Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 06:54 PM

22,632 posts, read 15,043,061 times

Advertisements

Reading most of the posts in this thread is like listening to a bunch Second Graders analyzing and discussing Nuclear Physics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2011, 07:03 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,967,993 times
Quote:
Reading most of the posts in this thread is like listening to a bunch Second Graders analyzing and discussing Nuclear Physics.
Physics quote of the day: Anything that doesn't matter has no mass.

Old 01-29-2011, 07:30 PM

5,508 posts, read 5,268,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Isn't Israel our strongest ally in the ME ? I don't understand how they could not be a relatively poor country, seriously, what do they have to export, manufacture, etc, etc ? I occasionally see clothes with a label "made in Israel" but that is the extent of my knowledge of their economy.

Why would we cut off aid to an ally ? Why do we keep pouring money into Pakistan and they hate our guts ? There are rich people in Pakistan, as well.
Just askin'
Why would we stop funding Israel, or any other nation for that matter? How about the fact we are over $14 trillion in debt on the federal level alone, and running a $1.5 trillion federal deficit yearly to add onto the total debt?

When you are getting to the point that your interest payments are one of the largest parts of your budget, get a clue and STOP GIVING AWAY MONEY TO YOUR NEIGHBORS!

Old 01-29-2011, 07:56 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,619,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
get a clue and STOP GIVING AWAY MONEY TO YOUR NEIGHBORS!
Post rated positively.

Quote:
Thanks for increasing this user's reputation!

Old 01-29-2011, 07:57 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,619,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Isn't Israel our strongest ally in the ME ? I don't understand how they could not be a relatively poor country, seriously, what do they have to export, manufacture, etc, etc ? I occasionally see clothes with a label "made in Israel" but that is the extent of my knowledge of their economy.

Why would we cut off aid to an ally ? Why do we keep pouring money into Pakistan and they hate our guts ? There are rich people in Pakistan, as well.

Just askin'
I think that whole helping other countries philosophy is schmoozy and contains ulterior motives -- i.e., pretending to be "friends" of other countries but really there's an agenda. I think some aided nations sense a game going on, but in order to get the money, they pretend to be grateful and say "Thanks America! America is great!" snicker snicker

Use our money to solve our problems because we've got plenty

Old 01-30-2011, 02:34 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,250,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
why not cut all aid (giving) to all of these countries

why not make the aid that we alot, be LOANS instead of GIVING

we give 4 billion a year to EJYPT, 2 billion a year to haiti, 12 billion a year to isreal

there is over 240 billion GIVEN in foreign aid every year

liberal policies are killing america
Actually this is what Rand Paul advocated, the elimination of all foreign aid. Sadly, as MSNBC didn't title its article "Rand Paul calls for an end to US foreign aid" but instead mentions only Israel in the title leaving readers to assume Rand Paul only means Israel, readers like yourself for instance.

While Rand Paul calls for the elimination of all foreign aid and foreign assistance, everything is framed around Israel and Israel alone and this alone should speak volumes. Who does the article quote as a response to Rand Paul, why a pro-Israeli source and those Democrats and Republicans who oppose any cuts to Israel. Yet as you can see by posts here, responses to the article and general polling in America, many people support Rand Paul on at least this one issue.

One gets the sense that if some guy named Bob wrote a 1000 page book on the dangers of funding groups like the Mujahadeen, Northern Alliance warlords, etc... and wrote one sentence on page 754 about cutting aid to Israel that the next day every book review would cite what a bunk book because it calls for the cutting of aid to Israel and dismissing 999 other pages.

Old 01-30-2011, 02:38 PM

1,011 posts, read 1,021,463 times
I've worked in Israel for over a year. It is a self-sufficient country and in no way qualifies for any 'financial aid'

I actually think Israel should send the US at least 3 billion in financial aid for sticking up for them at the UN etc...

Unfortunately, there are influential groups in the US for whom this 'aid' is a symbolic matter

Old 01-30-2011, 03:48 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,542,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
This should be fun thread. Rand Paul, the man libs love to hate, stating something libs have pushed for years. How many will line up and say he's right?
He's right.

Old 01-30-2011, 03:51 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,542,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Lord knows what's gonna end up happening over there. Israel is the only ally we have over there!
We never had any serious enemies "over there" before Israel was established, at least not since Jefferson went after the Barbary pirates.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:07 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,967,993 times
Quote:
We never had any serious enemies "over there" before Israel was established
Except for Iran, who didn't become an enemy of the US until 1979, what COUNTRIES "over there" are enemies of the U.S.?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies