond a reasonable doubt for me.

It's like a child with cookie crumbs on their mouth, missing cookies and the child admitting to having handled the cookies, but not to actually have eaten them. Yet there is no video evidence of the cookies having been eaten so it wasn't proven beyond a "reasonable" doubt, "reasonable" meaning unquestionable.

Old 07-06-2011, 07:06 PM

If Casey is released tomorrow, I wonder if she will just show up at her parents house. If she does, they will all be expected to act as if her molestation accusations never happened. Just business as usual but without Caylee.

Old 07-06-2011, 07:07 PM

20,184 posts, read 23,965,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
I think it's getting to the point that in some cases the jury thinks you need every possible doubt vanquished. Every case now needs video evidence of the murder actually happening, a confession, DNA evidence, fingerprints and eyewitnesses. The facts of the case are not enough, we also need a good presentation by the prosecution. If the performance of the prosecution is not a perfect 10 then you must acquit, nevermind the actual facts. It's a wonder they ever found anyone guilty in the old days before modern forensics. Just the facts of what happened and what Casey admitted doing go beyond a reasonable doubt for me.

It's like a child with cookie crumbs on their mouth, missing cookies and the child admitting to having handled the cookies, but not to actually have eaten them. Yet there is no video evidence of the cookies having been eaten so it wasn't proven beyond a "reasonable" doubt, "reasonable" meaning unquestionable.
These people are what I refer to as "idiots"... They think they know something but are entirely wrong... unfortunately, these type of people also refuse to change and see themselves as the more "modern" people...

Old 07-06-2011, 07:20 PM

288 posts, read 168,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
If Casey is released tomorrow, I wonder if she will just show up at her parents house. If she does, they will all be expected to act as if her molestation accusations never happened. Just business as usual but without Caylee.
For many reasons, I can't imagine that she would show up at her parents' house. It has been reported that her parents received 14 death threats within the first few minutes after the verdict. It wouldn't be safe for anyone for her to go there.

I would guess that her legal team has been working on finding a safe place for her to go after release. I hope that that place will at least be out of the state of Florida.

Did you read this post? https://www.city-data.com/forum/19906009-post581.html

Old 07-06-2011, 07:25 PM

288 posts, read 168,969 times
Quote:
So much for that "polite southern gentleman" reputation.

This is Mason's sentiments of the justice system.
No, it's not his opinion of the justice system.

It's most likely his opinion of the tabloid media. And his sentiments would be supported by most of the members of the legal profession across the country as a result of the media witch burning in this case.

Old 07-06-2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
For many reasons, I can't imagine that she would show up at her parents' house. It has been reported that her parents received 14 death threats within the first few minutes after the verdict. It wouldn't be safe for anyone for her to go there.
Casey could care less about her parents. She just wants a comfortable, free pad for awhile so she can party at her leisure.

Parents better provide and not ask Casey any questions. Parents best pretend nothing is wrong and nothing ever happened otherwise they have hell to pay with Casey. The death threats from outside will be nothing compared to the monster within.

Old 07-06-2011, 07:31 PM

14,247 posts, read 18,013,826 times
Quote:
Casey could care less about her parents. She just wants a comfortable, free pad for awhile so she can party at her leisure.

Parents better provide and not ask Casey any questions. Parents best pretend nothing is wrong and nothing ever happened otherwise they have hell to pay with Casey. The death threats from outside will be nothing compared to the monster within.
So you know the family well then

Old 07-06-2011, 07:40 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,505,860 times
Quote:
I doubt seriously her defense team will let her go to her parents house. If she does, who knows maybe she'll be greeted with a bullet to the brain. If that were to happen, I feel sure it's the opinion of the vast majority that she would deserve it...and in-turn they would probably say good riddance to a lying, s!ut, party-animal, baby killer that is a totally worthless scumbag of a human-being. And further, I strongly suspect that if they were on the jury for the trial of the parent that pulled the trigger I suspect many would not waver from a not guilty verdict.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies