Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 12:21 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,595,104 times

Advertisements

Have you ever tried to get something " Out of your mind?" Have you ever had a bad habit that just seems to always get the best of you, even though you fight it? Have you been in a particular group for years, and decided to leave; and you left! And yet, so many things you learned in that group, you find is just still in you and willnot leave your consciousness. And you want those things out. Or you may have a particular " Mindset", that you got from just " Being in Love with someone"; now the relationship is over and you want to rid yourself of " Their imprint on your ways of being."

Well its just time to " Deprogram yourself."

And Deprograming the Consciousness is a very real dynamic, when you want to " Cleanse the Self." You got all deeply in Love with the wrong person, and you just want them " out of Your System." You just want to forget.

Can the Consciousness be wiped clean of things?

You were in a Religion; you learned all kinds of things, for years. Now you want out; and you leave. But you soon discover that this religion got " All in your Bones", became a part of you. What do you do to divorce the Consciousness from it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 12:30 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,833,500 times
Wanna know the cure for stubborn "religion in your bones" problems?

Education, and coincidentally enough, cultural deprgramming.

Letting go of religious institutions brings an amazing feeling of freedom and happiness!

Old 09-09-2011, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Wanna know the cure for stubborn "religion in your bones" problems?

Education, and coincidentally enough, cultural deprgramming.

Letting go of religious institutions brings an amazing feeling of freedom and happiness!

I think education is defintely part of Deprograming, but what if the education you pick, is just another type of bondage? Are you then really free?

The internal dynamics of " Deprograming" are of intrest. Because the Consciousness can be so " Habitual", it eaisly latches on to things. Can you rip those things off in a violent effort to be free? How do you get a thinking mind, not to think about things?

There is a mental magnet that pulls human nature to so many things, which we later discover are not good for us. How do you resist such pull? It would seem if a company could bottle " Deprograming the mind", it would make millions; instant freedom in a bottle!

Because so many people are in conscious bondage to some incredible things.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:37 PM

In this thread, I am interested in how others deprogramed themselves from things. I wanted to go into deprograming, what it is, does it work? And I mean from anything that you did it from. I rarely ask for such information, but I am curious about it. I already know I will learn from this. I have had to deprogram myself from so many things, using so many ways.

When you want to " Kill a life in your mind", or get rid of something; One way that works is to give it another life, to continue on. Something to think for, something to live for, something to value. Something to water, something to hold on too, as you break loose from the " Unwanted."

There are strengths and weaknesses in whatever manner you deprogram; but it can be a valuable skill; to know how to get away from something.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:49 PM

You can't separate the observer from the observable universe. Everything the human mind takes in is a belief; some beliefs are just more easily agreed upon by observers than others. The majority belief could still be wrong.

That said... and having no other choice, we must still try to make sense of the world around us.

At this point in human civilization, science makes the most sense. Different scientific disciplines actually dovetail together independently to make a coherent story of the whole; different religions.. well you know what happens there.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
You can't separate the observer from the observable universe. Everything the human mind takes in is a belief; some beliefs are just more easily agreed upon by observers than others. The majority belief could still be wrong.

That said... and having no other choice, we must still try to make sense of the world around us.

At this point in human civilization, science makes the most sense. Different scientific disciplines actually dovetail together independently to make a coherent story of the whole; different religions.. well you know what happens there.

Well yes, but I don't see science as something that a person would need to deprogram from, its much more positive than negative. Perhaps science can be a source of deprograming; but nothing I see needing deprograming from. I have never heard of a science fanatic.

Being that everything the human mind takes in is a belief, which I agree with; My question is how do we rid ourselves of those beliefs that we no longer agree with?

Surprisingly, many don't know how to deprogram. In not only religion, but romance, greed, habits and so on.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
My question is how do we rid ourselves of those beliefs that we no longer agree with?

Surprisingly, many don't know how to deprogram. In not only religion, but romance, greed, habits and so on.
You don't get rid of them... you just stop letting them factor in on the decisions you make.

It's like I tell my son when he's scared. Brave people still get scared, the difference is all in how they deal with the fear.

Someone can choose to do the right thing because they fear punishment from god or the Man, but they can also choose to do the right thing because it's the right thing to do...

Old 09-09-2011, 02:33 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,549,412 times
The major hurdle for those so afflicted is the fear programming they have been victimized by.

Irrational fear is the root emotion to keep the flock behaving like sheep. To never look at alternatives, to never question for those have been clearly viewed as sin, and sin results in consequences of eternal torment to reinforce the whole cycle.

So off to the shearing shack they go, mindless followers too afraid to even question much less challenge what they have been taught.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:44 PM

591 posts, read 642,084 times
Quote:
Have you ever tried to get something " Out of your mind?" Have you ever had a bad habit that just seems to always get the best of you, even though you fight it? Have you been in a particular group for years, and decided to leave; and you left! And yet, so many things you learned in that group, you find is just still in you and willnot leave your consciousness. And you want those things out. Or you may have a particular " Mindset", that you got from just " Being in Love with someone"; now the relationship is over and you want to rid yourself of " Their imprint on your ways of being."

Well its just time to " Deprogram yourself."

And Deprograming the Consciousness is a very real dynamic, when you want to " Cleanse the Self." You got all deeply in Love with the wrong person, and you just want them " out of Your System." You just want to forget.

Can the Consciousness be wiped clean of things?

You were in a Religion; you learned all kinds of things, for years. Now you want out; and you leave. But you soon discover that this religion got " All in your Bones", became a part of you. What do you do to divorce the Consciousness from it?

By absorbing the deity of Jesus Christ. THrough spiritual death and rebirth. Any kind of death (spiritual or otherwise) is the oppertunity for enlightenment and Liberation from sin, and a full shedding of skin. You can think of a mourning period as an in-between, or a death-to-life experience. Christ's documented in-between was a 3 day in-between. The Tebetan Book Of The Dead makes it clear that mourning periods, or in-between periods can vary in length. Each death-to-life experience is unique. You can think of the withdrawls of quitting cigatettes as an in-between. You are whole as a smoker- you quit and experience the in-between period, harsh, even nightmarish withdrawls. Then, after a while you are a whole nother person on the other side, who can't even fathom how you could ever smoke the stuff. You are who you were, you entered the harsh in-between, and you come out reborn into a different and better person on the other side. You have compassion of God through Jesus and Buddha through any and all harsh changes.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:50 PM

591 posts, read 642,084 times
Quote:
Well yes, but I don't see science as something that a person would need to deprogram from, its much more positive than negative. Perhaps science can be a source of deprograming; but nothing I see needing deprograming from. I have never heard of a science fanatic.

Being that everything the human mind takes in is a belief, which I agree with; My question is how do we rid ourselves of those beliefs that we no longer agree with?

A Buddha knows to stay unfettered to things, and to stay close to a selfless self so that he/she can easily adapt and be at peace through any change. It's the same as keeping Jesus near to your heart which means you can let go of your own identity and enter a spiritual death in total peace. It is a very deep spiritual phenomenon to give your soul as a personal sacrifice to God. When the in-between becomes harsh, you can go to Jesus and be at one with him on the cross and feel peace and calm. An intense mourning-like death can come over you, only it can feel extremely peaceful, as it is a place where there are no attachments to self, or anything else, while in this state of mind, according the TTBOTD, being in the in-between renders you many more times clarvoyant and open to the spirit. The in-between, or the deity of Christ, is something God wants us all to absorb and embrace.

Last edited by Ball Pean; 09-09-2011 at 04:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy