Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 12:46 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Why? I mean, like the Euro, NWO, flipping a switch to go green and dump fossils in one fell swoop, Wealth redistribution, promote diversity to no end, want illegals to become legal, tear apart the HC system, etc.
What was "unproven" about the Euro?

The New World Order, isn't an experiment, it is an actuality desired or not.

"Flipping a switch to go green", simply ludicrous. No one has NEVER proffered a proposal that would in their wildest dreams that could "dump" fossil fuels in 10 much less one fell swoop.

Oh, hell what is the point arguing with such ignorance...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2010, 12:46 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,133,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Not at all. You didn't read Sowell's Poverty Pimp's Poem article, did you? Read it. It includes Sowell's and another economist's professional opinions.

So what?

I can get an expert witness to say whatever I like. I'm not even arguing with them anyway, but with the premise of this thread, which is ridiculous.

I am for good ideas. Good ideas come from the left, the right, and everywhere in between. Rejecting an idea just because it is associated with a particular ideology is, in my mind, fuggin stoopid.

Old 12-03-2010, 12:54 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Why do conservatives buy into religion when it's unproven?
False premise. There are religious liberals, as well.

Old 12-03-2010, 12:54 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,479,858 times
Social experiments move society forward. Example: equal rights and protections for women in the United States. In the absence of social experiments you have societal backwaters. Example: women as second class citizens in some Muslim countries.

Where would you rather live?

Old 12-03-2010, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
So what?

I can get an expert witness to say whatever I like. I'm not even arguing with them anyway, but with the premise of this thread, which is ridiculous.

I am for good ideas. Good ideas come from the left, the right, and everywhere in between. Rejecting an idea just because it is associated with a particular ideology is, in my mind, fuggin stoopid.
Rejecting ideas that DON'T WORK in practice is just plain common sense. Embrace it.

Old 12-03-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Rejecting ideas that DON'T WORK in practice is just plain common sense. Embrace it.
People may have a different idea of what works and what does not.

Welcome to the marketplace of ideas.

Buying or just browsing, or did you leave your wallet at home?

The difference between us is psychology. You have a closed mind. I don't.

Old 12-03-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
People may have a different idea of what works and what does not.

Welcome to the marketplace of ideas.

Buying or just browsing, or did you leave your wallet at home?

The difference between us is psychology. You have a closed mind. I don't.
So, are you saying generational welfare dependency was intentional? Or are you ready to admit it was a failure in providing a helping hand until the recipient got back on his feet?

Old 12-03-2010, 01:48 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
What was "unproven" about the Euro?

The New World Order, isn't an experiment, it is an actuality desired or not.

"Flipping a switch to go green", simply ludicrous. No one has NEVER proffered a proposal that would in their wildest dreams that could "dump" fossil fuels in 10 much less one fell swoop.

Oh, hell what is the point arguing with such ignorance...
The NWO is definitely a Communist experiment. The Euro was also an experiment. See how it's failing in just 20 years? It was unproven because it was never attempted before. All it is is a stepping stone to the NWO which will also fail miserably. Nothing like holding people's lives hostage while the dummies who think they are smsrter than everyone else experiment with your livlihood and existence. Please tell us. What is a higher idea than Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness? There is no higher ground than that and obtaining unalienable rights from our creator. None, zip, nadda. You can only go down from there. Down into misery and slavery.

Old 12-03-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
So, are you saying generational welfare dependency was intentional? Or are you ready to admit it was a failure in providing a helping hand until the recipient got back on his feet?

I said what I said, not what you claim I said.

Some degree of welfare is a necessary evil in a county with the size and complexity of the US. Not having any safety net at all leads to a degree of economic disparity that is not healthy for any country's economy.

Welfare programs that help to provide opportunities are fine with me. Welfare programs that just reward sloth are not.

It's not a simple, black-and-white issue. But like I said, that's how you seem to think. People like you label anyone with a nuanced approach to anything as a "liberal", even when the label doesn't fit at all.

Old 12-03-2010, 02:21 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
[quote=SourD;16868054]Why? I mean, like the Euro, NWO, flipping a switch to go green and dump fossils in one fell swoop, First off they did not flip a switch. Europe has been more conservative, due to costs, than the US for many years. Question is why would anyone be against going green???Wealth redistribution,Like bailing out so many large businesses? Redistrubtion like that? I ask since no one elses money has been redistributed. promote diversity to no end,Yes, some are against diveristy, it is an old illness passed on from parent to child. want illegals to become legal,Really? If I recall the past amensty programs were pushed by the Repubs. This is an old myth passed on by those that do not have a clue who it is that has wanted resolve the problem by making all of them legal. When it happens again let us know, until then it is propaganda tear apart the HC system,The healthcare system we have is flawed big time and was n need of revamping, even Repub Reps have agreed with that, maybe if they had some better ideas when the issue came up for debate we might have gotten so,eting better. Thing is we pay the most for our healthcare while being rated below other systems and leaving many o us paying for those that can not afford the price of insurance. It was time for a resolution and it will become the norm, you can put it off but you cannot kill it, get used to the idea. FYI, the Insurance companies will do just fine. etc.

These are ALL social EXPERIMENTS! Experiments that they have no idea how they will turn out. Experiments that HAVE led to the starvation and deaths of millions of people! Really? have some data to share, otherwise I just see more rhetoric.Why must they experiment on the human race like they do? I think they are dangerous as all hell for doing that. Just about ALL Communist regimes have tried these experiments in one way or another, they ALL end in misery for the people.There we go again, cannot have a rant about the evil Progs without somehow calling them Communists, it only shows the lack control on the part of the poster.[/quote]
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies