Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2020, 04:44 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,300,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Completely no contact sales and test drives weren't a rarity before? Are you just pulling things out to try to continue an argument?
Lmao. You’re the one continuing to argue. I know exactly how dealerships operate and have for years. You’re the one who obviously hasn’t dealt with one for many years....but please do prove the rarity before this recent lockdown. Let’s see some numbers to that.

I’ll even give you help. Look at Carvana, who I’ve mentioned already, model for selling vehicles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2020, 04:48 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,060,325 times
Glad Beaver County is standing up to the dictator Wolf. Well done over there! Of course state run liquor stores won't open there because....well everything government run sucks.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020...nesses-opened/

Old 05-08-2020, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Glad Beaver County is standing up to the dictator Wolf. Well done over there! Of course state run liquor stores won't open there because....well everything government run sucks.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020...nesses-opened/
I love it, and I love them not listening to that clown show.

Old 05-08-2020, 05:06 PM

37,307 posts, read 39,665,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Lmao. You’re the one continuing to argue. I know exactly how dealerships operate and have for years. You’re the one who obviously hasn’t dealt with one for many years....but please do prove the rarity before this recent lockdown. Let’s see some numbers to that.

I’ll even give you help. Look at Carvana, who I’ve mentioned already, model for selling vehicles.
You really want to keep pretending that statement is remotely true, huh. Let's reiterate this: completely no contact sales and test drives. You don't see or meet with a single person through the entire process while you're purchasing a new vehicle. You're trying to tell me this wasn't a rarity in the past? Such pure unadulterated bull****.

Old 05-08-2020, 05:10 PM

Quote:
You really want to keep pretending that statement is remotely true, huh. Let's reiterate this: completely no contact sales and test drives. You don't see or meet with a single person through the entire process while you're purchasing a new vehicle. You're trying to tell me this wasn't a rarity in the past? Such pure unadulterated bull****.
Prove it wasn’t.

The Carvana process must’ve been too hard for you to comprehend, lol.

Old 05-08-2020, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Prove it wasn’t.

The Carvana process must’ve been too hard for you to comprehend, lol.
Lol, you're still going to pretend you aren't full of it or somehow you know how to navigate the Internet that others can't. Keep going, we're not running out of Internet anytime soon.

Old 05-08-2020, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Lol, you're still going to pretend you aren't full of it or somehow you know how to navigate the Internet that others can't. Keep going, we're not running out of Internet anytime soon.
Sounds good. Prove what you’re assuming and I’ll happily admit I’m wrong...but we both know you can’t, and your feelings are based on your feelings being hurt by a meanie at a dealership that was belligerent towards you, lol.

Old 05-08-2020, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Sounds good. Prove what you’re assuming and I’ll happily admit I’m wrong...but we both know you can’t, and your feelings are based on your feelings being hurt by a meanie at a dealership that was belligerent towards you, lol.
Okay, you think there's going to be what, a survey out there specifically for this? Sorry, that's probably. not going to exist. You will have anecdotes like a random one on this forum or elsewhere or you're going to get things like how about CarMax launched their curbside service in mid-April 2020 in response to the pandemic: https://www.carmax.com/curbside-pickup

Old 05-08-2020, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Okay, you think there's going to be what, a survey out there specifically for this? Sorry, that's probably. not going to exist. You will have anecdotes like a random one on this forum or elsewhere or you're going to get things like how about CarMax launched their curbside service in mid-April 2020 in response to the pandemic: https://www.carmax.com/curbside-pickup
Ahhh, 1 example, lol. Who said Carmax didn’t just start the process? Prove that most dealerships haven’t been set up for it long before Carmax?

Did you look up and research the Carvana process, or was it too hard for you to comprehend?

Old 05-08-2020, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Ahhh, 1 example, lol. Who said Carmax didn’t just start the process? Prove that most dealerships haven’t been set up for it long before Carmax?

Did you look up and research the Carvana process, or was it too hard for you to comprehend?
You really think that pretending you have some special knowledge of Carvana is a good argument? It's not just Carmax--it's several other portals that have launched no contact sales and other services directly as a result of a pandemic. I don't think they'll release usage numbers for all of these anytime soon, but that multiple places are doing a swift rollout of this in reaction to the pandemic is pretty indicative of some kind of shift. Whether that'll be lasting past the pandemic is unknown, but at least there's an obvious additional effort to push these things out now that did not exist to the same extent prior to the pandemic. I'm looking forward to see what new bull**** you come out with in response to stack on top of all your previous piles--is it that your other friend owns autotrader and that there's misreporting about the rollout of these services?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh