Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2021, 08:03 AM

3,829 posts, read 1,683,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Lol. Taxpayers are on the hook for lots of things. If one got butthurt over all of it, one would live in anger most everyday. I’m simply not that sensitive.
You aren’t a fiscal conservative nor a conservative then. You say you care about cops. Then why aren’t you concerned with what is causing the most line of duty deaths? You are ok with arming a police officer against all these bad people. Yet the number one cause of line of duty deaths is Covid-19. You really are not concerned about the boys in blue at all.

You are ok with wasting taxpayer dollars and putting taxpayers on the hook to pay generous death benefits and healthcare costs when an unvaccinated officer gets sick and dies. Got it….

Old 10-17-2021, 08:08 AM

1,910 posts, read 736,354 times
Most cops caught covid in 2020. If I had already survived the virus, no way would I get a vaccine. It's stupid theater to please the criminal politicians and their moronic followers.

Old 10-17-2021, 08:14 AM

41,018 posts, read 18,194,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
You aren’t a fiscal conservative nor a conservative then. You say you care about cops. Then why aren’t you concerned with what is causing the most line of duty deaths? You are ok with arming a police officer against all these bad people. Yet the number one cause of line of duty deaths is Covid-19. You really are not concerned about the boys in blue at all.

You are ok with wasting taxpayer dollars and putting taxpayers on the hook to pay generous death benefits and healthcare costs when an unvaccinated officer gets sick and dies. Got it….
Love the assumptions, and caring about cops has nothing to do with how they choose to live life. Their body their choice. Contrary to your belief, I don’t believe in being mandated how to live my life nor tell anyone how to live theirs.

Taxpayer dollars have been wasted and on pace for what the country has never seen before for the last 9 months. I don’t get excited about it because I saw it coming, and also said I’m glad my livelihood doesn’t depend on this regimes economic plan. What you’re complaining about is a drop in the bucket to the wasted taxpayers $$$ that’s been given away.

Old 10-17-2021, 09:50 PM

So sad and continues to happen
https://www.wtae.com/article/police-...hills/37984051

https://triblive.com/local/pittsburg...bowling-alley/

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2021...g-in-sheraden/

Old 10-17-2021, 10:21 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,962,173 times
It is one heck of a lot of shootings by black people. There really is no other way to look at it. I don't know what is going on, but wow, the violence and how selfish people must be brought up to just take someone's life. It is the most selfish act there is and that is the issue. How self centered are these killers? Answer, they are the most privileged, entitled people on earth as they took someone's life. You can't get more entitled than that.

Old 10-17-2021, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
It is one heck of a lot of shootings by black people. There really is no other way to look at it. I don't know what is going on, but wow, the violence and how selfish people must be brought up to just take someone's life. It is the most selfish act there is and that is the issue. How self centered are these killers? Answer, they are the most privileged, entitled people on earth as they took someone's life. You can't get more entitled than that.
Double Bingo

Old 10-18-2021, 08:17 PM

4,177 posts, read 2,954,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I vividly remember a conversation I had with my brother in the mid 1990s. My brother lived in London at the time. We were discussing the crack epidemic and the devastating impact it had on inner city neighborhoods. My brother said " this is nothing...wait until all of these babies raised or not raised by drug addicted parents come of age. It's going to be crazy" . We are experiencing the ramifications of crack babies. Violence is no longer limited to 5 neighborhoods. It is among us. Every "bad" neighborhood has 10 -15 individuals that should not be on the streets. Mob Deep's Shook One's lyrics says it all " 19 years old and beyond the cops control....betta have your riot gear ready"

I work for a black owned and operated non profit social services agency. My agency was started at the height of the crack epidemic. We are now in a cultural shift. We no longer service majority black inner city families. White suburban and rural families make up the lion share of our clients. The opioid epidemic is real and we will see the devastating impact in the next generation. It will not be as pronounced considering opioid addiction is now labeled as an illness.There is a unlimited amount of money available to "fix" the problem. Crack heads were demonized and joked about and viewed as sub human. Looking back at it these were very young adults caught up in the unknown.

I am black and from the hood. I have never come in close contact with these types of horrific acts. This applies to most black people. There is a common fear that our children will somehow come in contact with these individuals. That 15 year old Central Catholic students murder at the hayride had our community numb. I am referring to the working and middle class black community that exist in this city. Very scary times but this world is for the living. I pray over my family daily. I trust that my children will make the right decisions but the anxiety is real.

Old 10-19-2021, 01:34 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,962,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
I vividly remember a conversation I had with my brother in the mid 1990s. My brother lived in London at the time. We were discussing the crack epidemic and the devastating impact it had on inner city neighborhoods. My brother said " this is nothing...wait until all of these babies raised or not raised by drug addicted parents come of age. It's going to be crazy" . We are experiencing the ramifications of crack babies. Violence is no longer limited to 5 neighborhoods. It is among us. Every "bad" neighborhood has 10 -15 individuals that should not be on the streets. Mob Deep's Shook One's lyrics says it all " 19 years old and beyond the cops control....betta have your riot gear ready"

I work for a black owned and operated non profit social services agency. My agency was started at the height of the crack epidemic. We are now in a cultural shift. We no longer service majority black inner city families. White suburban and rural families make up the lion share of our clients. The opioid epidemic is real and we will see the devastating impact in the next generation. It will not be as pronounced considering opioid addiction is now labeled as an illness.There is a unlimited amount of money available to "fix" the problem. Crack heads were demonized and joked about and viewed as sub human. Looking back at it these were very young adults caught up in the unknown.

I am black and from the hood. I have never come in close contact with these types of horrific acts. This applies to most black people. There is a common fear that our children will somehow come in contact with these individuals. That 15 year old Central Catholic students murder at the hayride had our community numb. I am referring to the working and middle class black community that exist in this city. Very scary times but this world is for the living. I pray over my family daily. I trust that my children will make the right decisions but the anxiety is real.
You have so much to offer so many. Thanks. I was just reading about a mother of 6 shot outside of a bowling alley in Kennedy Two. I guess there was an argument in the bowling ally that ended up deadly. Anyone could have been bowling that day, so it is just bad luck in a way.

The shootings are wildly high right now. Now there are 6 children without a mother. It can sure happen fast.

The hayride, Ross Park Mall, bowling alley all show there aren't many places to go, but one has to keep any eye on their surroundings. Glad you and your family haven't encountered such things. Just you saying that provides comfort. I hope you and your family will be saying that when you are in your 80's and smiling.

It is very upsetting to see these things on the news. I might come off as "cold", but I think I am more frustrated and sad than anything. When someone is shot so young, it just doesn't seem fair. Gone are the days of a couple people fist fighting and shaking hands after. Now it is a gun shot and the person that shot is hiding and in many cases never getting caught. They stole a life, yet people get used to it somehow.

Old 10-19-2021, 04:38 AM

1,910 posts, read 736,354 times
45 years ago, a girl I knew at high school and later, at college, got a job doing substitute teaching at city of Pittsburgh schools. She had not yet secured a full time teaching position, having just graduated. You know how kids were with substitutes? Well multiply that by 10 and you have PPS in a bad neighborhood. She ended up in the hospital with damaged vertebrae and neck muscles after a 12 year old girl tried to strangle her. The 12 year old significantly outweighed her.

None of this is new. And it seems to NEVER change.

Old 10-19-2021, 10:41 AM

4,177 posts, read 2,954,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiezz View Post
45 years ago, a girl I knew at high school and later, at college, got a job doing substitute teaching at city of Pittsburgh schools. She had not yet secured a full time teaching position, having just graduated. You know how kids were with substitutes? Well multiply that by 10 and you have PPS in a bad neighborhood. She ended up in the hospital with damaged vertebrae and neck muscles after a 12 year old girl tried to strangle her. The 12 year old significantly outweighed her.

None of this is new. And it seems to NEVER change.
Same with mass shootings and bullying. This has been an issue for a long time. The USA is a very violent place and has been since its inception. Will it change?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh