Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 01:54 PM

226 posts, read 761,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawne View Post
How does their ice cream taste in comparison to others in the area - Wendt's, Rita's, Dairy Queen, Lewisburg Freez, Country Creamery (formerly Muddy Udders)?
Well, it tasted good but I did get a strange after taste in my mouth after eating the whole cone.
I went for supper that night and had the shrimp basket. $6.99 got me 6 butterfly shrimp that were quite good and the fries were soggy Looks nice though and I will go back. Nice menu and it is early
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2013, 04:24 PM

2 posts, read 4,409 times
in regards to the twisty freeze, i definitely wont be going there! went in to ask for a menu & the guy was so sarcastic & rude after telling me they had none, even though this is your first day open but whatever, i asked when they thought they would get more in, he proceeded to yell at me "im not hoing back & making you one now"...so i left, called in a few days later to see how much a large pizza was, the girl was like a whole one & i said yes she was like i dont understand what you are asking & i asked again, then she just hung up on me! they need to get a better trained staff unless i was dealing with the owners if they want to make it in the food industry cause with those attitudes they wont get far, i know im not ever gonna go there

Old 07-05-2013, 07:49 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,919,578 times
I've about had it with Weis Markets in Selinsgrove/Shamokin Dam. It irks me that they took out their self checkouts and was told they would have more cashiers working. This, of course, is an outright lie as there is only one cashier working when I go in (sometimes two but very rare). There was four employees standing in front of the one lane that was full with four people and lots of grocery. I finally asked the gaggle if that was the only registrar open and luckily the store manager opened up a lane. I sort of felt bad but I don't' want to wait 20 minutes to buy 2 2-liters of soda when there is no reason for it.

This manager was very nice though. Seemed like a down to earth nice person. I asked if the self check out's would ever return and he said he didn't think so. He seemed to like the idea of the self checkout but I guess the stores have their mind shut and it doesn't sound like we will get them when the new store opens (if it ever does). I'm about ready to take my business to Giant, who I loathe for different reasons, but at least have the option of self check out. I know a ton of other people who have complained about them not having self check out lanes as well.

I'm also not happy that Wal Mart in Shamokin Dam has zero self check out lanes. The one in Lewisburg has 8 of them (and they were packed last time I was there). Thanks to the Weis and Wal Mart in this area for making our shopping very much less enjoyable. Bring back the self check out lanes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-07-2013, 12:49 PM

133 posts, read 317,169 times
Wow, it's been a while since I posted on this thread, but speaking of Walmart, I am glad that they are just about done with their remodeling, no more having to hings constantly moved around, no more parking lot mess, and best all the air conditioning is on, what a big improvement! Although I still do not think the Selinsgrove store is near as nice as the Lewisburg one. Does anybody know when Selinsgrove should have their meat department up and running?

Old 07-07-2013, 10:11 PM

2 posts, read 4,409 times
walmart on selinsgrove has self checkouts, i just used them last week lol

Old 07-07-2013, 10:29 PM

Yeah I forgot to post that I was in today and much to my surprise was a self check out section! I was in recently and didn't think it would happen. Will make my trips to Wal Mart much more enjoyable.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:17 PM

6 posts, read 13,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundtheworld7 View Post
in regards to the twisty freeze, i definitely wont be going there! went in to ask for a menu & the guy was so sarcastic & rude after telling me they had none, even though this is your first day open but whatever, i asked when they thought they would get more in, he proceeded to yell at me "im not hoing back & making you one now"...so i left, called in a few days later to see how much a large pizza was, the girl was like a whole one & i said yes she was like i dont understand what you are asking & i asked again, then she just hung up on me! they need to get a better trained staff unless i was dealing with the owners if they want to make it in the food industry cause with those attitudes they wont get far, i know im not ever gonna go there
You can count me in to the crowd that won't be going there. The folks there are rude.

Old 07-11-2013, 12:26 PM

Looks like I may not even try the new Tasty Freeze With the negative feedback on here and a few friends asking me not to go there from working for him in the past. He sounds like something else and not sure I'd even eat the food after the stories I've heard.

Anybody know if something commercial or homes are going in across the mall on the Weis Markets side? I see them getting a lot ready for something. I'm curious

Old 07-11-2013, 07:31 PM

226 posts, read 761,511 times
I ate at the Twistee Freez today. I had the Country Burger and onion rings. I also had some of my friend's fries and everything was very good. Don't give up on they to fast

Old 07-12-2013, 08:02 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,698,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post
Anybody know if something commercial or homes are going in across the mall on the Weis Markets side? I see them getting a lot ready for something. I'm curious
Do you mean where the construction equipment is behind the church? I think that's a staging area for the work going on across 11/15 where the cones are and where they had one lane closed a week or two ago.

Or do you mean along Mill Road where the shoulder is closed? That to me looks like more townhouses will be going in there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania