Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 12:09 PM

17,914 posts, read 24,549,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
First of the all, the USA should cut foreign aid to Egypt which gets the 2nd most American aid after Israel.
This should be done even before considering cutting off American aid to Israel.

Maybe we give Egypt money because they are a Muslim country that protects Israel (at least as long as we're buying them off)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Of course you agree with him. Liberals hate Israel for some reason.
You want to talk in platitudes? How about this?

Liberals hate Israel (but love Jews)

Conservatives love Israel (but hate Jews)

Either way, they're screwed. :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2011, 12:38 PM

25,886 posts, read 20,833,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
why not cut all aid (giving) to all of these countries

why not make the aid that we alot, be LOANS instead of GIVING

we give 4 billion a year to EJYPT, 2 billion a year to haiti, 12 billion a year to isreal

there is over 240 billion GIVEN in foreign aid every year

liberal policies are killing america

If you actually read the link, you would see that he is advocating for cutting aid to lots of countries, not just Israel. However, the fact that he is not excluding Israel is a very big deal, hence the headline.

Old 01-29-2011, 12:46 PM

25,886 posts, read 20,833,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
^5

Not to veer too far from the topic, but I think most of us are at least in part guilty of seeing political philosophy as the end point instead of the approach to a subject, this in my opinion leads to this boxed in labeling of "left vs right" absolutism and I think we all know the world isn't black and white but lives more on a spectrum. .
I don't think it is veering off topic really - I think that the fact that there is quite a bit of consensus with regard to Mr. Paul's suggestions illustrate this quite well. These are the sorts of discussions we should be having, and we should be having them without our partisan blinders on, and must, if anything is to ever really going to improve in this country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
^(chuckling) I don't even agree with my own views 100%, as there are a great number of things I'm unsure of and still have the jury out on.
Tee hee. Me too

Old 01-29-2011, 01:13 PM

880 posts, read 2,032,232 times
[Burdell
86% of aid to egypt is weapons did you see the gas canister it said made in the USA.Israel military aid from the US is 9 billion a year.The only aid should be food and clothes.How do you think all these companies stay in busines in the USA.They make weapons to sell to the rest of the world.How do these countries pay for them aid from the USA.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:16 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,531,695 times
finally someone with guts.

we should cut ALL foreign aid and put that money into OUR economy to create more jobs.

but it won't happen, as long as we have a connection with zionists that money will always reach Israel.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:26 PM

873 posts, read 1,813,936 times
I think you hit the proverbial nail on the head!!! Guts are sadly lacking when it comes to U.S. politicians, especially when it has to do with Israel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
finally someone with guts.

we should cut ALL foreign aid and put that money into OUR economy to create more jobs.

but it won't happen, as long as we have a connection with zionists that money will always reach Israel.

Old 01-29-2011, 02:23 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,819,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post

That's what Rand Paul is aiming at.... but not many of the posters on this board, including the OP.

What they're concerned about is cutting only Israel.... funding Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and the rest of the Arab countries is fine as long as Israel gets cut.

And I don't think they're motivations are for helping the US economy.

Old 01-29-2011, 03:47 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,999,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
That's what Rand Paul is aiming at.... but not many of the posters on this board, including the OP.

What they're concerned about is cutting only Israel.... funding Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and the rest of the Arab countries is fine as long as Israel gets cut.

And I don't think they're motivations are for helping the US economy.
I disagree. I think most would be in favor of cutting all foreign aid. why should we borrow money to give to someone else? Let them borrow their own money.

Old 01-29-2011, 04:45 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,943,401 times
Read your history. Israel gets its three billion dollars as part of the U.S. mediated treaty with Egypt. Egypt gets 1.5 Billion dollars from the U.S. and was returned the Sinia Penninsula it lost during the 1967 war and allowed (they really didnt want it back) Gaza to be kept by the Israelis. The U.S. got unbridled access to the Suez Canal forever. So Israel can say and do whatever it wants and the U.S. can primarily give lip service. The only way to defund Israel is to nulify the treaty. Past that Israel will get these funds forever (as will Egypt). Israel is the only country that has a stipulation on its funds that state 75% of it must be spent to purchase U.S. military products. This is a round about way for the U.S. to pump over two billion dollars into American hands. Forget about just the military. How about all the American civilian companies that supply the military manufacturers. These are jobs for Americans.

If you really want to make cuts in the budget. How about we get an audit of the military spending and start cutting? We need to stop being the Police force for the world. How about we start with Japan. We currently have nearly 50,000 people stationed there. How about we transfer them to the the US and have them protect our southern border instead of protecting Japan. We should be able to relize at least 10 Billion dollars per year in savings by closing those bases.

Old 01-29-2011, 05:36 PM

17,468 posts, read 13,008,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
there is over 240 billion GIVEN in foreign aid every year

liberal policies are killing america
Borrowed from CHINA!!
Guess this shows what you get for a college education in America. Do American Colleges teach to spend others money???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies