Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 02:24 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,516,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
Number 1. You only think you know me, but you don't.
Number 2.
Well, what you're spewing is what we called number 2 when I was a child,
but I digress.
Number 3.
There is a war going on in this country right now. It is an insidious war. A war where the rich and the corporations are taking over this country. They want to take away from education and further the dumbing down of the populous. Everything they do is to undermine the middle class. Their goal is to have only two classes...rich and poor. Then they will have all of the power, too. If you don't believe this then you aren't paying attention.
#1. I don't think I know you Kerby and I don't want to.

#3. The rich and corporations have never schemed to take away from education. If you are trying to accuse the rich and corporations as the reason that kids in this country are dumb ... well I guess I'm beginning to get "your" theory.

I hate to break it to you Kerby, but the rich and corporations are not responsible for your being dumb. There has never been as much taxpayer money poured into the public school system as now. Money is not the answer. Look at Harry Reid's state, in 2008 only 51% of high schoolers graduated on time. What do you suggest? More taxpayer money?

Is it corporations that are keeping these kids dumb? Of course.

After masterminding the destruction of middle class American kids, who can't learn because of a lack of funding, the corporations will rule the world, without mercy. The rich will take advantage of all who barely graduated and the sickening stench of capitalistic soul theft will bear it's mark. The land will be horrible, flanked with dead birds, and lizards strategically placed by businesses of all sizes.

Lightening strikes the unimaginably dumb who never graduated from high school bemoaning and lamenting their opportunity to learn which the corporations plotted to and succeeded in sweeping out from under the unsuspecting dolts.

Now, In Power, Bwah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, the rich Rule the Heavens and Earth.

Or today's kids could just do their homework and get a job. Fool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2011, 06:07 AM

31,313 posts, read 20,958,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
For fiscal year 2008, including money from the federally funded Corporation for Public Broadcasting, about 16% for NPR and about 9% for PBS.

So it's so small you shouldn't have a problem eliminating it, right?

Government should not be involved with the arts at all. 100% of government arts funding should be eliminated.

Old 04-15-2011, 08:10 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,674,856 times
Quote:
Remember when teachers, public employees, Planned Parenthood, NPR and PBS crashed the stock market, ruined home values, wiped out half of our 401Ks, took trillions in TARP money, spilled oil in the Gulf of Mexico, gave themselves billions in bonuses, and paid no taxes?

Yeah... me neither.
what is this all about? Boy, do you go off the deep end sometimes. just think about how much of what you say is now a concern and has to be: teachers retirements are higher now than ever, they, along with public employees enjoy benefits most private industries can not offer, no one ever said anything about who crashed the stock market, ( well take that back, you mentioned it) Planned Parenthood as well NPR and PBS should not be funded with tax payers money period, ruined home values, no: home values especially in places like Ca were and still are so inflated it is rediculous. I could go on and on, but I think most have pointed all these things out to you.

Nita

Old 04-15-2011, 09:04 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,938,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiteacher View Post
OK. Once again, where do you live! I want to move there. I live in the "poor teacher" location, or need to marry a rich person!
New York. Just be sure NOT to take a job with the NYC schools -- they aren't as handsomely rewarded as the non NYC downstate teachers.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:19 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,385,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
what is this all about? Boy, do you go off the deep end sometimes. just think about how much of what you say is now a concern and has to be: teachers retirements are higher now than ever, they, along with public employees enjoy benefits most private industries can not offer, no one ever said anything about who crashed the stock market, ( well take that back, you mentioned it) Planned Parenthood as well NPR and PBS should not be funded with tax payers money period, ruined home values, no: home values especially in places like Ca were and still are so inflated it is rediculous. I could go on and on, but I think most have pointed all these things out to you.

Nita
There are a few states where teachers state-wide enjoy above average salaries and retirement benefits. However, salaries/retirement benefits for teachers in most states are not lavish and are generally far less than those of similarly educated/credentialed professionals employed in the private sector.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:24 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,176,520 times
Quote:
Remember when teachers, public employees, Planned Parenthood, NPR and PBS crashed the stock market, ruined home values, wiped out half of our 401Ks, took trillions in TARP money, spilled oil in the Gulf of Mexico, gave themselves billions in bonuses, and paid no taxes?

Yeah... me neither.
Remember when, Planned Parenthood, PBS, and NPR were non-biased, non-liberal, and not a complete waste of OUR money??

Yeah, me niether. They are liberal groups that can survive off donations PERIOD

Old 04-15-2011, 09:24 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,805,766 times
Yep, this question has been flying all over the internet. I guess you're the first one to post it here. I got it from the teachers I'm friends with on my Facebook news feed. Except it didn't have the little thing next to it. Otherwise same, word for word.

It's fun to watch the different people I'm friends with, circulate messages. I have a lot of friends who are union members. The ones who belong to one union post something, then a while later it flies around through another. It's very interesting to watch.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:26 AM

23,797 posts, read 24,331,360 times
Quote:

Yeah... me neither.
Remember when the no-trolling rule was enforced here?

Yeah... me neither.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies