Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2021, 04:55 AM

1,465 posts, read 629,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
Someone told me about a video -- which he said was real. He was showing it to a coworker.
Of a white person in his car with a gun in his lap -- arguing with the police....telling them about his 2nd amendment rights. Cops argued with him for minutes, he argued back about how he wasn't getting out -- and he said in fact...I'm driving off. And he did.

Now how did he manage to not get shot?
How did a white mass shooter recently manage to not get shot?

Black people in their own homes and garages get shot. But white males who argue and don't comply....-- AND storm the capital of the country -- somehow THEY're not shot. (ONE person was out of all those people...ONE person shot. Cops were RUNNING from the crowd!

So don't talk to me about complying and not arguing with the police. A black person moves to comply -- and they get shot while they're doing what the frigging cops told them to do.

Is someone really going to argue that blacks shouldn't have a fear of police? Really?

Let's stick to trim in Philly, please.
More white people get shot by the police than black people.

The media doesn't get excited about it, though.

You do realize that cops aren't all the same, right? You know the best way to not get shot by some trigger-happy cop? Don't break the law. Or do you think that's too difficult for black people to understand? Plenty of black people out there who don't have interaction with the police ...

Old 04-18-2021, 05:20 AM

10,645 posts, read 12,241,806 times
Until the neighbor calls the police because your garage door is open at 2 AM ... because you worked a 12 hour shift and you just forgot to close your the police because your door is ajar and a cop walks around the back of your house and shoots through the window... And it turns out it was you in your own house....But it could’ve just as easily been your young grandson who is in there.... or they tell you to wait for your wallet you go to do exactly what they told you to do… And you get a shot for moving.

Old 04-18-2021, 05:24 AM

10,645 posts, read 12,241,806 times
Everyone please look at the video “wild nutcase threatens to shoot cop” I saw it on TMZ. I will presume it is real video of a real event that happened not a spoof or set up that didn’t really happen… Unless there’s proof otherwise.

It’s late at night very dark, you can barely see, the man has a gun in his lap and is arguing with police… And threatens to shoot the officer, yet he manages to keep arguing tells them he’s going to drive away and they let him do it…

Find that video online and tell me you think that could’ve ever happened if that person arguing with the police…

Who threatened to shoot the officer!… Could’ve ever driven off and not being shot or at least shot at if he were a black man?!

I’m gonna get back on topic to crime in Philadelphia now

Old 04-18-2021, 05:35 AM

20,357 posts, read 9,226,346 times
odd isn't it? Those that don't struggle when being placed under arrest don't get shot.....

Old 04-18-2021, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Everyone please look at the video “wild nutcase threatens to shoot cop” I saw it on TMZ. I will presume it is real video of a real event that happened not a spoof or set up that didn’t really happen… Unless there’s proof otherwise.

It’s late at night very dark, you can barely see, the man has a gun in his lap and is arguing with police… And threatens to shoot the officer, yet he manages to keep arguing tells them he’s going to drive away and they let him do it…

Find that video online and tell me you think that could’ve ever happened if that person arguing with the police…

Who threatened to shoot the officer!… Could’ve ever driven off and not being shot or at least shot at if he were a black man?!

I’m gonna get back on topic to crime in Philadelphia now

Look at the statistics about police shootings and race.

Last edited by Hedonism; 04-18-2021 at 07:14 AM..

Old 04-18-2021, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Until the neighbor calls the police because your garage door is open at 2 AM ... because you worked a 12 hour shift and you just forgot to close your the police because your door is ajar and a cop walks around the back of your house and shoots through the window... And it turns out it was you in your own house....But it could’ve just as easily been your young grandson who is in there.... or they tell you to wait for your wallet you go to do exactly what they told you to do… And you get a shot for moving.
How about the white woman who got shot by the police in Minnesota? All she did was CALL the cops about a potential rape.

Old 04-18-2021, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
odd isn't it? Those that don't struggle when being placed under arrest don't get shot.....
Doncha know - they were all saints? Ever see the halo the MSM puts around floyd's head? lol

Old 04-18-2021, 08:18 AM

At least we're trying this time -

https://6abc.com/pa-national-guard-a...math/10519754/

From the story -

"Action News spoke with Jayden Hawkins, who said he threw a brick through the window of Nomo Foundation in North Philadelphia during the protests around the death of Walter Wallace Junior, thinking it was a sneaker shop he was looting.

"If I had known that it was a black-owned business, I would never do that a day in my life," said Hawkins, from South Philadelphia. "We need more organizations like this, and it's designed to help me and people that look just like me. If I had the knowledge of that before I would have never thrown a brick through the window."

This racist piece of garbage should be locked up ASAP.

Old 04-18-2021, 10:33 AM

9,443 posts, read 9,459,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedonism View Post
At least we're trying this time -

https://6abc.com/pa-national-guard-a...math/10519754/

From the story -

"Action News spoke with Jayden Hawkins, who said he threw a brick through the window of Nomo Foundation in North Philadelphia during the protests around the death of Walter Wallace Junior, thinking it was a sneaker shop he was looting.

"If I had known that it was a black-owned business, I would never do that a day in my life," said Hawkins, from South Philadelphia. "We need more organizations like this, and it's designed to help me and people that look just like me. If I had the knowledge of that before I would have never thrown a brick through the window."

This racist piece of garbage should be locked up ASAP.
Wow at the the guy who broke the window... Was that guy arrested? Or roaming the streets free of punishment?...

And if we have another situation from last May then I may switch my registration, lol. (making light of a not funny situation). But seriously, sad that communities have to deal with this again, ZERO excuse for what we saw last May, I don't care how wrong the cop was. But I am glad the city and state are prepared this time around.

Of course in a Philadelphia development Facebook group people are ripping into the National Guard being called... because May went so well without them. Yet if the National Guard didn't show up and mayhem broke out, these same far left kooks would blame the Police, the City, etc., Its unbelievable.

The young woman in the video at 1:12 had words of wisdom... "there was no reason to tear up peoples businesses that they work hard for..." Simple as that.

Last edited by cpomp; 04-18-2021 at 10:43 AM..

Old 04-18-2021, 12:29 PM

14,381 posts, read 9,295,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Wow at the the guy who broke the window... Was that guy arrested? Or roaming the streets free of punishment?...

And if we have another situation from last May then I may switch my registration, lol. (making light of a not funny situation). But seriously, sad that communities have to deal with this again, ZERO excuse for what we saw last May, I don't care how wrong the cop was. But I am glad the city and state are prepared this time around.

Of course in a Philadelphia development Facebook group people are ripping into the National Guard being called... because May went so well without them. Yet if the National Guard didn't show up and mayhem broke out, these same far left kooks would blame the Police, the City, etc., Its unbelievable.

The young woman in the video at 1:12 had words of wisdom... "there was no reason to tear up peoples businesses that they work hard for..." Simple as that.
One of the things that sticks in my mind from last Memorial Day weekend was a conversation I had with a private security guard who knew me in the parking lot of the Park West Shopping Center the day before Jeff Brown's ShopRite supermarket reopened, one week and one day after looters had trashed it.

The guy told me that on the night of the trashing, owners of several other shops in the center, who could see the looting taking place because their stores were in a building that faces the supermarket from across the center's parking lot, were frantically calling the 19th Police District, wondering when the cops would show up. It seems that all the cops who would otherwise have been patrolling the district had been called to Center City to deal with the demonstrators and looting attempts there.

As a result, the looters had the run of the store for two hours.

The other was what happened the Monday after the lootings, when I went over to the Rite Aid drugstore in the Shoppes at La Salle to withdraw money from the TD Bank ATM located inside it. (I hate paying ATM fees. Since I bank at TD, this way I could avoid them.)

When I saw the wheelchair smack in the middle of the entrance, I knew something had gone wrong. And the middle-aged woman who came up beside me as I was taking in the damage did too.

You can read what she had to say in this essay I wrote for Phillymag that day. You can also read the conclusion I reached about the different forms of mayhem that ensued in the wake of George Floyd's murder. That essay got me an appearance on CBS3 Eyewitness News at 4 the following Wednesday.

I still stand by what I wrote even as I acknowledge that violent protest is usually counterproductive. Poke a bull with a stick often enough and the bull will eventually go after you with its horns. Most of the riots we've had in the course of this past century are that type of reaction: "We've tried peacefully voicing our grievances, and still we get no redress. Well, enough of that."

BTW, and by contrast: You can see the picture I took of the ransacked drugstore at the beginning of that essay. The store remained closed for nine months (except for its drive-up pharmacy) afterwards. It reopened in February with a minor makeover: it didn't change the interior decor, but it did install new signage consistent with Rite Aid's new logo and branding on the outside, and on the inside, it rearranged the location of the checkouts and aisles so that the registers no longer took up space next to the store's windows.

And I'm happy that the TD Bank ATM also returned. (The bank had removed ATMs from some stores up this way after the last weekend in May, probably in response to reports of people attempting to blow up freestanding ATMs at stores across the city.)

But I still contrast the long closure of this store with the one-week closure of that ShopRite. (The Fresh Grocer supermarket in the same shopping center had sufficient defenses in place to thwart attempts to break into it. It reopened the Wednesday following the rioting and looting. I for one was pleased to see the National Guard patrolling the shopping center starting that Monday night. I'm surprised no one saw the possibility of serious rioting happening after Floyd's death. Apparently, some lessons have been learned since then
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia