Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 04:12 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,695,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
I LIKE the speed cameras. They save lives. The only people who have an issue with these cameras are LIKELY the ones with the SKID MARKS who went over the overpasses. Morons!!!! Hence, my belief, the average IQ here is definitely UNDER 100.
Let everyone speed around 80 to 100 on the 60. When the camera's come up, lets break down to the speed limit and speed back up after. Real enforcement eh..

Even with the cameras there are still accidents daily on the I-10W near downtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2009, 09:55 AM

157 posts, read 453,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post
Where do you get this stuff? I've beaten several tickets in court by pointing out how the cop was wrong, sometimes with photos of the scene and once by just saying, "Your honor, I respectfully disagree with everything he just said." I've twice watched the judge reprimand the cop for not being prepared for court and then tell me to have a nice day. I've never ever gone to court and gotten less than a reduced fine for the effort, often a full dismissal. But hey, if you're willing to hand your money over to the state so easily, I'm sure they'll appreciate it. I make them work for it.
So how many times have you been ticketed? I have never in my life gotten a speeding ticket. I guess you're just one of those persecuted ones, wronged by The Man over and over.

I personally don't mind the cameras but I agree there should be a method of fighting them. You can say how they are mis-calibrated or malfunctioning or whatever, but no one says that when a cop is holding another machine that spits out the speed of passing cars. Either way, a machine is determining your speed. The only difference is you can't play ignorant or flirt with a machine.

The bigger problem is that most drivers are horrible and shouldn't be allowed on the roads to begin with.

Old 05-10-2009, 05:09 AM

23 posts, read 119,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripper76 View Post
So how many times have you been ticketed? I have never in my life gotten a speeding ticket. I guess you're just one of those persecuted ones, wronged by The Man over and over.

I personally don't mind the cameras but I agree there should be a method of fighting them. You can say how they are mis-calibrated or malfunctioning or whatever, but no one says that when a cop is holding another machine that spits out the speed of passing cars. Either way, a machine is determining your speed. The only difference is you can't play ignorant or flirt with a machine.

The bigger problem is that most drivers are horrible and shouldn't be allowed on the roads to begin with.
Just going by how many drivers we all encounter daily, I'd say most drivers are fair to good. But it's the horrible ones you really notice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area