Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 01:12 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I didn't mean that. I meant that we do, actually. I know i do. However, i don't know a single Repub who had anything to say about it when it passed.
But the topic isnt Republicans, the topic is the Democrats who wanted to hang Bush for passing a bill that Democrats are eerily quiet about after Obama signed it. Similar to the deaths going on in Iraq/Afghanistan. All we heard was daily whining and moaning about the deaths taking place and now you'd think we weren't in wars at all..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2010, 01:53 PM

1,728 posts, read 4,727,874 times
The point is that nearly every Congressmen and Senator voted for it when it first came out. Since then, most Congressmen and Senators have voted to reauthorize the Patriot Act. Democrat or Republican doesn't really matter.

Old 11-30-2010, 01:55 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
a better question is, why do so-called conservatives tolerate it?

apparently the GOP is OK with big government, as long as they are running the show.

Old 11-30-2010, 01:57 PM

The GOP is ok with big government providing they get rid of abortions, homosexuals, and other how do they term it, "moral deviants"

Old 11-30-2010, 01:59 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
a better question is, why do so-called conservatives tolerate it?

apparently the GOP is OK with big government, as long as they are running the show.
Have you raised any objections to the expansion of it? Unwarranted email searches, Assasinating US citizens, etc?

Old 11-30-2010, 01:59 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown85 View Post
The GOP is ok with big government providing they get rid of abortions, homosexuals, and other how do they term it, "moral deviants"
That would include many Repubs then...

Old 11-30-2010, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
That would include many Repubs then...
That's the irony. It's ok if one of them has a relative who needs an abortion, or who is gay, or engages the services of a female for nighttime activity.

But not ok for the rest of us.

Old 11-30-2010, 02:01 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Have you raised any objections to the expansion of it? Unwarranted email searches, Assasinating US citizens, etc?
Indeed, Global leaders of democracy listen when I speak from my city-data pulpit.

Old 11-30-2010, 02:10 PM

914 posts, read 4,445,177 times
I don't support it. Just because I am a Democrat doesn't mean that I love everything every Democrat as ever done, nor have I ever claimed to. I can think about plenty of things I don't like about the current administration, or Joe Biden, or any politician. In general I support Joe Biden, but no, I don't support this, and I don't agree with it. But this isn't the only issue ever. My vote is based on a wide variety of issues. I've never met the perfect politician. I doubt one exists.

Show me someone that supports everything a party or individual politician does, I'll show you someone who knows jack about politics.

Old 11-30-2010, 02:16 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillaceae View Post
I don't support it. Just because I am a Democrat doesn't mean that I love everything every Democrat as ever done, nor have I ever claimed to. I can think about plenty of things I don't like about the current administration, or Joe Biden, or any politician. In general I support Joe Biden, but no, I don't support this, and I don't agree with it. But this isn't the only issue ever. My vote is based on a wide variety of issues. I've never met the perfect politician. I doubt one exists.

Show me someone that supports everything a party or individual politician does, I'll show you someone who knows jack about politics.
I agree with you here. Nobody agrees with ANYBODY 100% of tthe time on 100% of the issues. So when you see it here, don't trust them.

Anyway, the thread was mainly to show that all the Liberals and Democrats that flamed Bush for all of those years for signing it, were duped beyond belief because one of their own actually authored it. That's all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies