Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 10:53 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,316,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
the fact that only 3 percent of Planned Parenthood's overall services are abortion-related
3% of 3 million is still 90,000 dead babies a year ... paid for by taxpayers. Can't liberals afford to kill their own babies? They've done a pretty good job in killing Africans with their ban on DDT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 11:00 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,840,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
3% of 3 million is still 90,000 dead babies a year ... paid for by taxpayers. Can't liberals afford to kill their own babies? They've done a pretty good job in killing Africans with their ban on DDT.
Distorted as can be. It's against federal law for the government to fund abortions

Old 04-14-2011, 11:07 AM

1,377 posts, read 1,056,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Yeah!

Those damn teachers with their 1995 Nissans and $35k/year retirements.
LoL try 70 grand pensions, Volvo, Subaru and a Corvette weekend car. And since they don't pay for health care it's easy to buy that vacation home in the Hamptons. All for a mediocre second grade teacher.

Old 04-14-2011, 01:17 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,316,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Serves me right for accepting a liberal source for facts. The actual numbers:

"Apparently, that depends on the meaning of "services it provides." If taking 30 seconds to write a prescription for birth control pills is considered the equivalent of a two-hour, multiple-visit $450 abortion, then perhaps abortion does constitute only 3 percent of Planned Parenthood's work.

But according to Planned Parenthood itself, when it comes to services for pregnant women, abortion constituted 97.6 percent of the services Planned Parenthood provided in 2009. Only 2.4 percent of the organization's services for pregnant women involved prenatal care or adoption referrals.

Again, according to its own reports, Planned Parenthood performed 332,278 abortions in 2009 -- or more than a quarter of all abortions in the entire country. It receives about 37 percent of its total revenue from performing abortions.

Reid and Colbert must be getting a lot of cholesterol tests at Planned Parenthood if abortion constitutes only 3 percent of its services. (Contrary to Sen. Reid's claim that Planned Parenthood administers important cancer screening tests, none of its affiliates even offer mammograms.) "

Old 04-14-2011, 04:42 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,595,310 times
Question You're right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthBTold2U View Post
LoL try 70 grand pensions, Volvo, Subaru and a Corvette weekend car. And since they don't pay for health care it's easy to buy that vacation home in the Hamptons. All for a mediocre second grade teacher.

Probably something like 0.1% of teachers get that kind of a great deal.

So why are you upset about the other 99.9% who pay for their own insurance and get a fraction of that retirement pay?

Old 04-14-2011, 06:01 PM

391 posts, read 514,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthBTold2U View Post
I need to move! First, I wonder where people get these figures. I get mine from the benefits package summary I received last week.

After 15 years of teaching, I get, $51,542 a year; this includes the three suppliments I get (the bulk of which is an extra period that the state saves money on by paying only one-eighth extra to me).

74% of my health care is paid (that's basic, not vision, or dental, only 80% hospitalization, etc.) and my total benefits are just over another $10,104.03 a year.

$61,646.03 gross is not bad, BUT, it doesn't pay for two cars and a weekend home.

I can't stand it when people pull up numbers from who knows where and act like this is the standard in the country. I can prove my numbers, they are available to anyone under our sunshine laws. Where do you get yours? Maybe mediocre second grade teacher has a wife/husband that works for a bailed out bank or something?

Old 04-14-2011, 06:23 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,534,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
Remember when teachers, public employees, Planned Parenthood, NPR and PBS crashed the stock market, ruined home values, wiped out half of our 401Ks, took trillions in TARP money, spilled oil in the Gulf of Mexico, gave themselves billions in bonuses, and paid no taxes?

Yeah... me neither.
Remember when... Watch The Full Program Online | The Warning | FRONTLINE | PBS

Old 04-14-2011, 06:29 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,220,666 times
I think I liked it better when they blamed the Hippies.

Now it is too hard to tell who is who.

They all look the same to me.

#@%$ Short Hairs.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:37 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,534,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Nope. Cause it never happened.

Nope, don't remember that either. Your memory must be faulty. Taxpayer funding does not pay for abortion services. Anywhere.
Just like parents of a drug addict don't feed th habit. They do feed, house and give living money to the kid with the explicit intention of the money only going to live daily. Do those parents fund their childs drug habit?

Old 04-14-2011, 07:07 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,238,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
Remember when teachers, public employees, Planned Parenthood, NPR and PBS crashed the stock market, ruined home values, wiped out half of our 401Ks, took trillions in TARP money, spilled oil in the Gulf of Mexico, gave themselves billions in bonuses, and paid no taxes?

Yeah... me neither.
Another cheerleader post! I have seen this on Facebook about 10 times.

Don't be a parrot controlled by the puppet master elite, think for yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies