Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2022, 08:36 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,904,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Too many guns and too easy access to guns. Guns are an accepted part of the culture in the US. This is the negative that comes with the second amendment.
I grew up in Lancaster County. My town has MULTIPLE gun stores and gun clubs. My high school had a rifle team, where we shot in the rifle range AT the school.
My dad's township, Conoy Township, has signs at its borders saying "Welcome to Conoy Township. This is not a gun-free zone".
And guess what? We dont have problems like this. Gun crime is NOT a problem at home.

The problem isnt guns. The problems are culture and politics.

Old 04-17-2022, 08:53 AM

45,465 posts, read 60,692,988 times
Quote:
Too many guns and too easy access to guns. Guns are an accepted part of the culture in the US. This is the negative that comes with the second amendment.
"Too easy access"? Have you ever tried to buy a firearm legally?

Old 04-17-2022, 09:00 AM

10,918 posts, read 4,573,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
its easier to get one on the downlow.

Old 04-17-2022, 09:03 AM

1,913 posts, read 742,294 times
The adults in those neighborhoods don't care if the kids get killed. Why should anyone else?

Old 04-17-2022, 09:20 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,904,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
its easier to get one on the downlow.
I have no idea about how to get a gun illegally. I have an assault rifle under my couch and a pistol on the night stand next to my bed. Heck, I even had a C&R license (that I got from the ATF through the mail) that I used to buy a revolver THROUGH THE MAIL...
I have no idea where to even go to try to get a gun illegally. Its just so shocking to me, as a legal gun-owner, that in certain communities its apparently so easy to get one illegally.

But again, instead of increasing the penalties for those who use guns to commit crime, or instead of crucifying those who illegally provide guns to those prohibited from possessing them, the liberals answer is to talk about passing laws AGAINST ME - regulating how I store my guns (which theyd have to enter my house to enforce) and to pass laws against selling kits to manufacture guns.

I hate Democrats. They want to come for MY guns, while any talk of increasing the penalties for those who illegally misuse guns is shot down by accusations of "racism". Meanwhile, they demonize the police, celebrate shooters like Antwon, release criminals without bail, and shut down Shuman - and release juveniles onto house arrest after theyve committed gun crimes....
but somehow people LIKE ME are the cause of gun violence in the sick view of Democrats. I hate them. I truly do.

Old 04-17-2022, 11:00 AM

3,829 posts, read 1,689,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
I grew up in Lancaster County. My town has MULTIPLE gun stores and gun clubs. My high school had a rifle team, where we shot in the rifle range AT the school.
My dad's township, Conoy Township, has signs at its borders saying "Welcome to Conoy Township. This is not a gun-free zone".
And guess what? We dont have problems like this. Gun crime is NOT a problem at home.

The problem isnt guns. The problems are culture and politics.
The problem is there are too many guns and people can’t be trusted. Again, we allow more guns than people in this country. It isn’t shocking what is happening. It’s too far gone to do anything about. We want them in our culture. You have to deal with the issues they bring as well. That’s life and hopefully you or I don’t get caught in a crossfire.

Old 04-17-2022, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Yes I left with it that day. Guns are plenty available. This is the easiest country in the developed world to obtain one. Again we want guns in our culture we want more and more. You also have to deal with the consequences that come with it. Many people can’t be trusted.

Old 04-17-2022, 11:57 AM

45,465 posts, read 60,692,988 times
Quote:
Yes I left with it that day. Guns are plenty available. This is the easiest country in the developed world to obtain one. Again we want guns in our culture we want more and more. You also have to deal with the consequences that come with it. Many people can’t be trusted.
And yet we also allow them to drive two ton pieces of metal in traffic, climb ladders as well as a multitude of other activities that can harm themselves and/or others.

I'm looking at a half dozen firearms right now and not one of them is giving any indication they wish to harm anything or anybody.

Old 04-17-2022, 02:46 PM

Quote:
And yet we also allow them to drive two ton pieces of metal in traffic, climb ladders as well as a multitude of other activities that can harm themselves and/or others.

I'm looking at a half dozen firearms right now and not one of them is giving any indication they wish to harm anything or anybody.
You are comparing ladders and vehicles to something that shoots projectiles with the purpose of destroying what you aim at.

Americans want the right to bear arms. You are all for it I get that. And firearms are dangerous because they serve no other purpose than to destroy what you are aiming at.

I don’t know why this is surprising to people that are OK with having more firearms than people. What do you honestly expect? If 99 percent of the people are responsible you still have 1 percent that causes a problem. And that 1 percent is shooting projectiles that will destroy what they are aiming at.

Old 04-17-2022, 03:11 PM

It’s amazing to me the posters on here that magnify and report gun deaths, but downplay COVID 19.

From 1968 to 2011-1.2 million people were killed by firearms.

From 2020 to 2022 nearly 1million people died from of Covid.

In 2020 45,000 people were killed in the US by a firearm. 54% being suicide.- big deal

In 2020 400,000 Americans died of Covid. No big deal!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh