Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 10:51 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,902,852 times

Advertisements

The economy was starting to tank in 2007, the last year of Bush. Obama just happened to be in power when the snowball really started to roll downhill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2010, 12:31 PM

16,952 posts, read 16,885,342 times
Please don't worry about the unemployed on "Christmas Day" . We can take coal and stick that in our stockings hanging above the chimney with care , that's if we have a chimney or even a roof over our heads.

We can also do what I did as a kid. Take a cinder block , make some mud and water into pretend chocolate frosting and * ice * the cinder block and pretend its a cake . We can pretend cement is cake, right ?

Old 11-19-2010, 01:03 PM

59,543 posts, read 27,917,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
OR this part...

The GOP doesn't really care about this issue, if they did, they would have demanded pay go for defense spending. But they don't, instead the cut taxes and borrowed money to finance their wet dreams in the Middle East. This is nothing but a pathetic attempt to appease their gullible base into thinking they actually give two hoots about spending, at the expense of Americans who need help the most. I can't think of anything more scummy than that.
Lack of knowledge or just plain stupidity is dangerous.

I don't know where you have been for the past 4 years but, the repubs have NOT been in control of the purse strings for 4 years. The dems have had the majorities in both houses. So, if any money has been appropriated for the wars in the Middle East it is because the dems have voted for them.

But, I actually believe you knew that. You just want another opportunity to spread your highly intelligent vocabulary. "their wet dreams, a pathetic attempt to appease their gullible base, more scummy than that."

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John
Wayne

Old 11-19-2010, 04:01 PM

8,650 posts, read 17,325,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
The fact that you are so locked into your party & want to continually blame blame blame & demonize those who don't think exactly as you do is very sad.
It is hard to converse with someone who refuses to see or even consider anothers point of view.
You mean like Nancy, Harry, and Barney refuse do ???????

I'd list more but I'm sure you get the idea!

Old 11-21-2010, 09:22 PM

240 posts, read 445,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Please don't worry about the unemployed on "Christmas Day" . We can take coal and stick that in our stockings hanging above the chimney with care , that's if we have a chimney or even a roof over our heads.

We can also do what I did as a kid. Take a cinder block , make some mud and water into pretend chocolate frosting and * ice * the cinder block and pretend its a cake . We can pretend cement is cake, right ?
You'll certainly be looking to burn coal to heat your abode as will I if electricity rates and the cost of ALL types of energy skyrocket under Obama's policies. We all will become poor. That is his radical idea of leveling the global playing field. In his eyes, Americans NEED to become poorer so OTHER countries can become richer!! That is "justice" in his DReams From MY FAther book!!

Old 11-21-2010, 09:48 PM

5,340 posts, read 6,573,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
The economy was starting to tank in 2007, the last year of Bush. Obama just happened to be in power when the snowball really started to roll downhill.
The party that controlled Congress since January 2007 is the Democrat Party. They controlled the budget process for FY 2008 and FY 2009, as well as FY 2010 and FY 2011. In that first year, they had to contend with George Bush, which caused them to compromise on spending, when Bush somewhat belatedly got tough on spending increases.

For FY 2009 though, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid bypassed George Bush entirely, passing continuing resolutions to keep government running until Obama could take office. At that time, they passed a massive omnibus spending bill to complete the FY 2009 budgets.

And where was Obama during this time? He was a member of that very Congress that passed all of these massive spending bills, and he signed the omnibus bill as President to complete FY 2009.

If the Democrats inherited any deficit, it was the FY 2007 deficit, the last of the Republican budgets. That deficit was the lowest in five years, and the fourth straight decline in deficit spending. After that, Democrats in Congress took control of spending, and that includes Obama, who voted for the budgets. If Obama inherited anything, he inherited it from himself.

In a nutshell, what Obama is saying is I inherited a deficit that I voted for and then I voted to expand that deficit four-fold since January 20th. 2009

Old 11-21-2010, 10:01 PM

89,902 posts, read 45,672,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
In a nutshell, what Obama is saying is I inherited a deficit that I voted for and then I voted to expand that deficit four-fold since January 20th. 2009
Exactly.

Old 11-21-2010, 10:07 PM

240 posts, read 445,281 times
Quote:
The party that controlled Congress since January 2007 is the Democrat Party. They controlled the budget process for FY 2008 and FY 2009, as well as FY 2010 and FY 2011. In that first year, they had to contend with George Bush, which caused them to compromise on spending, when Bush somewhat belatedly got tough on spending increases.

For FY 2009 though, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid bypassed George Bush entirely, passing continuing resolutions to keep government running until Obama could take office. At that time, they passed a massive omnibus spending bill to complete the FY 2009 budgets.

And where was Obama during this time? He was a member of that very Congress that passed all of these massive spending bills, and he signed the omnibus bill as President to complete FY 2009.

If the Democrats inherited any deficit, it was the FY 2007 deficit, the last of the Republican budgets. That deficit was the lowest in five years, and the fourth straight decline in deficit spending. After that, Democrats in Congress took control of spending, and that includes Obama, who voted for the budgets. If Obama inherited anything, he inherited it from himself.

God Bless you!! Someone with common sense who gets it. I applaud you!!

Old 11-21-2010, 10:11 PM

22,286 posts, read 19,667,480 times
Quote:

During Bush's last two years in office he basically got everything he wanted, the budget everything. The GOP had record filibusters (until they broke it again the last two years).

When Obama took office the budget for 2009 was already in the red $1.3 trillion based off what Bush signed.

Old 11-21-2010, 10:39 PM

5,340 posts, read 6,573,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post

When Obama took office the budget for 2009 was already in the red $1.3 trillion based off what Bush signed.
So, tell me again, what is it about Obama that makes him so brilliant and impressive? Can't think of anything? Don't worry. He's done all this in 24 months -- so you'll have two years to come up with an answer.

Every statement is factual and directly attributable to Barrack Hussein Obama. Every bumble is a matter of record and completely verifiable. !

For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies