Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 07:06 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,168,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfacefan View Post
I'll just start by saying, I'm not making this up, if you chose not to believe than I really can't change your mind. Good news is she's done sulking, she just felt I wasn't giving her the respect she felt she deserved as an adult woman.
I had to chuckle at that. Of course, you should treat your daughter with respect, however, it is somewhat hard to picture a high school senior, who is living at home, totally supported by her parent as a full "adult woman".

I am not suggesting that your daughter meant it this way, but when some18 year olds say something like that ("I need to be treated like an adult") it means that they want permission for their BF or GF (perhaps, even both) to be allowed to sleep overnight with them in their bed in your house.

Just a heads up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2014, 09:21 PM

58 posts, read 42,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
I had to chuckle at that. Of course, you should treat your daughter with respect, however, it is somewhat hard to picture a high school senior, who is living at home, totally supported by her parent as a full "adult woman".

I am not suggesting that your daughter meant it this way, but when some18 year olds say something like that ("I need to be treated like an adult") it means that they want permission for their BF or GF (perhaps, even both) to be allowed to sleep overnight with them in their bed in your house.

Just a heads up.
haha, I've met a few of those kids, the ones who want their BF/GF to sleepover. I just felt really bad when she said that. I got what she was saying, but at the same time, like you kind of said, she's still at home, and I pay for most of her essentials( food, bed, running water, shelter). I apologized and it's ok. My advice to her was, next time, when she's feeling some animosity against me, rather than being quiet and pouty, just let it out from the start.

Old 08-25-2014, 09:52 AM

58 posts, read 42,572 times
hope that was good advice. The good news is, I convinced her to quit her job. I was worried it would distract her from school and I didn't want that. Her quitting also extents through Summer 2015, that summer needs to be just about her hanging out, getting college ready. The guy who owns the restaurant's a pretty good guy who said he'd always rehire her if she ever wanted to come back this year.

Last edited by Ghostfacefan; 08-25-2014 at 10:07 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting