Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2011, 02:42 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,668,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyMominRI View Post
What if they don't want your 3 cooked meals a day?
Then don't expect chores to get done. That requires a full day's supply of energy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 02:42 PM

3,644 posts, read 10,973,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
When I was between ages 13 and now that sounds perfect to me.

Real. Men. Need. FOOD!

I'm vegetarian for the record, have been since age 15.
Now I'm supposed to feed my husband too - EVERYday? WTF? Is this some kind of joke?

You do realize that feeding children and men gives them energy? Energy they use NOT to perform chores (women's work, of course) but to criticize my cleaning and cooking. And in the case of the children, if you feed them, they grow - and then I suppose I'll be expected to buy them clothes that cover their bodies and shoes that fit their feet!

I will say, the OP is kind of entertaining - a vegetarian who eats Taco Bell and bacon. I call troll. 25 pages of some child who is bored and been busy trolling people with nothing better to spend their money on than food for their children.

Old 06-27-2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
That's why it's called breakfast. Break fast.
Taco bell helped solve that problem with the 4th meal concept.

Old 06-27-2011, 02:45 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,696,727 times
Quote:
Then don't expect chores to get done. That requires a full day's supply of energy.
Wow, that's a load of crap. I managed to carry a Marines daily duty ,including extensive PT, without breakfast and eating only 2 meals. One which was often uncooked.

Old 06-27-2011, 02:47 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,696,727 times
Quote:
I'll explain... I eat the veggie bacon from the organic store which requires no oil, biscuits from KFC hardees or chickfila isn't the same as homemade, the gravy I'm talking about is white vegetarian gravy granted made with some oil but not animal grease.

A cold turkey sandwich is cooked, but later packaged and therefore not fresh your own kitchen. Try eating those 7 lunches in a row and tell me u don't want homecooked lunch or something (for me a few more items) with it. I personally wouldn't call a turkey sandwich a meal. I also like the cold DD coffees.
I eat sandwiches for lunch nearly every day, no problem. I prefer 1 cooked meal a day. I tend to feel heavier and lazier after a full cooked lunch. It just makes me want a nap

Old 06-27-2011, 02:48 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,355,424 times
Basically this is all one big complaint that the OP's mommie and daddie weren't home cooking him hot meals.

Real men (your own description of yourself) do not complain about what happened to them when they were kids. Real mean grow up and forgive their parents for not being perfect. Because, guess what? We've all got gripes about our parents. Your gripe centers around too many bowls of Fruit Loops. Some people's gripes center around Daddy bashing their head against the wall when he comes home from the tavern after drinking up the paycheck.

I'd say you don't have a whole lot to complain about.

Learn how to cook and don't be the guy crying about what happened to you when you were 10. It's not attractive.

Old 06-27-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Basically this is all one big complaint that the OP's mommie and daddie weren't home cooking him hot meals.

Real men (your own description of yourself) do not complain about what happened to them when they were kids. Real mean grow up and forgive their parents for not being perfect. Because, guess what? We've all got gripes about our parents. Your gripe centers around too many bowls of Fruit Loops. Some people's gripes center around Daddy bashing their head against the wall when he comes home from the tavern after drinking up the paycheck.

Learn how to cook and don't be the guy crying about what happened to you when you were 10. It's not attractive.
The point is for parents to do a better job with their children's nutrition. Whining about cooking isn't attractive. If u can't feed a horse, don't buy one and expect to ride it.

Old 06-27-2011, 02:54 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,861,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post

Oh man. I wanted to blame every little thing that isn't perfect in my life on the fact that my parents were strict. You just took that away from me. .

Now I am going to blame you for ruining my perfect excuse for everything.

When my boss asks me why a project isn't done on time, I will jus tell him it is Dew's fault. It would have been my parents fault, but now it is Dew's.

Old 06-27-2011, 02:57 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,717,380 times
My breakfast today was a bowl of honey nut cheerios. My lunch is a bagel with cream cheese and a 6oz container of nonfat yogurt. healthy? who cares? my hunger pangs went away and thats all i care about.

Old 06-27-2011, 02:58 PM

4,563 posts, read 10,983,333 times
Quote:
The point is for parents to do a better job with their children's nutrition.
And what you seem to be too stubborn to get because of your childhood issues is that nutrition can be achieved without having to COOK something.

You seem to speak out of both sides of your mouth - parents aren't giving their kids good nutrition, parents should be cooking three meals a day.

Many, many examples have been given on here as to how to get good - even fantastic nutrition without having to COOK the food.

You are in for a major wake up call one day when you have kids of your own. And what you THINK you will superman do and the REALITY of what you will do will be do different things. Trust us - all of us who have been there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting