Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you worried about the possibility of human-robot marriages?
Yes, I'm worried about it 11 8.53%
No, I'm not 113 87.60%
Not sure 5 3.88%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 08:35 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,833,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Cosmic Log - Just say no ... to robot marriage?

I think this means they're losing the battle.
I'm reminded of court testimony in south-- I think it was Alabama. He tried to claim that in defense of women homosexuality laws need to remain on the books because homosexuals would steal her man. No man worth having can be stolen and if hetero males are that out of control with themselves it's best they just get a vasectomy and give up the pretense of fatherhood and husbandry. Sort out those serious about partnership from those choosing Hugh Heffner lifestyles. STD's spread in a family through breast milk... gentlemen, I just don't think words can express the depth of my disgust. It's time hetero men be the better men they aspire to be.

Robot marriage is less likely than marrying those creepy gray aliens. Better get the legislation going there in a hurry since the males of our species are known to poke at just about anything with a pulse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2011, 06:50 AM

28,336 posts, read 16,490,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
...And theres nothing stopping two gay lovers from entering into any contractual agreement they want. Thats why gay marriage isn't rational, its not needed other than to facilitate living a fantasy life.
Not true. Same-sex civil unions are not recognized in many states, either.

Not to mention there are default protections and benefits that cannot be replicated by any other contract - like not being able to be forced to testify against your spouse.

People need to separate the idea of legal "marriage" from their own particular brand of religion. There is no *legal* reason to deny same sex marriages, and I believe it will be ruled unconstitutional in the near future.

Old 02-20-2011, 07:00 AM

48,493 posts, read 97,181,798 times
I am no more worried about this than the guy buy a inflatable doll in the past from a comic book.I am sure the improved models can talk;saying "your so right ;honey"to everything.

Old 02-20-2011, 07:14 AM

3,326 posts, read 3,181,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Cosmic Log - Just say no ... to robot marriage?

I think this means they're losing the battle.
Does it now?

source

Quote:
Look, we love our pets, but a woman in Ghana has married her dog. We repeat, her dog.

Uh, what? Yeah, this actually happened. Says the blushing bride (ew) Emily Mabou, 29: "For so long I've been praying for a life with a partner who has all the qualities of my dad. My dad was kind, faithful and loyal to my mum, and he never let her down."

Don't see how this translates into marrying your dog? Read on! Mabou claims that her relationships have all been with "skirt-chasers and cheaters." The priest who performed the ceremony told people not to mock the wedding, but instead "rejoice with her, as she has found happiness at last." Don't mock? Not likely, lady. (Though we get why some folks decide to marry their cats.)
Actress Wants to Marry Her Dog -- and Others Who have Totally Lost It from theworldwidescoop

source (http://www.scpr.org/blogs/hettie-lynne-hurtes/2010/05/03/german-man-unofficially-marries-his-cat/ - broken link)

Quote:
A German Man Unofficially Marries His Cat
May 3, 2010 | Hettie Lynne Hurtes
This may sound like something out of the tabloids, but apparently it's true. 39-year old Uwe Mitzscherlich said he wanted to tie the knot before his asthmatic cat Cecilia died.
The cat and groom have lived together for 10 years. Since it's illegal for a human to marry an animal in Germany Mitzscherlich had to pay an actress 300 Euros to perform the ceremony.
Want details? It's okay if you don't. ..

Old 02-20-2011, 07:29 AM

28,336 posts, read 16,490,877 times
Wow, so there are at least two crazy people in the world? I'm shocked.

Old 02-20-2011, 08:14 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,646,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I am no more worried about this than the guy buy a inflatable doll in the past from a comic book.I am sure the improved models can talk;saying "your so right ;honey"to everything.
Nowadays they have the realistic Realdoll. They come in both sexes and probably even have a pre op transgendered version too. Can you imagine some nut taking his/her Realdoll to Thanksgiving dinner or a business function?

Old 02-20-2011, 09:24 AM

25,146 posts, read 54,086,109 times
Marriage itself is unconstitutional: violates the first amendment: no law is created on behalf of a religion.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:41 AM

1,417 posts, read 2,189,675 times
18 pages on people marrying robots...

Old 02-20-2011, 09:48 AM

25,146 posts, read 54,086,109 times
lol those gray aliens know how to talk sexy. j/k

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post

Robot marriage is less likely than marrying those creepy gray aliens. Better get the legislation going there in a hurry since the males of our species are known to poke at just about anything with a pulse.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:04 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,309,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
Draw the line at force, not feelings, just because you FEEL that way about gays is not a constitutional reason for banning their peaceful activites
Nope, I have not said it is wrong. I may not support them but in an "open minded country" I don't see why in the future people won't be seeing all kinds of parades for other "preferences/orientations" such as adults with teenage couples, animals, or robots for that matter. Like gays/lesbians say, its all about being accepting, tolerating, open-minded, a happy family, not narrow minded, celebrating diversity, etc. So its a bit silly for them to call other so called preferences/orientations odd, perverted, dirty, etc. Go figure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies