Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2017, 09:33 AM

9,377 posts, read 9,319,932 times

Advertisements

Oliver H. Bair Funeral Home is a Pile of Rubble | Naked Philly

I sure hope this is starting soon! One of the most exciting new projects in the city now that Comcast is wrapping up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2017, 10:44 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,749,363 times
That's a fabulous plan!

In the meantime the Penn Station/ Madison Sq Garden area on 8th Ave in NYC looks pretty meh right now. Will the conversion of the old Post Office to the new Penn Station be completed? I wonder about it.

Old 07-12-2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Oliver H. Bair Funeral Home is a Pile of Rubble | Naked Philly

I sure hope this is starting soon! One of the most exciting new projects in the city now that Comcast is wrapping up.
Is the new Comcasr building even topped off yet? So there's still a lot to finish with it.

But, yeah, I agree. Really looking forward to this.

Btw, CCP is going to build dorms near 15th and Callowhill.

Old 07-12-2017, 11:57 AM

377 posts, read 474,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
That's a fabulous plan!

In the meantime the Penn Station/ Madison Sq Garden area on 8th Ave in NYC looks pretty meh right now. Will the conversion of the old Post Office to the new Penn Station be completed? I wonder about it.
That 33rd street pedestrian area is one of the most half-assed things ever. But at least there aren't cars flying down there anymore.

I've stopped following the Penn Station/Amtrak/NJT plans as closely now that I'm not commuting every day (thank god), so I'm not sure what the latest plan is but whether it's the post office or something else I am confident a project will happen that includes additional rail tunnels. The problem has become too severe and too high profile at this point.

Old 07-12-2017, 11:59 AM

377 posts, read 474,330 times
Quote:
Is the new Comcasr building even topped off yet? So there's still a lot to finish with it.

But, yeah, I agree. Really looking forward to this.

Btw, CCP is going to build dorms near 15th and Callowhill.
The coolest part of the new Comcast tower is the top - excited to see that come together.

Old 07-13-2017, 09:18 AM

9,377 posts, read 9,319,932 times
Why losing Little Pete's diner is good for Philadelphia

The negative comments are amazing. Going back to past discussions, its almost like people hate to see Philadelphia improve.

Old 07-13-2017, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Why losing Little Pete's diner is good for Philadelphia

The negative comments are amazing. Going back to past discussions, its almost like people hate to see Philadelphia improve.
Why read the comments? lol Always lots of trolling... And nothing said will stop anything happening with this project.

Anyhow hell must be freezing over because I'm agreeing with Inga again.

Old 07-14-2017, 10:24 AM

288 posts, read 244,615 times
Has anyone read the bs coming out of this guy's mouth?

PlanPhilly | Clarke Park: Council President wants builders to make more space for cars

"“In all honesty, I’ve been around longer than most people over there,” said Clarke, when asked if the Planning Commission helped write the bill."

This is the problem. It's 2017. Work on building more jobs IN Philly so that so many people do not have to drive OUT of Philly for work.

Old 07-14-2017, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK_PHL_DEL View Post
Has anyone read the bs coming out of this guy's mouth?

PlanPhilly | Clarke Park: Council President wants builders to make more space for cars

"“In all honesty, I’ve been around longer than most people over there,” said Clarke, when asked if the Planning Commission helped write the bill."

This is the problem. It's 2017. Work on building more jobs IN Philly so that so many people do not have to drive OUT of Philly for work.
No kidding, that's the problem. Him totally not understanding what progressive ideas really are about and helping to implement them.

Here's the other problem. Millennials and younger Gen Xers who are more inclined to march/protest than run for office to challenge dinosaurs like Clarke.

Old 07-14-2017, 02:31 PM

288 posts, read 244,615 times
Quote:
No kidding, that's the problem. Him totally not understanding what progressive ideas really are about and helping to implement them.

Here's the other problem. Millennials and younger Gen Xers who are more inclined to march/protest than run for office to challenge dinosaurs like Clarke.
I was also wondering about that - who keeps voting these people in? Who runs against them or can challenge them? I am not into politics at all, especially on the Philly city level, so please excuse my lack of knowledge. I think Helen Gym and Alan Domb are the newest members of council, but is there any young blood coming up the ranks who aren't as corrupt and dumb as the folks in there now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia