Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 08:15 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,808,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
Remember when teachers, public employees, Planned Parenthood, NPR and PBS crashed the stock market, ruined home values, wiped out half of our 401Ks, took trillions in TARP money, spilled oil in the Gulf of Mexico, gave themselves billions in bonuses, and paid no taxes?

Yeah... me neither.

Pointless non sequitur of the day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 08:24 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,342,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiteacher View Post
I need to move! First, I wonder where people get these figures. I get mine from the benefits package summary I received last week.

After 15 years of teaching, I get, $51,542 a year; this includes the three suppliments I get (the bulk of which is an extra period that the state saves money on by paying only one-eighth extra to me).

74% of my health care is paid (that's basic, not vision, or dental, only 80% hospitalization, etc.) and my total benefits are just over another $10,104.03 a year.

$61,646.03 gross is not bad, BUT, it doesn't pay for two cars and a weekend home.

I can't stand it when people pull up numbers from who knows where and act like this is the standard in the country. I can prove my numbers, they are available to anyone under our sunshine laws. Where do you get yours? Maybe mediocre second grade teacher has a wife/husband that works for a bailed out bank or something?
My pension, after 8 years of retirement has yet to reach $35k. I have paid my own health/dental/vision ins premiums for all 8 of those years. Really lavish pension/benefits after 37 years of service...

Retired Miami teacher

Old 04-14-2011, 08:46 PM

391 posts, read 513,905 times
Ray,
Thanks for all you did for us here. I only wish that people saw the truth behind the agenda. You are part of the system that inspired me and I know that it was not in vain. Thank you.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:25 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,733,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthBTold2U View Post
LoL try 70 grand pensions, Volvo, Subaru and a Corvette weekend car. And since they don't pay for health care it's easy to buy that vacation home in the Hamptons. All for a mediocre second grade teacher.
seethroughny.net

We had a $150,000 gym teacher retire last year.
We have > $100,000 K teachers.

Healthcare contribution 15% for active teachers AND retirees.
182 day school year.
Max class size in the contract 26 (never, ever do they actually have a class that large)

Heck with the Hamptons. My favorite is the welcome back letter the teachers send out before school opens. Last year the teacher spent her summer on a beach in the south of France, and related how relaxing a place it was to read a book. Previous years we've read about trips to the islands, South America, cross country expeditions, a cruise to Alaska -- to name a few.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
seethroughny.net

We had a $150,000 gym teacher retire last year.
We have > $100,000 K teachers.

Healthcare contribution 15% for active teachers AND retirees.
182 day school year.
Max class size in the contract 26 (never, ever do they actually have a class that large)

Heck with the Hamptons. My favorite is the welcome back letter the teachers send out before school opens. Last year the teacher spent her summer on a beach in the south of France, and related how relaxing a place it was to read a book. Previous years we've read about trips to the islands, South America, cross country expeditions, a cruise to Alaska -- to name a few.
OK. Once again, where do you live! I want to move there. I live in the "poor teacher" location, or need to marry a rich person!

Old 04-14-2011, 10:22 PM

No one has commented on my real income, except ray1045, I'd like to see someone challange me on it. Tell me that I'm overpaid. Or, that I have lied about my income. Please, someone tell me that I'm overpaid. I'd love to talk about that.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:31 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,020,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
3% of 3 million is still 90,000 dead babies a year ... paid for by taxpayers. Can't liberals afford to kill their own babies? They've done a pretty good job in killing Africans with their ban on DDT.
Not near as bad as the conservatives wanting 20 million seniors to die slowly with no medicare........

Old 04-14-2011, 10:50 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,605,211 times
Remember when......

Gas was less then $3.00...
Food prices were low..
Clothing prices were low...

YouTube - Barack Obama Admits: Energy Prices Will Skyrocket Under Cap And Trade

His Cap & Trade my not have passed but he sure is keeping his promises....with a little help from the EPA!

I cant find the video but Im sure someone can........
Remember when he said "I'm ok with $5.00 a gallon gas prices" well here it comes.

Hows this hope and change crap doing!

People are so dumb and foolish to believe in this con artist it amazes me,I mean honestly you dingbats that voted for this idiot couldn't see right through him?????

Oh by the way...I have a bridge to sell you

Old 04-14-2011, 10:51 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,605,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Not near as bad as the conservatives wanting 20 million seniors to die slowly with no medicare........
Your pathetic

Old 04-15-2011, 01:37 AM

4,009 posts, read 5,735,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
This thread is meant by Kerby to trash Republicans. It isn't working. It isn't about the swing set in the backyard when we were kids.

It is about how public employees and entitlements are supposed to be glorified.

Kerby will never admit that these things cost us money. Or at least he will never say that this expenditure isn't well spent.

The guy is a dreamer. And doesn't care at all how much these programs cost.

Cowboy Poetry Festival. Cut that from the taxpayer obligation right now.

Not Harry Reid -- Not Kerby.
Number 1.
You only think you know me, but you don't.
Number 2.
Well, what you're spewing is what we called number 2 when I was a child,
but I digress.
Number 3.
There is a war going on in this country right now. It is an insidious war. A war where the rich and the corporations are taking over this country. They want to take away from education and further the dumbing down of the populous. Everything they do is to undermine the middle class. Their goal is to have only two classes...rich and poor. Then they will have all of the power, too. If you don't believe this then you aren't paying attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies