Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2011, 09:17 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,227,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
That's fascinating! I've always liked Cher. I would have never guessed she was a conservative.
She's no Sarah Palin. Just has leanings on some topics.

Rats. Can't get the video to load. I'm beginning to see a new computer in my future.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:48 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,964,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Very funny spoof of an awareness or campaign ad. This is definitely NSFW, and definitely not for Special Snowflakes.

Justin Timberlake: Please Make Music Again (NSFW VIDEO)
That was hilarious!

Although, I was never a fan of his musically -

He is one of the reasons to watch Saturday Night Live again.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:14 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,155,634 times
Bummer. Hubby went to sleep. But he's not going out again this evening like we anticipated. He's in a holding pattern again.

With the way his company has been operating, they could send him out again on Thursday, sometime next week, a few months from now, or never.

This is so frustrating. It's like he's on call 24/7/365 for one rare day of actual work.

No idea what the future holds. Can't make any plans for anything.

Well, at least I know he'll be home sleeping in his own bed tonight.

Beyond that, I know nothing.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:23 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,855,361 times
Quote:
Bummer. Hubby went to sleep. But he's not going out again this evening like we anticipated. He's in a holding pattern again.

With the way his company has been operating, they could send him out again on Thursday, sometime next week, a few months from now, or never.

This is so frustrating. It's like he's on call 24/7/365 for one rare day of actual work.

Sorry Hopes. That is very frustrating. I am a planner, so I don't think I could handle that kind of a setup.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:23 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,212,379 times
Quote:

That would be a very hard way to live for me.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:42 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,908,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I think every case is different, every person's story is different, and it's so complex as Ewag said. Now I don't want to seem tactless, or like I'm making fun of anyone here, that's really not my intention, but have taken care of quite a few patients in various stages of transition back in the dark ages, and these 2 stories stand out. The first patient I ever took care of was a M to F, but the guy was a rugby player, probably 6'6" or so, looked like "The Rock". He did not look good as a woman at all.

The second one also M to F, and I was a very young nursing student. I was late for an elective, and walked into the consulting room after the patient exam had started. I had no idea it was a post-op trans, all I heard was this woman saying "Just close up my damned vagina, I don't want it any more, it's been nothing but trouble". I had no idea what was going on until the patient left the exam room and we could discuss the case with the surgeon. I didn't live that down for many years.
Tried to rep you for this. I love the second story! Without the context, no wonder you were confused!!

Quote:

Ugh, so sorry, Hopes. That level of uncertainty sounds beyond frustrating!!

Old 09-07-2011, 11:09 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,755,529 times
Zimbo..I just came home and read through the chop it or leave it alone thread. I choked when I read your comment on MOFOS.

ETA BTW I have learned that strep throat is passed through the internet and preschool. UUUUGH.

Hopes what does your husband do for a living? If you have said it before I apologize, my memory is fuzzy.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:27 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,908,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
Zimbo..I just came home and read through the chop it or leave it alone thread. I choked when I read your comment on MOFOS.
Haha!

Oy vey - I wish people would stop resurrecting old threads just to start arguments. Didn't we just go through this with the corporal punishments threads last week?

Mrs X - How did it go at the doc?

Old 09-07-2011, 11:35 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,155,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
Sorry Hopes. That is very frustrating. I am a planner, so I don't think I could handle that kind of a setup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
That would be a very hard way to live for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Ugh, so sorry, Hopes. That level of uncertainty sounds beyond frustrating!!
Thanks, guys. We've endured terrible schedules over the past few years but this uncertainty is new to us. If he could physically do any job they had available, we wouldn't be in this holding pattern. I know they're not doing this intentially. (It's tempting to assume they are purposely torturing us.) I believe they will eventually find a place for him with a set schedule. It's just going to take time. At least, that's what I'm hoping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
Hopes what does your husband do for a living? If you have said it before I apologize, my memory is fuzzy.
After a sucessful 35 year career in an industry that collapsed, hubby changed to a career in the trucking industry late in life six years ago. We were surprised to find so many other educated professionals in trucking. The reason is that it pays very well. It was truly the only career that he could start at his age with a starting salary anywhere near what he earned in his previous career. Even then, we took a huge hit financially but we adjusted.

It's hard to look back and say that it wasn't worth the change in our lifestyle. Yes, it's an extremely difficult life, not being home. But the alternative would have been financial disaster. Hubby did this to provide for our family. That's why I returned to school. I want to provide for him so he can retire. (I'm much younger then he is.)

Old 09-07-2011, 11:38 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,755,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Haha!

Oy vey - I wish people would stop resurrecting old threads just to start arguments. Didn't we just go through this with the corporal punishments threads last week?

Mrs X - How did it go at the doc?
Ahh he has strep throat! Now I have to call my ob/gyn and primary gp after their lunch hours to let them know. UUGGH it never ends.

Last night I told my sister about his tongue and how he only had a slight fever on Saturday from what I believe was a cold. She worried the crap out of me because the following day he was much better and we went to a lake. She was like OMG he has an AMOEBA! Tongues do not do that!

The doctor rest assure me it wasn't an amoeba eating his tongue and he just has strep throat. It seems to be going around as my neice and nephew in Cali have strep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.