Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2021, 01:26 PM

1,036 posts, read 458,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPK21 View Post
So far I haven't heard that Philly is, unlike several large blue cities, on high alert for this Rittenhouse verdict in WI. Cities like Portland, Chicago, Minneapolis, and DC have their respective police departments on high-alert, including 500 WI National Guardsman for Kenosha, WI currently on standby.
The left and then candidate, now President, Zhoe Biden called the defendant a ''white supremacist''.

In another example of the continued fallout from the irresponsible 2020 Presidential Campaign, Philly, as of 11/14, has 482 homicides. At the rate Philly is going, it could see a record homicide number by the end of this month which would be 501....and all of December to go.
Haven't heard much local reaction to this Rittenhouse verdict other than a few local black activists, pols, and other assorted race baiters claiming the usual white privilege, systemic racism, ''lot more work to do'' type of things....even though a white dude killed 2 white males, one a convicted pedophile, the other a domestic abuser, at a ''black'' protest in Kenosha WI. The rap sheets of course are not allowed to be discussed.

These folks actually think white supremacy violence is the biggest threat to the black community...with an occasional mention of ''brown people'' now that the white supremacy Asian hate crime wave is no longer on the table for obvious reasons. The race card, racial divisions, and racial injustice must always be played because these people and various entities sucking in tax $$ need to sustain themselves and have a reason to exist...too much $$ to make in the race business. President Zhoe Biden stated he accepts the verdict but is angry about it; what else could he say since he's the accuser in chief that Rittenhouse is a white supremacist...lol. Zhoe plays along with the white supremacist violence sweeping the country narrative since he ran his campaign on it...lol...maybe he forgot since he first accepted the verdict, then later had to add his ''anger'' about it..lol.

Wonder how much this white supremacy violence schtick will play out, especially in places like Philly, where black males are killing each other at records levels; it's more than odd that we don't here about the white supremacists anti-black violence campaign here in Philly or anywhere for that matter.

Looks like there was trouble in, of course, lily white Portland, center of the BLM movement...LOL. I guess these middle aged white people are compelled to speak out and destroy property again to combat the scourge of white supremacy violence.

I'm sure the black communities across the country will rest easy knowing these patronizing racist white people in Portland have their backs and will fix their lives, communities, and white supremacy violence as they rage around in their white city, in their white state, in their white region of the country. They certainly took care of the police terrorizing black communities in other cities (cuz there ain't a black community in Portland let alone in the PNW) as we see the results today.

Last edited by MPK21; 11-20-2021 at 02:29 PM..

Old 11-20-2021, 01:49 PM

113 posts, read 227,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus215 View Post
Yes the murder rate in NYC increased almost 50% from 2019 to 2020. That is a statistical fact, and people in NYC were sick of the crime and lawlessness that was permitted to occur under DeBlasio. Normal people don’t want to live in anarchy, and even the progressives in NYC got sick of it. Now, you can call people names like a good little liberal, but it’s people like you who are permitting Philly and other cities across the country to revert back to the 1970s.
It did in every city as did the flow of pipeline and ghost guns. Wouldn't call myself a 'liberal', I've had some proximity to civil administration and I know more than you.

Old 11-20-2021, 08:38 PM

1,339 posts, read 2,499,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldblooded36 View Post
It did in every city as did the flow of pipeline and ghost guns. Wouldn't call myself a 'liberal', I've had some proximity to civil administration and I know more than you.
And virtually every major city is controlled by progressive liberals. It’s no coincidence.

Old 11-20-2021, 10:38 PM

1,171 posts, read 607,344 times
Quote:
And virtually every major city is controlled by progressive liberals. It’s no coincidence.
That is not true. It has never been true. Off the top of my head, Miami and Ft Worth are both have non partisan but conservative mayors.

Old 11-21-2021, 04:14 AM

4,045 posts, read 4,461,094 times
Quote:
Still better than the alternative...we see how conservative governors handle things(free for all)

Old 11-21-2021, 05:27 AM

14,397 posts, read 9,315,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweb66 View Post
That is not true. It has never been true. Off the top of my head, Miami and Ft Worth are both have non partisan but conservative mayors.
Both of Oklahoma's largest cities, Oklahoma City and Tulsa, also have Republican mayors.

Indianapolis also has a tradition of putting Republicans in charge of city hall, though the current mayor is a Democrat and the Wikipedia article on the city says its Republican machine lost power in the 2000s.

Old 11-21-2021, 10:46 AM

1,036 posts, read 458,293 times
Yet another Asian hate crime over the weekend...the food delivery male who shot and killed one robber and injured another early Saturday a.m. was Chinese; the man was targeted by three thugs who waited for him but he was, fortunately, able to turn the tables on them when he produced his own gun and took care of business. Upon returning home to bring food to his family, the driver told these armed robbers his money was in his vehicle...they went to the car... and showtime started when the driver produced his gun from the car.

The manufactured Asian hate crime wave earlier this year was simply the media focusing to on what the Asian communities in the U.S. deal with on a daily basis in an attempt to create racial divisions between the Asian and white communities...total fail.

Another example of a member of a minority immigrant group set upon by American born young men who think they own ''being oppressed'' violently going after a man who escaped from the most repressive, controlling, and deadly regimes in history...and the Chinese education system focuses on the oppression of the black community in the U.S. as its example of the evils of capitalism, kind of like what the U.S. education system has been doing recently as well though.

Last edited by MPK21; 11-21-2021 at 11:20 AM..

Old 11-21-2021, 03:44 PM

2,248 posts, read 1,153,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
Still better than the alternative...we see how conservative governors handle things(free for all)
Whenever they throw out how dems ruined Philly, I show them Chester which was under constant republican "rule" up until 2012 and they shut up. The party of "law and order' voted the most dangerous city. Lol.
Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site

Last edited by Yac; 11-23-2021 at 10:51 PM..

Old 11-21-2021, 04:24 PM

7,319 posts, read 10,692,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshbyQuin View Post
Whenever they throw out how dems ruined Philly, I show them Chester which was under constant republican "rule" up until 2012 and they shut up. The party of "law and order' voted the most dangerous city. Lol.
Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site
This notion that Republican-controlled areas are these pristine, crime-free utopias has always been false and just plain asinine.

At a broader level, if you look at Democratic/blue versus Republican/red states, if anything, you see a greater correlation between higher-crime states and likelihood of voting Republican:

https://worldpopulationreview.com/st...ngerous-states

At the end of the day, people put WAY too much emphasis on politics to explain every single aspect of our society.

Crime at its core is a function of the degree of economic deparation and civic cohesion (or lack thereof). Whether a municipal leader has a "D" or an "R" in front of their name has never, it and of itself, enabled those conditions for any city.

Last edited by Yac; 11-23-2021 at 10:51 PM..

Old 11-21-2021, 04:43 PM

2,248 posts, read 1,153,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderino View Post
This notion that Republican-controlled areas these pristine, crime-free utopias has always been false and just plain asinine.

At a broader level, if you look at Democratic/blue versus Republican/red states, if anything, you see a greater correlation between higher-crime states and likelihood of voting Republican:

https://worldpopulationreview.com/st...ngerous-states

At the end of the day, people put WAY too much emphasis on politics to explain every single aspect of our society.

Crime at its core is a function of the degree of economic deparation and civic cohesion (or lack thereof). Whether a municipal leader has a "D" or an "R" in front of their name has never, it and if itself, enabled those conditions for any city.
You're the voice of reason (and sanity). I wish I could upvote this post if I didn't have to "spread some reputation around"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia