Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which was the worst?
Easy Baake. Oven 6 20.00%
Lawn darts 13 43.33%
Energy lab 7 23.33%
Or Barbie Sky dan 4 13.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 08:03 PM

115 posts, read 145,333 times

Advertisements

#15:Easy Bake Oven, well, a cooking appliance for kids.And those kids like thier fingers burnt off,In 2007, Hasbros toy had all deferred of burns and even a 5year olds finger got amputated.

14, Clackers, From the 70s, two balls on a cord, numeral broken teeth.

13: Aqua Dots, the glue could drug woman. Pixos are the new ones.

12,A Jetpack, sometimes this toy would launch people Fourty feet in the air. 4 deaths and. Many injuries

11, lawn darts, it took them 18 yrs and 3 deaths to realize giving infants a sharp pointed object was dumb.

10, dive sticks, the obvious conclusion you might come to is "well! kids are drowning looking for all the darn sticks, but your wrong the reason they wrer recalled, INPALEMENT,oh yes and eye gouging.

9, Burger King poke balls, somehow kids where getting half the ball stuck between thier nose and mouth.

8,CsI fingerprint exam, the powder contained ASBETOS.And the company didn't even give a darn.

7, Barbie sky dancers, these caused a numeral blindness, broken teeth, facial lacerations, concussions.

6, Yoyo water ball aka explosive soffocaton bombs, flambable disel is on them.

5.Baby bratz Jade, in one of its songs people claim they heard the F word followed by you.

4,Vtech baby pjon3, cusses,

3,Toy Penguin Fuigures, head is rewmovable with nails

2, Spanish Barbie, this toy basicly solluted bulls being killed.

And 1, Gilbert u238 energy lab, well it couldn't be #1 beacause it included real uranium, or a recipe for morre uranium? Srsly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2014, 12:11 AM

2,309 posts, read 3,850,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geomaster2004 View Post
#15:Easy Bake Oven, well, a cooking appliance for kids.And those kids like thier fingers burnt off,In 2007, Hasbros toy had all deferred of burns and even a 5year olds finger got amputated.

14, Clackers, From the 70s, two balls on a cord, numeral broken teeth.

13: Aqua Dots, the glue could drug woman. Pixos are the new ones.

12,A Jetpack, sometimes this toy would launch people Fourty feet in the air. 4 deaths and. Many injuries

11, lawn darts, it took them 18 yrs and 3 deaths to realize giving infants a sharp pointed object was dumb.

10, dive sticks, the obvious conclusion you might come to is "well! kids are drowning looking for all the darn sticks, but your wrong the reason they wrer recalled, INPALEMENT,oh yes and eye gouging.

9, Burger King poke balls, somehow kids where getting half the ball stuck between thier nose and mouth.

8,CsI fingerprint exam, the powder contained ASBETOS.And the company didn't even give a darn.

7, Barbie sky dancers, these caused a numeral blindness, broken teeth, facial lacerations, concussions.

6, Yoyo water ball aka explosive soffocaton bombs, flambable disel is on them.

5.Baby bratz Jade, in one of its songs people claim they heard the F word followed by you.

4,Vtech baby pjon3, cusses,

3,Toy Penguin Fuigures, head is rewmovable with nails

2, Spanish Barbie, this toy basicly solluted bulls being killed.

And 1, Gilbert u238 energy lab, well it couldn't be #1 beacause it included real uranium, or a recipe for morre uranium? Srsly

That one is funny because i clearly remember those being used as instructional tools during swim lessons in the 80s. not sure how recalled these have been though as i still see them used by kids at pools and still see them being sold.

i do however remember lawn darts and even at young age wondering if they were a good idea.

Old 07-07-2014, 06:11 AM

115 posts, read 145,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvillebuckeye View Post
That one is funny because i clearly remember those being used as instructional tools during swim lessons in the 80s. not sure how recalled these have been though as i still see them used by kids at pools and still see them being sold.

i do however remember lawn darts and even at young age wondering if they were a good idea.

They had a end like a football, but we're hard plastic and you know kids

Old 07-07-2014, 06:33 AM

8,826 posts, read 15,318,969 times
We had lawn jarts ( with a "j") and they had heavy metal tips.

Last edited by tgbwc; 07-07-2014 at 06:58 AM..

Old 07-07-2014, 06:56 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,537,397 times
While cloud chambers are cool, they are not something for kids to play with so I voted for the Gilbert U 238 lab. I allow my students to use cloud chambers but that is under supervision and with safety precautions.

Old 07-07-2014, 07:08 AM

8,271 posts, read 8,652,996 times
Who gave lawn darts to an infant?

Old 07-07-2014, 07:21 AM

19,517 posts, read 9,537,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
We had lawn jarts ( with a "j") and they had heavy metal tips.
I remember the lawn jarts too. Just don't be playing barefoot and stand out of the way (front and back) of the person throwing

I should remember the home bake but I don't. Maybe my parents didn't get me the 1st toy that came on the market each time? Most of our playing was supervised. Prior to the internet, I don't think the recalls for said items were as quick to get out to the public as they are now but then that all depends on who/what groups are doing the testing and the media types in certain locations. Some parents just buy whatever looks good from the pictures on the box and hand it over saying, "have fun", then walk away.

Old 07-07-2014, 07:29 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,424,313 times
Easy Bake oven was around in the 50's, and I think it cooked with a lightbulb then, as it did later when we got one for my daughter. I didn't have one but my best friend did, and it seemed very tame and safe. Of course back then, kids did a lot of things that would horrify people now. Playing with mercury in science class to see its properties for yourself, mid 60's, is always my favorite example. They did tell you to use the tip of a pencil to move it around rather than your fingers.

Old 07-07-2014, 10:14 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,523,221 times
Moved from the education forum. Not really sure if this is a good place either!

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 07-07-2014, 10:45 AM

16,071 posts, read 21,144,062 times
Hmm, many of those aren't toys and a lot of them were never meant to be used without adult supervision. Seriously, you can get injured by just about anything if you use it carelessly or inappropriately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting