Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 11:28 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,575,355 times

Advertisements

I'm just trying to figure out what they think i and other gay people should do..

If they think we should have straight marriages, do they think that this would be better for me, even though i was born with a homosexual orientation?

do they think it would make me or some woman happy or make for a good life?

why are they trying to dictate that i live like i'm a heterosexual when i'm not one?

why do they care and why do they think they should get to vote in this issue when they can walk away from the voting booth with my life and family possibly altered or destroyed while there is NO impact on their lives?

why are they passionate about causing pain and suffering to strangers?

do they know that they are violating the constitution voting on this?

do they care about the constitution or anybody else's rights but their own?

what is their thought process given the reality of the situation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 11:30 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times
do people who are against gay marriage think that gays should marry straight people?

It already happens, and some of the harshest critics of gay marriage are people living on the "Down Low"

They will tell you it's not about orientation but experimentation, but we all know it's bs.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:35 AM

1,976 posts, read 2,353,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
I'm just trying to figure out what they think i and other gay people should do..

People who are against gay marriage do not THINK, sir-and it is insulting to imply that they do. If the Lord wanted them to think he would have given them a brain, sir! Have at you, sir!

Old 07-07-2012, 11:49 AM

67 posts, read 165,411 times
Actually, I think they just want you to disappear, since you don't fit in with thier "plan".

I think it (homophobia) comes from when infant mortalitly rates were super high, governments/monarchys wanted to expand, and anything that did not produce good little soldiers or mothers, was frowned on. Also it plays on mankinds hatred of anything different.

If people minded their own business and let others do what they want (not harming anyone) and our world might be a happier place.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:51 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
Actually, I think they just want you to disappear, since you don't fit in with thier "plan".

I think it (homophobia) comes from when infant mortalitly rates were super high, governments/monarchys wanted to expand, and anything that did not produce good little soldiers or mothers, was frowned on. Also it plays on mankinds hatred of anything different.

If people minded their own business and let others do what they want (not harming anyone) and our world might be a happier place.
I agree. I once told a gay guy that I don't care what people's preference are, doesn't affect me one way or another. He said that he wished more people were like me. I told them there were

Old 07-07-2012, 11:56 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post

If they think we should have straight marriages, do they think that this would be better for me, even though i was born with a homosexual orientation?

do they think it would make me or some woman happy or make for a good life?

why are they trying to dictate that i live like i'm a heterosexual when i'm not one?

why do they care and why do they think they should get to vote in this issue when they can walk away from the voting booth with my life and family possibly altered or destroyed while there is NO impact on their lives?

why are they passionate about causing pain and suffering to strangers?

do they know that they are violating the constitution voting on this?

do they care about the constitution or anybody else's rights but their own?

what is their thought process given the reality of the situation?

Who says homosexuals need to marry anyone?

Obviously the assumption that only young people will marry and that they will produce children is dated, but it nevertheless helps to protect the interests of children created by heterosexual unions.

We keep trying to put hub caps on a tractor, and there is just no reason for it.

Old 07-07-2012, 12:02 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,575,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Who says homosexuals need to marry anyone?

Obviously the assumption that only young people will marry and that they will produce children is dated, but it nevertheless helps to protect the interests of children created by heterosexual unions.

We keep trying to put hub caps on a tractor, and there is just no reason for it.
well, i think that should be up to us. we form intimate relationships JUST like straight people and they're just as valid.

who says heterosexuals need to marry anyone then?

Old 07-07-2012, 12:13 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
do people who are against gay marriage think that gays should marry straight people?

It already happens, and some of the harshest critics of gay marriage are people living on the "Down Low"

They will tell you it's not about orientation but experimentation, but we all know it's bs.
It's hard to imagine straight women cooperating with such experimentation with their marriages unless their gay husbands are keeping them in the dark. The religious right telling gay people to get married straight certainly isn't showing much respect for the straight spouse as well.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 07-07-2012 at 12:21 PM..

Old 07-07-2012, 12:13 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Heterosexuals have already made a joke out of traditional marriage, ya know......til death do you part.

Old 07-07-2012, 12:20 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
I theorize all this hating gays and wanting to change them goes back to lack of forgiving the ancient gays who supposedly sinned so much in Sodom and Gomorrah that God had to destroy them. But then straight people did a lot of evil in past societies, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies