Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 07:03 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,037,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
So sorry, this is your comment:

You did insinuate that I would infringe upon those that cho(o)se to carry.
Please see your words above.
That's fine and I clarified my thoughts later. The word "it" was missing before should. Typo - it happens.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:13 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,197,939 times
This is a nation full of hatred, intolerance, and bigotry.
Hatred precedes violence.
People don't want to discuss hatred in America.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:24 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,467,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
This is a nation full of hatred, intolerance, and bigotry.
Hatred precedes violence.
People don't want to discuss hatred in America.
And from your posts you add the most bigotry and hatred to the mix.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:27 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,197,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
And from your posts you add the most bigotry and hatred to the mix.
A whole lot of good, decent, patriotic Americans will defend hatred, intolerance, and bigotry.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:35 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,538,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"I'm old enough to remember the poison political climate in this country after Clinton was elected, and that led to the Oklahoma City bombing."

Good, then you are also old enough to educate yourself. Motivation for the OC bombing was the Ruby Ridge massacre and the unjustifiable armed assault on the Branch Dividians in which 21 innocent children perished.

Bush Sr gets credit for Ruby Ridge.

McVeigh and Nichols have blood on their hands, but so does Bush Sr and Clinton.

All about Randy Weaver and Ruby Ridge, by David Lohr — Illegal Dealings — Crime Library on truTV.com

The Waco Massacre

"Beck, Limbaugh, Palin, Angle, Bachman and the whole lot of them on the extreme right have used gun metaphors and quasi-violent revolutionary rhetoric to demonize people and organizations that they dislike."

Seriously?

"“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,”

Obama: ‘If They Bring a Knife to the Fight, We Bring a Gun’ - Washington Wire - WSJ

"Liberals in this country don't bring guns to political rallies."

And this is the reason so many were shot in AZ. Had just one of her supporters had a gun on them, Loughner could have been stopped in short order.
Randy weaver is white supremacist and they should have got him also. Good to know you support him.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:36 AM

59,199 posts, read 27,403,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Why are the RW pundits the ones so desperately trying to deflect and say "it's not my fault". The LW pundits don't seem to be saying that. The fact is, both sides do it, only the left seems to be acknowledging that and apologize for it. As an aside, O'Reilly, the "Oracle of Tides", last night ended his show with a letter from an Elementary School kid saying how smart he is. Maybe he is smarter than a 5th grader, seems to me I knew about the moon and tides in the 5th grade, but perhaps my memory is getting foggy.
You really need to change where you get your "news". The left started immediately after the incident.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:41 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,887,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
You do realize that you have used "bottom feeders", "gutter-snipes", and "creepy" in one sentence to make the point of how we should tone down the rhetoric?
LOL....you can't make this stuff up....

Old 01-11-2011, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Can anyone prove to me how rhetoric contributed to this event?
No...but they KNOW it did....well it was mainly the right wing rhetoric of course....and only that one map....

Old 01-11-2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post

Giffords made the following statement:
“The way she has it depicted is that she has the crosshairs of a gunsight over our district,” Giffords said. “When people do that they’ve got to realize there’s consequences to that action.”I don't blame Palin for the murders or shootings but all need to take a step back and look at the way they handle themselves.
Do you have a link to this?
What murders is Giffords talking about???

Old 01-11-2011, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Lol, you are saying you don't want to limit speech. Well only limit speech you don't like.
Yes...that is how it works.

Free speech actually means speech we like....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies