Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2017, 07:00 AM

9,381 posts, read 9,349,798 times

Advertisements

Toll Bros. downsizes Jewelers Row condo tower by six floors

I wonder if this anything to do with the market outlook?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2017, 07:25 AM

7,529 posts, read 10,266,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Toll Bros. downsizes Jewelers Row condo tower by six floors

I wonder if this anything to do with the market outlook?
I would guess. They wouldn't give up 6 floors if they thought they could sell it.

Regardless, it's an ugly building in the wrong location.

Old 07-10-2017, 01:58 PM

Independence Mall Rises from the Dead - Philadelphia Magazine

Old 07-10-2017, 03:17 PM

10,787 posts, read 8,767,494 times
Terrific article. And, yeh, about the Visitor's Center expansion. The place was impossible to enter during the 4th.

Logan circle is not cut off from its surroundings. A ridiculous statement. Franklin Sq gets plenty of families and kids which is what it's for.

Old 07-10-2017, 04:34 PM

5,546 posts, read 6,879,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
Logan circle is not cut off from its surroundings. A ridiculous statement. Franklin Sq gets plenty of families and kids which is what it's for.
Eh, I don't disagree with the statement. Both are surrounded by several lanes of aggressive traffic. Sitting in the middle of a traffic circle does not make one feel connected. That's in addition to the fact that the environment beyond the speeding traffic is not nearly as cohesive as Rittenhouse or Washington Square. Even City Hall feels more connected given the PT, offices, and growing residential presence in the immediate vicinity.

Old 07-10-2017, 04:36 PM

I love that Sandy hit on the Bourse. The current configuration is a real embarrassment. An amazing building being used as a lousy food court.

Old 07-10-2017, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA View Post
Eh, I don't disagree with the statement. Both are surrounded by several lanes of aggressive traffic. Sitting in the middle of a traffic circle does not make one feel connected. That's in addition to the fact that the environment beyond the speeding traffic is not nearly as cohesive as Rittenhouse or Washington Square. Even City Hall feels more connected given the PT, offices, and growing residential presence in the immediate vicinity.
Sorry, I disagree about Logan. Having lived a 5 minutes walk away from it for a long time I don't have any of those feelings about it. Besides when the fountain is going full blast it's majestic, imo. There was some talk, though, about making it an actual square again but I haven't read anything about that in a long time.

You know the city could have just left Franklin Sq in abject squalar. I assume you know there is a condo community right next to it.

Old 07-10-2017, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA View Post
I love that Sandy hit on the Bourse. The current configuration is a real embarrassment. An amazing building being used as a lousy food court.
It was a fine indoor, semi- upscale, shopping and restaurant destination, for a while 30+ years ago. In fact there was a YSL boutique inside back in those days. It was not an embarrassment then. Far from it.

Definitely a plus to bring it back to what it should be.

Old 07-11-2017, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
Sorry, I disagree about Logan. Having lived a 5 minutes walk away from it for a long time I don't have any of those feelings about it. Besides when the fountain is going full blast it's majestic, imo. There was some talk, though, about making it an actual square again but I haven't read anything about that in a long time.

You know the city could have just left Franklin Sq in abject squalar. I assume you know there is a condo community right next to it.
That's cool, different opinions. Between the library, the VSE (which is now more capped than before), the large office towers, etc, it's just felt much less cohesive than the other squares to me. You live much closer than me though, so you have more experience there.

Old 07-12-2017, 09:00 AM

Amtrak zeroes in on a 30th St. Station Plaza as district plan progresses
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia