Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2011, 08:41 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,889,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Uhhh what links? You really think hard core right wing sites accurately express the views of the other side?

The tooth fairy kind to you?

I could of course quote Aryan Brotherhood sites against the right. But I doubt they portray widely held beliefs. So I don't.

However a Sarah Palin web site? That is getting pretty main line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxgJK...ayer_embedded#!

That is a Youtube link of tweets about Palin wishing death on her. Is Youtube now a " right wing site"

The other link provided also provides links to the things they address guess they are all right wing sites also

Old 01-11-2011, 09:17 PM

23,661 posts, read 17,646,439 times
Maybe it is time for people to report death threats on the web. Your ISP can be traced and people can be reported.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:37 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,099,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Well, we all know the effort of the Left/media to connect the shooter to the "right" has failed miserably and made them look even more desperate and shrill than usual. We all know that the democrats will try and take the opportunity to enact their "restriction" on free speech, guns, etc - which will also fail miserably. As usual, they don't have the will of the people behind them.
No, we "all" don't "know" anything of the sort, nor are your statements related to reality in any way. Calm down. Nobody is trying to restrict your free speech rights, democrats are not trying to take your guns away, so get a grip, take a deep breath, and relax. Everything is going to be okay.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:27 PM

924 posts, read 1,653,618 times
Police Say They Visited Tucson Suspect's Home Even Before Rampage

This is really strange. I do wonder what kind of mental illness this young man had? Whatever it was, it seems to have only onset in the last couple of months.

Schizophrenia seems likely based on his paranoia, detachment from reality, and strange way of thinking.

I wonder if this guy will get insanity plea? As long as he isn't a free man the rest of his life, I'm fine.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:36 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,505,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
If anyone claims to be acting on any of these quoted statements and somebody is killed then the appropriate speakers should be charged and tried as an accessory to murder before the fact. Calling for killing is not a frivolity that should be excused as political rhetoric. It is an assault.
And anyone who insists someone is responsible for a killing when they are not should be sued for slander and libel.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
I wonder the same thing every time I hear what FOX news Glenn Beck has to say... Contrived nonsense...
Then don't watch. Easy, huh?

Old 01-11-2011, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxgJK...ayer_embedded#!

That is a Youtube link of tweets about Palin wishing death on her. Is Youtube now a " right wing site"
The left will say this doesn't count, because its just regular people. However, they have no problem pointing out "regular people" at tea party rallies.

Old 01-12-2011, 06:35 AM

4,802 posts, read 8,787,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
WoW!!!

Thanks for sharing that

I am all for free speech. Call Palin whatever name you wish but the death threats and the actual damage to others property is going entirely to far

I am waiting to see those democrats that think all the hate is coming from the right to defend these links
Since this horrible tragedy occured, I've been watching the accusations, politicization, and finger-pointing flying fast and furiously from the left.

As far as I am concerned, this is the work of a seriously deranged young man whose behavior for several years prior to this event, was a series of red flags that were ignored by those around him. Trying to score political points by assigning blame to anything exterior to this young man is foolish and misplaced.

Strangely though, it has brought one point to the forefront that many people may not have realized prior to this.

When those on the left say hateful, terrible things about a politician or someone else who disagrees with them, wishes death and destruction upon them and their progeny, or uses inappropriate analogies, they are excercising their First Amendment rights. When someone on the right does any of the above, they are "inflamming" the general populace and inciting them to violence. Or at least, that is the way THEY see things.

The hands of those on the left are as dirty as anyone else's when it comes to hateful, disgusting rhetoric.

Those who live in glass houses......

Old 01-12-2011, 06:42 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,151,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
No, we "all" don't "know" anything of the sort, nor are your statements related to reality in any way. Calm down. Nobody is trying to restrict your free speech rights, democrats are not trying to take your guns away, so get a grip, take a deep breath, and relax. Everything is going to be okay.
Yeah, I know, because the people won't put up with the democrats trying to curtail speech they don't like or restrict actual "rights" we have.

Old 01-12-2011, 07:39 AM

499 posts, read 407,078 times
Here are some statistics comparing the rate of gun deaths to type of gun law.

No source that I can see, so take with a pinch of salt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies