Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 08:04 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,735,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailvasally View Post
This is why so many fathers are not close to their daughters when they become teens. This thought process is totally ignorant in my opinion. Also this forum is about parents and kids. all discussions should be welcome. You can talk to your physician but they are not going to give you tons of different view points and if your lucky they may reccomend one or two things. A father wanting to discuss his daughters growing up is not a bad thing. As other posters have stated It would be nice if more men wanted to be informed. Many dads totally distance themselves from their daughters and that is not right. A girl needs her mommy as much as her daddy. And NOTHING wrong with cuddling!
Amen to that! My father was rarely around, and when he was he wouldn't talk to his boys about sex. He left that to our mother. She didn't want to talk to us about that so I had to learn at school.

My father was not involved in my sister's life after puberty and sadly today they still have a strained relationship...as we all do with both our parents.

I plan on being a vital part of my daughter's life. I was there when she was conceived. I was holding my wife's hand when our little girl was born. She was the most beautiful sight ever!! She came out face up, which I know was painful for my wife, but her face was the first thing we both saw. Utterly amazing!!

I sent her off to her first day of kindergarten and my wife and I took the day off as this was such a momentous occassion in our young lives. Now as she's entering puberty, yes her mother will play a much more vital role in her development, but I will be right alongside and step in as needed. I will always be there for my little girl...even as a teen.

I do know there will be one day when daddy cuddles will become less and less, they'll turn into something else like quiet time hanging out. I've done date nights since she was four and we'll still have those nights in the future. On her birthday she also receives a pink rose for every year. She's ecstatic about getting her 10 pink roses this year.

Thank you all for your support and kind words. As I had said before, I've never felt more attacked than by this poster and appreciate everyone's support. I am a good dad and a very loving dad and nothing that person can say will make me think any different!! Thank you!!

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting