Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 06:54 PM

16,952 posts, read 16,843,269 times

Advertisements

No... no....don't WORRY ....when the JOBLESS begin to STARVE they will be very hungry and when that turns into MILLIONS November 30th ....just remember ...desperate people in desperate times....

Think New Orleans.: NO FEMA for 4 days , no water , no food , no shelter and no LAW, so society got a bit * naked * stripped itself from humanity and looting persued...

Don't worry about the Jobless ! It will be made known when they show the FORCE of millions of desperate people...they will be everywhere . Be ready Bashers !

They are you . Society that judged....They are coming for you ! Those that beat down the unemployed !

Oh, and by the way, I hope you never made fun of them in real life on the streets. They know where you live....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2010, 07:16 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,601,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
So we went from this..........

to this...........

If you feel he's scamming the system report him, but then maybe it's just your perception that he "hasn't been looking that hard".

What good would that do. It's down to perception. My neice also didn't take jobs she could until she saw her benefits running out and she would end up living with her folks again. That scared her into accepting a lower paying job than unemployment. LOL

Old 11-18-2010, 07:20 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,875,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyJersey View Post
And now for the rest of the story...

The Republicans have no problem extending the benefits...as long as they are PAID for. Remember PAYGO? So rather than just throw another heap on the deficit, take the money out of the unspent stimulus. Does anyone seriously have an issue with that??
Now, exactly why do the Dems need the Repubs to pass the jobless benefits legislation anyway? They didn't need the Repubs for Obamacare and the rest of their "screw the American people over" agenda. Why now?

It sounds to me like the Dems are only trying to use and not help the unemployed. If the Dems really want to help the unemployed, then they need to get the heck out of the way so jobs can finally be created.

Old 11-18-2010, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Do you have ANY idea how many of the LONG term unemployed are over 45? It's a sizeable percentage, and the jobs at less than 50% of their previous salaries just aren't THERE.

I suggest you check out the UE forum sometime, MANY have applied to those "low paying" jobs only to be rejected.

There is approx ONE job for every FIVE people that need one. Do the math.
My husband was over 45. He got some hair dye, put it on his hair, and went on interviews. As soon as he got the job he stopped using it. You do what you need to do. He didn't go on unemployment either. It drove him nuts to be without a job so he would have taken a job at McDonald's if need be. He did apply at a fast food restaurant for manager but he has too many degrees so he wasn't accepted.

Old 11-18-2010, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Hey, if they want to spend their lives in 3rd world crap holes, go ahead.
LOL, they will build their mansions and hire the locals. Not a bad life. Belieze is beautiful.

Old 11-18-2010, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Maybe he was only worth half of what he was making at his other job which is maybe why he got the ax. I am worth what I get paid and there is no way in hell I would work for 50% less.
He got axed because the business was closing down.

Old 11-18-2010, 09:32 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,862,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So would you stay on unemployment until another job came along at 100% of your old salary ?
You damned right I would. In fact, I might even want MORE than my old salary- assuming the same kind of work. But in any case, I am not working for less than I make now- because I am worth it (and more).

Old 11-18-2010, 09:38 PM
Itz

714 posts, read 2,206,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyJersey View Post
And now for the rest of the story...

The Republicans have no problem extending the benefits...as long as they are PAID for. Remember PAYGO? So rather than just throw another heap on the deficit, take the money out of the unspent stimulus. Does anyone seriously have an issue with that??
Its sad that so many people forget that the repubs want it to be PAID for.... Really unbelievable that so many people believe there is a money tree in Washington - that is funded by ALL taxpayers.

Old 11-18-2010, 09:45 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,824,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itz View Post
Its sad that so many people forget that the repubs want it to be PAID for.... Really unbelievable that so many people believe there is a money tree in Washington - that is funded by ALL taxpayers.
Well our government has discovered the printing press.
We can print up money whenever we need it and use it to pay our bills.
Knowing that, it is any wonder why Congress doesn't seem to be worried about passing spending bills and crying "emergency spending" ?

“Once the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the Republic.” – Benjamin Franklin

Old 11-18-2010, 09:57 PM

48,493 posts, read 97,207,468 times
Fuunyt how the democratic speacil interest triped the defcit in just 11 monthsd and still they think it doesn't have to be paid for. If you look closely its not just repubicans thinking we are in a deficdit crisis form recent spending on the chiese cardit card. You would think they would want to pay the bill and not pass it on to their children and grandchildren.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies