Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2011, 01:10 PM

13,656 posts, read 20,797,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
Just a note for Christians. I don't know whether or not you're a Christian, but I do believe that Beck and Palin are pretty open about their Christian religious beliefs. Words have consequences, and inflammatory words can and often do have very ugly consequences, IMO.

"Christ had no army, he had no formal power -- all he had were words. And if we believe that those words of love can change the world, why do we doubt that words of contempt and anger can inspire violence in the weakest among us?
As Christians, we accept that words shape lives. With that comes a moral duty to use them carefully and gently for what is just. Too many among our faith have forgotten that. Civil discourse is not just a civic duty; to those of us who follow Christ, it is a Christian duty"

Mark Osler: The Death Penalty and Why the Arizona Murders Should Trouble Christians
I am an Agnostic, not that its any of your business.

Words have consequences? Only if someone uses them as an excuse, which is what you are doing.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:13 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,986,486 times
I on the other hand could cite MANY examples of Leftist rhetoric that blatantly advocates violence and murder upon Palin, Beck, Bush, Cheney, and a host of other conservatives.

Hollywood leftists even made a movie depicting the assissination of not just a ficticious President, but THE actual sitting President Bush.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:14 PM

1,162 posts, read 2,109,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mclaurin View Post
Evil minds have evil thoughts. You are a horrible person.
How am I evil? Did you watch the video? I would say it's Mark Penn and Chris Matthews that are evil.

my bad...not praying but looking for...not much better if you ask me or most other people...

Old 01-11-2011, 01:17 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,769,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Take a little time and look up some of the studies of how that occurs. Look up Hitlers method. Look up how terrorists are developed. There is a lot of info available to those who actually want to know.

Don't be silly, you can't point to any definitive study because it doesn't exist.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:17 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,875,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
His post was reported and deleted...
Right. Probably the only post that's been deleted then, since the personal attacks are really flying!

Old 01-11-2011, 01:22 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,094,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
When politicians mention their Christian faith, i immediately tune it out. And i'm no different with Christian non-politicians. People don't apply that Christian stuff to daily life, they just apply it when it's convenient. Some of the most vitriolic politicians are so-called Christians. I'd have thought by now that anyone with common sense would ignore any confluence of politics and Christianity by now.

It's almost the same when i see a pol posing with his family...as if i'm supposed to draw a positive conclusion about him. LOL... if anything, it makes me NOT want to vote for them.
I'm not a Christian, however, I have seen many, many posts by people here claiming to be Christians. As for Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck, they obvioulsy use that "Christian" tag to influence their base. So this is just another demonstration of why people should probably not consider these people to have "the truth" nor to be good examples of people who have integrity.

Below is Palin's answers to some questions about her religion:

Q: Where do you see yourself going?

A: You know, I don’t know. I knew early on that the smartest thing for me to do was to work hard, do the best that I can, make wise decisions based on good information in front of me. And then get myself on a path that could be dedicated to God and ask Him what I should next. That will be the position I will be in as long as I’m on earth--that is, seeking the right path that God would have laid out for me.
Q: What’s your religion?
A: Christian.
Q: Any particular...?
A: No. Bible-believing Christian.
Q: What church do you attend?
A: A non-denominational Bible church. I was baptized Catholic as a newborn and then my family started going to non-denominational churches throughout our life. [SIZE=1]Source: Q&A with Time Magazine’s Jay Newton Small Aug 14, 2008 [/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE] [SIZE=1] [/SIZE]
Sarah Palin on Principles & Values

Old 01-11-2011, 01:24 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,304,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
I on the other hand could cite MANY examples of Leftist rhetoric that blatantly advocates violence and murder upon Palin, Beck, Bush, Cheney, and a host of other conservatives.

Hollywood leftists even made a movie depicting the assissination of not just a ficticious President, but THE actual sitting President Bush.
Please provide some links for your assertion in paragraph 1.
Ummm, what's the title of this supposed movie about assassinating Bush?
I never saw it; or heard of it; not from any US outlet.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:25 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,304,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcjap View Post
How am I evil? Did you watch the video? I would say it's Mark Penn and Chris Matthews that are evil.

my bad...not praying but looking for...not much better if you ask me or most other people...
Well, you got called out on your misrepresenting the article to promote your political view.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:28 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,094,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I am an Agnostic, not that its any of your business.

Words have consequences? Only if someone uses them as an excuse, which is what you are doing.
I don't care what your beliefs are. Didn't ask you. You didn't have to disclose.

"Words have consequences....ONLY if someone uses them as an excuse"....???? WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

I guess the bottom line is that in this country people have a stronger faith and almost religious belief in "individualism" rather than in Christianity, although they do give a lot of lip service to Christianity.

Last edited by Perlier; 01-11-2011 at 01:36 PM..

Old 01-11-2011, 01:28 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,875,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post

Oh, no, they did NOT make such a movie. It was a British movie. Cripes, I have posted the link at least twice in the past two days!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_o...ent_(2006_film)

Hillary Clinton, then junior United States Senator from New York, told The Journal News of Rockland, Westchester, and Putnam counties at the annual New Castle Community Day in Chappaqua that, "I think it's despicable. I think it's absolutely outrageous . . . . .Two U.S. cinema chains, Regal and Cinemark, refused to screen Death of a President,[11][12] which was distributed by Newmarket Films in the United States. CNN and NPR also refused to broadcast advertisements for the film.[13]

Don't break your neck falling off your high horse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.