Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 07:14 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,904,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2cme View Post
This is a funny thread.... ALL of photos have been point and shoot cameras! I travel a lot and spend a lot of time in war torn countries... I can't carry a big SLR around with me, its just way too much gear! Rule of thumb was, if it couldn't fit in my pocket, then I couldn't carry it! I've gone through many of those little guys, each getting better as the technology improved. The one below was taken before digital with a camera that used Advantix film (not 35mm film, but not digital - was somewhere in between).
Many of the posters on this forum have DSLR's. The creator of this thread did it to show that good P&S are possible, however, there is a marked difference between what DSLR's and P&S can deliver.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2009, 10:43 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,665,345 times
Default One of my better shots

This was one of my first shots with my new (at the time) Canon A630 digital camera.

Last edited by Blondie621; 04-27-2009 at 10:53 PM..

Old 04-27-2009, 11:30 PM

2,870 posts, read 3,370,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
Many of the posters on this forum have DSLR's. The creator of this thread did it to show that good P&S are possible, however, there is a marked difference between what DSLR's and P&S can deliver.
Absolutely no doubt about it, SLR's give the photographer much more flexibility to 'tweak' their shot. So do the photo editor programs many people use.

A good picture should be based on the content, composition, eye for balance & frame ,,, all of those sort of things that the 'photographer' controls... and NOT based on what the camera or the photo edit programs can do!

I'll put my little snap & shoot up against the big boys any day, it has its own set of things that the SLR's can't do... like fit into my pocket! LOL hahahaha

Happy Snapping!

Old 04-27-2009, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
This was one of my first shots with my new (at the time) Canon A630 digital camera.
What an adorable photo... I have to make a copy and show my Grandma,,, she's always been a Chihuahua lover & it'll make her day to see this cutie pie!!

Old 04-28-2009, 06:30 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,816,847 times
Quote:

This is a great shot, not to mention absolutely adorable!

Old 04-28-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotogGal View Post
This is a great shot, not to mention absolutely adorable!
Thanx Photogal, it came out a little soft as alot of my other ones of him did in that shoot. When I get my new camera hopefully my pics will be better (if I can get the nerve to click out of the easy, infamous AUTO MODE! I will also invest in a Photoshop program so I can do some artistic stuff too.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:32 PM

I love this photo? Where was that?

Old 04-28-2009, 12:42 PM

Quote:
I love this photo? Where was that?
Thanks,,, its in Spain,, can't remember what the name of the town though... I'm horrible at keeping up with those details, especially when I may see dozens of little spots on the map in one trip. Yikes!

Old 04-28-2009, 12:48 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,904,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by x2cme View Post
Absolutely no doubt about it, SLR's give the photographer much more flexibility to 'tweak' their shot. So do the photo editor programs many people use.

A good picture should be based on the content, composition, eye for balance & frame ,,, all of those sort of things that the 'photographer' controls... and NOT based on what the camera or the photo edit programs can do!

I'll put my little snap & shoot up against the big boys any day, it has its own set of things that the SLR's can't do... like fit into my pocket! LOL hahahaha

Happy Snapping!
While I agree with some of your points, a photographer cannot always control light. It takes a good camera to control exposure, so no matter how good a photographer can be in capturing a shot, how it turns out to be is how the photograph will eventually be judged. Everyone chooses a camera for their ultimate purpose, whether it is to document travels or memorialize events. Photography is an art, and like all art, requires an investment. Whether that investment is equipment, software or just the time put in to hone the skill, it requires more than just snapping a button, IMO.

Old 04-28-2009, 01:20 PM

215 posts, read 607,442 times
Index of /

To many to show here and it's from Tennesee when I went to some 'haunted' resort on a business trip. Just search google for "pink lady grove park inn". They tried to put me and my mom in the same room she died in and I'm like ok sure XD, but we never stayed in it because my mom didn't want to
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography