Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2021, 03:34 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,071,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
Same with mass shootings and bullying. This has been an issue for a long time. The USA is a very violent place and has been since its inception. Will it change?
As a whole there is very little violence in the US. Violence in the burbs would be very rare. Statistically most violence is in black areas. Sorry to say it, but I prefer the real world. Gun violence is crazy in every city and the pattern is the same everywhere. Parts of some cities are like living in Haiti. I don’t know why the violence is concentrated in black areas? It is very sad to read about it and it has become acceptable. Why? A cultural difference? Don’t know, but there is no excuse for it.

Old 10-19-2021, 03:59 PM

4,182 posts, read 2,978,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
As a whole there is very little violence in the US. Violence in the burbs would be very rare. Statistically most violence is in black areas. Sorry to say it, but I prefer the real world. Gun violence is crazy in every city and the pattern is the same everywhere. Parts of some cities are like living in Haiti. I don’t know why the violence is concentrated in black areas? It is very sad to read about it and it has become acceptable. Why? A cultural difference? Don’t know, but there is no excuse for it.
The united states is the most violent culture on earth. Its everywhere. You do not live in the real world. Gun violence is a national issue not a black issue. Why are so many guns infiltrating the poorest of neighborhoods. Where are all of these guns coming from? I do not think black teenagers benefit financially from the gun underground black market. A teenager with a high powered assault riffle? Brand new in the box or worse...non traceable guns? Where are all these drugs coming from? I do not think black teenagers smuggle drugs into this country either. You must start at the top of the food chain. Violence is very profitable.

Again I am not the black inner city spokesman as some white people would assume.

It is highly likely the children of the murdered mother of six documentation will appear on my desk soon. I do not follow the news because of this. Overdose deaths and murdered parents have a impact on my life like no other.... It is draining and exhausting.

Old 10-19-2021, 06:24 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,311,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
The united states is the most violent culture on earth. Its everywhere. You do not live in the real world. Gun violence is a national issue not a black issue. Why are so many guns infiltrating the poorest of neighborhoods. Where are all of these guns coming from? I do not think black teenagers benefit financially from the gun underground black market. A teenager with a high powered assault riffle? Brand new in the box or worse...non traceable guns? Where are all these drugs coming from? I do not think black teenagers smuggle drugs into this country either. You must start at the top of the food chain. Violence is very profitable.

Again I am not the black inner city spokesman as some white people would assume.

It is highly likely the children of the murdered mother of six documentation will appear on my desk soon. I do not follow the news because of this. Overdose deaths and murdered parents have a impact on my life like no other.... It is draining and exhausting.
Top of the food chain is the cartels. With drugs come guns and violence…and let’s not forget teenagers as well as adults stealing guns along with the revolving door of justice swinging so quickly so they can get out and do it all over again. Enabling and defending criminals is a huge problem.

Old 10-20-2021, 01:13 PM

199 posts, read 85,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Top of the food chain is the cartels. With drugs come guns and violence…and let’s not forget teenagers as well as adults stealing guns along with the revolving door of justice swinging so quickly so they can get out and do it all over again. Enabling and defending criminals is a huge problem.

What do you think is the best way to combat the drug problem?

Old 10-20-2021, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexNevermind View Post
What do you think is the best way to combat the drug problem?
There isn’t one. Too much money in drugs, but the folks that get arrested for dealing shouldn’t swing through the revolving door of justice, and capital punishment for those that commit violent crime.

Old 10-20-2021, 02:34 PM

Quote:
There isn’t one. Too much money in drugs, but the folks that get arrested for dealing shouldn’t swing through the revolving door of justice, and capital punishment for those that commit violent crime.
What do you think should be done with addicts?

Old 10-20-2021, 02:38 PM

Quote:
What do you think should be done with addicts?
Not much can be done with addicts. Many are too weak to quit, and many don’t want to quit. If they commit crimes lock them up. If they commit violent crimes, capital punishment.

Old 10-20-2021, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Not much can be done with addicts. Many are too weak to quit, and many don’t want to quit. If they commit crimes lock them up. If they commit violent crimes, capital punishment.
Do you think that the possession of drugs itself should be a crime?

Old 10-20-2021, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Do you think that the possession of drugs itself should be a crime?
Lol. Of course, if they’re illegal drugs.

Old 10-20-2021, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Lol. Of course, if they’re illegal drugs.
Do you think they should be illegal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh