Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 05:01 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,128,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Why should marriage be changed simply because homosexuals want to play house?

What is an illegitimate child?

The waiting lists to adopt newborns is generally about two years.
What do you mean by "changing marriage"? All I simply want is the constitutional promise of equal rights and equal treatment under our civil, secular laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 05:04 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,160,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
I'm just trying to figure out what they think i and other gay people should do..

If they think we should have straight marriages, do they think that this would be better for me, even though i was born with a homosexual orientation?

do they think it would make me or some woman happy or make for a good life?

why are they trying to dictate that i live like i'm a heterosexual when i'm not one?

why do they care and why do they think they should get to vote in this issue when they can walk away from the voting booth with my life and family possibly altered or destroyed while there is NO impact on their lives?

why are they passionate about causing pain and suffering to strangers?

do they know that they are violating the constitution voting on this?

do they care about the constitution or anybody else's rights but their own?

what is their thought process given the reality of the situation?
I am opposed to same-sex marriage, and I believe that those individuals who do not feel attracted to the opposite sex should remain celibate, as even many straights are called to be.

Old 07-07-2012, 05:13 PM

328 posts, read 1,000,632 times
I think people against gay marriage think that if it is legal then they are condoning it which they do not want to do. But gay people have relationships, live together and raise kids without anyone else's permission all the time so why is gay marriage any different than what we have now?

Old 07-07-2012, 05:17 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,128,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
I am opposed to same-sex marriage, and I believe that those individuals who do not feel attracted to the opposite sex should remain celibate, as even many straights are called to be.
What if I feel the same way about you? What if I find you to be a disgusting, immoral abmoniation who should remain celibate? Does that mean you should be banned from civil marriage law and be denied the ability to access the civil rights of civil marriage?

Old 07-07-2012, 05:24 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,060,549 times
I think that the people who are opposed to gay marriage generally consider homosexual attraction to be "sinful", and feel that individuals so attracted should be subjected to a form of legal and cultural penalty that manifests itself in the denial of the right to pursue the same domestic happiness available to heterosexuals in the form of marriage.

Old 07-07-2012, 05:29 PM

749 posts, read 840,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
All I simply want is the constitutional promise of equal rights and equal treatment under our civil, secular laws.
Then go marry someone of the opposite sex. What makes you so special that the laws of this country should be amended to coincide with your lifestyle?

Old 07-07-2012, 05:32 PM

749 posts, read 840,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
What if I feel the same way about you? What if I find you to be a disgusting, immoral abmoniation who should remain celibate? Does that mean you should be banned from civil marriage law and be denied the ability to access the civil rights of civil marriage?
See...that's the difference. I don't give a **** what you think about how I live my life.

Old 07-07-2012, 05:32 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,579,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
um, i'm sorry but MOST people are not cut out for celibacy. also that's NONE of your BUSINESS and you have NO RIGHT to really feel that way.

having a homosexual orientation means having an attraction that is just as STRONG as YOURS but to the same sex.

it's VERY unlikely that MOST homosexuals are 'called to celibacy' as that's something that only a rare few are called to do such as monks, nuns, hermits etc.

Old 07-07-2012, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyTrav View Post
See...that's the difference. I don't give a **** what you think about how I live my life.
we don't either, but we do give a damn, about legal bullying and abuse that DESTROYS our families and lives. that's the difference.

this is something that we aren't trying to DO TO YOU, but you are TO US.

Old 07-07-2012, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyTrav View Post
Then go marry someone of the opposite sex. What makes you so special that the laws of this country should be amended to coincide with your lifestyle?
um, the fact that the law is unjust since we were born with a DIFFERENT SEXUAL ORIENTATION.

are you saying it would be feasible for a STRAIGHT person to marry someone of the same sex?

are you saying that people born with the homosexual orientation having the right to marry people of the opposite sex is EQUAL to HETEROSEXUAL PEOPLE having the right to marry in accordance with THEIR SEXUAL ORIENTATION>

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-07-2012 at 06:51 PM.. Reason: rude
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies