Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 07:51 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,224,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catskids View Post
this is a low income area. People that live in this area get good deals renting these townhomes. this used to be public housing but is not anymore. there is security here and hoa. Still, this area is a place to stop until better income can be found, not an area to plan your future unless of course you lived in less. As long as you mind your own business and are friendly without being fearful your fine here. The people here that have problems are those that get involved with things they shouldnt do in the first place. In other words, if your into drugs, gangs, and violence you might get shot and killed here from those dabling in the same. If your clean and are stopping here to move on to your next place youll be fine. Dont be quick to judge. We all have to start somewhere. with our economy, this is one of the better places to be when you have near nothing to live on.
So true. When I first came to Phoenix I lived in a rundown motel on East Van Buren where the hookers were working. It was kind of nice to have the ladies greet me after I came from work though. I also lived in South Phoenix for a time. I survived all this without a single incident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 09:34 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,764,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catskids View Post
this is a low income area. People that live in this area get good deals renting these townhomes. this used to be public housing but is not anymore. there is security here and hoa. Still, this area is a place to stop until better income can be found, not an area to plan your future unless of course you lived in less. As long as you mind your own business and are friendly without being fearful your fine here. The people here that have problems are those that get involved with things they shouldnt do in the first place. In other words, if your into drugs, gangs, and violence you might get shot and killed here from those dabling in the same. If your clean and are stopping here to move on to your next place youll be fine. Dont be quick to judge. We all have to start somewhere. with our economy, this is one of the better places to be when you have near nothing to live on.
Im not a fan of zombie threads being bumped on one post and runs, but I'll bite anyway. Sure you may live in Cotton Center and it may not be as bad as it was in the 90's until they find the huge whole in the ground and built an industrial park and some fast food joint. But even today Cotton Center is no joke it's still full of gangbangers, drug dealers, and violence. There was a murder there a couple weeks ago. Hell even Leno's mini-mart right there is one of the few places in the valley you can see drug dealers hanging outside and selling drugs to cars passing thru. Don't forget the Phoenix PD overtime scam there that lead to police corruption and the murder of that cop probably by one of his own to cover it up.

Like I posted earlier in this thread any naive enough to live there gets what the deserve.

Old 06-08-2012, 01:30 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,408,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoAZnative View Post
Im not a fan of zombie threads being bumped on one post and runs, but I'll bite anyway. Sure you may live in Cotton Center and it may not be as bad as it was in the 90's until they find the huge whole in the ground and built an industrial park and some fast food joint. But even today Cotton Center is no joke it's still full of gangbangers, drug dealers, and violence. There was a murder there a couple weeks ago. Hell even Leno's mini-mart right there is one of the few places in the valley you can see drug dealers hanging outside and selling drugs to cars passing thru. [ mod cut- off topic]
Like I posted earlier in this thread any naive enough to live there gets what the deserve.
Bumping threads is permitted here; it's hard to say this was bumped by a one post and run poster at this point.

Opinions vary on this and many other similar neighborhoods. People looking at those areas just have to look at their options, and the available information, and make a decision.

Old 09-09-2012, 11:10 AM

606 posts, read 1,606,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoAZnative View Post
Im not a fan of zombie threads being bumped on one post and runs, but I'll bite anyway. Sure you may live in Cotton Center and it may not be as bad as it was in the 90's until they find the huge whole in the ground and built an industrial park and some fast food joint. But even today Cotton Center is no joke it's still full of gangbangers, drug dealers, and violence. There was a murder there a couple weeks ago. Hell even Leno's mini-mart right there is one of the few places in the valley you can see drug dealers hanging outside and selling drugs to cars passing thru. Don't forget the Phoenix PD overtime scam there that lead to police corruption and the murder of that cop probably by one of his own to cover it up.

I know this is an old thread, so sorry, but I'll drop my 2 cents: This is a gang controlled neighborhood, specifically, it is a Broadway Gangsters subset, as their main territory is between 24th-32nd and Elwood-Roeser. HOWEVER - You could definitely live there and have no issues. I have lived in many different gang neighborhoods, and generally they will not involve themselves with you if you do no involve yourself with them. In fact, it is in their interest to leave you alone as the last thing they want to do is bring extra heat to their hood by messing with civilians.

And on a side note: Although the Phoenix PD overtime scam was based out of the South Mountain Precinct, the actual murder of the police officer occurred in the Arizona State Capitol area, which is about 10 miles from the neighborhood that this thread is discussing.

Old 01-02-2017, 08:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,980 times
Talking Please read

To whom it may concern it has changed very much kids play outside until sunset it very quiet and peaceful its NO LONGER LIKE THE OLD DAYS IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME GO AND SEE

Old 01-02-2017, 08:57 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,408,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shewhoshallnotbename View Post
To whom it may concern it has changed very much kids play outside until sunset it very quiet and peaceful its NO LONGER LIKE THE OLD DAYS IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME GO AND SEE

Since this is your first post, don't be surprised if people don't believe you without checking the crime statistics and other sources.

Old 01-02-2017, 10:26 PM

1,023 posts, read 1,451,135 times
Quote:
Trying to sell your home and get away from Broadway Gangsters I see...

Old 01-03-2017, 07:44 AM

1,484 posts, read 3,139,841 times
I work in the large office complex area (Cotton Center) across Broadway from these places. They still suck. Constantly seeing cops cars in and out of there all day. There are giant signs now that warn that entire area is under video surveillance. Not an area I'd remotely want to live in.

Old 01-03-2017, 08:42 PM
SMG

490 posts, read 1,110,344 times
Quote:
This thread is many years old, not certain you are aware. There are some Hallcraft properties there, four units each. That is probably one of the roughest complexes in Maricopa County. There are some townhouses just east of there that are probably just as bad. Sorry, but I beg to differ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area