Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 02:35 PM

1 posts, read 5,748 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I am looking at purchasing a new home in the Norterra neighborhood and I would love some feedback from anyone who lives in that area or knows about it.

I am looking at the Richmond America homes as well as the Del Webb community. I know there is a transfer station up there and that is one of my concerns as far as any unwanted smell or order that it might cause. Also, I know that there is a correctional facility on the west side of the I17. How will these things effect the value of the home and the overall quality of the neighborhood?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2008, 02:55 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,162,378 times
Do a search on this forum for some of your answers of this area, it's been asked before.

I live a mile west of there and it's a great area. The dump is being converted to a nice big park and the smell isn't bad, only sometimes when you drive right by it. The kid prison isn't bad and you will just drive by it without any thoughts. The surrounding shopping is what people like about the area.

Old 04-24-2008, 03:06 PM

477 posts, read 1,583,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sablebaby View Post
Do a search on this forum for some of your answers of this area, it's been asked before.

I live a mile west of there and it's a great area. The dump is being converted to a nice big park and the smell isn't bad, only sometimes when you drive right by it. The kid prison isn't bad and you will just drive by it without any thoughts. The surrounding shopping is what people like about the area.
I agree. It hasn't stopped all the recent developement, and between that and the airport, I haven't experienced any issues. I think this area will only get better and better!

Old 04-24-2008, 03:10 PM

3,819 posts, read 11,938,126 times
It's a great area. As was mentioned, the dump has actually been closed down and is being converted, I've actually never noticed any smell while driving by or in the area.
The correctional place is a juvenile facility and having lived in the area since 1992, I've never heard of an incident.

The traffic is a little crazy, almost any time of day, from Happy Valley to the 101 (about 4 miles) but they are working on widening the highway from 2 to 4 lanes in each direction and should be done by the end of 2009 so that will fix that problem.

There is a lot of shopping that has been very recently built...multiple restaurants (PF Changs, Sauce, Johnny Rockets, Ah-So, Olive Garden, and many others) plus shopping and a brand new Harkins Theatres, the first all digital theatre in Arizona.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:37 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,080,405 times
Don't forget the Super Wal Mart....and the real funky roundabouts.

Quite comical, yet dangerous watching folks navigate 'em.

Oh well.

They'll learn......

Old 04-24-2008, 10:18 PM

477 posts, read 1,583,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
It's a great area. As was mentioned, the dump has actually been closed down and is being converted, I've actually never noticed any smell while driving by or in the area.
The correctional place is a juvenile facility and having lived in the area since 1992, I've never heard of an incident.

The traffic is a little crazy, almost any time of day, from Happy Valley to the 101 (about 4 miles) but they are working on widening the highway from 2 to 4 lanes in each direction and should be done by the end of 2009 so that will fix that problem.

There is a lot of shopping that has been very recently built...multiple restaurants (PF Changs, Sauce, Johnny Rockets, Ah-So, Olive Garden, and many others) plus shopping and a brand new Harkins Theatres, the first all digital theatre in Arizona.

AHHHH-SOOOO....I LOVE IT!!!

Old 05-10-2008, 08:37 PM

14 posts, read 71,390 times
I work in that neighborhood. It is very congested around the normal business hour traffic times. I know USAA owns most of the land on Norterra Pkwy and is planning on expanding it to be about 6 buildings big compared to the three it has now. There will definately be major construction in that area over the next 5 -10 years. I don't notice any particular smell there yet. I avoid Happy Valley like the plague because no one knows how to drive the roundabouts. It is a headache in the 8 -5 traffic race.

Old 05-14-2008, 01:37 AM

19 posts, read 62,161 times
Excellent area, growing and relatively upscale. Look at Sonoran Foothills. Nice community activities and well managed association. For investment I'd go Sonoran Foothills or Fireside. Both are comprehensive communities that will hold their value better than single developer neighborhoods. Quite a bit a new business on the books to come in to the area in the next 5 years. USAA now has 5000 employees and will double in upcoming years bringing more people and more money to the area. Biggest problem is airport traffic. It's still fairly high over the neighborhood - but it is definately there.

Old 05-14-2008, 03:23 PM

849 posts, read 1,952,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azresident View Post
I work in that neighborhood. It is very congested around the normal business hour traffic times. I know USAA owns most of the land on Norterra Pkwy and is planning on expanding it to be about 6 buildings big compared to the three it has now. There will definately be major construction in that area over the next 5 -10 years. I don't notice any particular smell there yet. I avoid Happy Valley like the plague because no one knows how to drive the roundabouts. It is a headache in the 8 -5 traffic race.
Yeah, I am not crazy about the roundabouts!

Old 05-14-2008, 07:02 PM

157 posts, read 453,202 times
I live and work around there. I never use the roundabouts. Just use 19th Ave, 35th Ave and 23rd Ave. Stay outta the roundabout.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area