Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2008, 04:24 PM

128 posts, read 447,041 times

Advertisements

Hey All,

We're looking at houses in the Happy Valley Rd. / 19th Ave region and I was curious what you guys think of that area. The specific region is between Jomax Rd. and Norterra Pkwy (I believe it's 85085).

I work at I-17 and Northern by the way. Also, how is the traffic on I-17 if I leave home (from the region above) at 9AM and drive back at 5:30PM or 6:00PM?

Thanks

Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2008, 04:43 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,164,624 times
That area is pretty nice. There are a lot of things being built on Happy Valley right now, so it's pretty busy, but not terrible.

I live two miles west of there on HV and leave for work at 8:40a. I never take the freeway except for Fridays when it's light. You can take 19th ave all the way down to Northern. I used to take 35th ave to Northern and then over to central or 7th st. I now have been taking HV to 7th st and all the way down.

You're looking at 30 mins or less, if you don't take the freeway (don't know what it would be if you did take it). It's all backed up at HV when I leave and even at 9am.

Coming home will be busy, especially the closer to home you get. If you stay off the freeway I think you will get home quicker.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:49 PM

128 posts, read 447,041 times
Thank you for the prompt reply Sablebaby,

Do you live around that area? What do you dislike there? And what do you like the most?

What is the average lot size for a 3br/2bth house in that area?

Thanks

Mike

Old 04-07-2008, 09:11 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,164,624 times
I live 2 miles west of Norterra. I like the area a lot. Probably the only thing I dislike is the traffic on the freeway at different times of the day and weekend. Sometimes it's hard to know if it's backed up until you get there, but even still it's only until you hit the 101 (at least southbound on the weekend).

The nice things are that it's a beautiful area. The shopping is nice and getting nicer (almost a desert ridge feel). It's in the north valley and not too far west.

I don't know for sure about average lot sizes, but I'd guess they are the same as anywhere else in the valley. They like to cram them in up here too.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:35 PM

43 posts, read 156,224 times
That area is nice, lots of new growth. Have you checked out Stetson Valley about 4 miles to the West? SV is very nice and nestled in some hills. Let me know if you have any specific questions. There are also ways to avoid most of the I-17 from Stetson Valley to where you are going.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:07 AM

96 posts, read 441,850 times
I live in that area - just a little farther northwest. I've been there for almost 3 years now, and I like the area. It has grown like crazy, and I'm sure it will continue to do so. I agree with Sablebaby in regards to I-17 traffic. I used to drive down to 12th St. & Bethany Home Rd. I would typically take 7th St. all the way down because even with the traffic lights, it felt like traffic moved more than on the 17. Even then, I could never perfectly time the drive. Most mornings it took me 35-40 minutes. Other mornings it was 45-50 minutes, and once it took me an hour and 5 minutes. Your drive won't be quite so far, so it shouldn't be too long of a commute.
Now I work in Anthem and have a quick 15 minute drive that is much better for my stress level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area