Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2022, 08:01 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,274,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Another nut in Westmoreland County. Erie, do you know this guy?

https://triblive.com/local/westmorel...sk-coin-theft/
Nope, but it’s great he’s been arrested, and hopefully prosecuted to the full extent. I’m not in favor of defending and enabling criminals and have no use in dealing with riff-raff. My standards simply aren’t that low as those that do.

Last edited by erieguy; 03-17-2022 at 08:10 PM..

Old 03-18-2022, 05:20 AM

3,829 posts, read 1,693,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Nope, but it’s great he’s been arrested, and hopefully prosecuted to the full extent. I’m not in favor of defending and enabling criminals and have no use in dealing with riff-raff. My standards simply aren’t that low as those that do.
I’m glad to hear that.

Old 03-18-2022, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
I’m glad to hear that.
Lol. I’ve said it all along.

Old 03-18-2022, 11:32 AM

Man dead after shooting in Pittsburgh’s Knoxville neighborhood

https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-storie...edium=news_tab

Old 03-18-2022, 02:45 PM

6,360 posts, read 5,069,815 times
Quote:
Man dead after shooting in Pittsburgh’s Knoxville neighborhood

https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-storie...edium=news_tab
just freaking crazy. what kills me is that this is just another digit in the "# of murders column". not that we have to know the name, background, and family of every victim, but we DO know that usually when it becomes a racial incident.

otherwise, who cares about this guy. its sad - and we are so desensitized that there are actually people with weapons shooting and killing others over....what? drugs? some woman who probably screwed 10 other guys? its crazy.

Old 03-18-2022, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
just freaking crazy. what kills me is that this is just another digit in the "# of murders column". not that we have to know the name, background, and family of every victim, but we DO know that usually when it becomes a racial incident.

otherwise, who cares about this guy. its sad - and we are so desensitized that there are actually people with weapons shooting and killing others over....what? drugs? some woman who probably screwed 10 other guys? its crazy.
It’s just another digit in the murders column because so many want to ignore it and continue to defend and enable criminals, blame the meanie police, are too weak to stand up and do something to help fix their neighborhoods, etc…

Gainey says he’s going to do something about the black on black violence. We’ll see if he actually does something or it turns out to be lip service.

https://newpittsburghcourier.com/202...iolence/?amp=1

Old 03-18-2022, 02:58 PM

Quote:
It’s just another digit in the murders column because so many want to ignore it and continue to defend and enable criminals, blame the meanie police, are too weak to stand up and do something to help fix their neighborhoods, etc…

Gainey says he’s going to do something about the black on black violence. We’ll see if he actually does something or it turns out to be lip service.

see thats just my point - do something about...VIOLENCE. not 'black on black violence'. but i am nit picking here - i understand Gainey's intention. but to label it as THAT (b on b) gives more power to my argument that a certain neighborhood, just black dudes, and ho-hum. next on Channel 4, some dumb segue to the weather guy with cute commentary by the female anchor.

Old 03-18-2022, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
see thats just my point - do something about...VIOLENCE. not 'black on black violence'. but i am nit picking here - i understand Gainey's intention. but to label it as THAT (b on b) gives more power to my argument that a certain neighborhood, just black dudes, and ho-hum. next on Channel 4, some dumb segue to the weather guy with cute commentary by the female anchor.
Yes, you’re nitpicking.

I’d wager he wants to stop all violence and he’s simply addressing one of the biggest problems. If a white mayor said that many would be calling for his head, so he’s at least addressing it…but let’s not forget there’s no traffic stops for fear of hurting some folks feelings, so we’ll see if he puts his money where his mouth is.

Old 03-19-2022, 10:33 PM

1,171 posts, read 539,671 times
keeping the thread going thanks to violent and decaying pittsburgh

Fatal shooting on South Side Flats

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/cr...s/202203190062

"Pittsburgh police received a ShotSpotter alert about 10:30 p.m. for multiple shots fired in the 1000 block of Freysburg Street. There, officers found a man who had been shot in the chest.

He was pronounced dead at the scene."

1000 block freyburg street south side flats

https://goo.gl/maps/a6a3R3tCDtPKeSgn9

Old 03-20-2022, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUILD PENN SQUARE View Post
keeping the thread going thanks to violent and decaying pittsburgh

Fatal shooting on South Side Flats

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/cr...s/202203190062

"Pittsburgh police received a ShotSpotter alert about 10:30 p.m. for multiple shots fired in the 1000 block of Freysburg Street. There, officers found a man who had been shot in the chest.

He was pronounced dead at the scene."

1000 block freyburg street south side flats

https://goo.gl/maps/a6a3R3tCDtPKeSgn9

this will all pass. people thought it was the end of the world with the persian gulf wars, with everything else. in 2 year or maybe less, this wave of insanity will subside, hopefully.

i wonder if anyone here is old enough to have known the late 1960s - my understanding was then there was a lot of random violence, even incidents of attacks on fire departments that were sent on calls. there were domestic terrorist groups galore then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh