Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2011, 07:07 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,852,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
Good morning, CDMWR!

I think the desert is gorgeous, but I would dry up and cause a major haboob if I lived there. I need the humidity (good thing, being a Southeastern kind of girl).

And I've actually heard coyotes. Yes, here in urban Florida. In fact, we're pretty sure they've eaten at least two cats, so the current outdoor kitty has to come in at night, which he does not love but to which he has become resigned.
A couple of months ago, my MIL was outside and saw a dog running around (at dusk) so she started calling it to her. FIL said "Honey, why are you trying to get a coyote to come to you?" lol. It is funny though. She sees more coyotes here in suburban FL than she did when she was living in Arizona.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:12 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,852,587 times
Hope MissFR is feeling better and no ER visit was necessary. Quick question, does she seem to get sick before any big events? I know this once could be a coincidence, but one of my nephews would get an ear infection or the flu, or a cold on the first day of school every year. It turns out he was so nervous that he was making himself physically sick (no idea how he gave himself ear infections). When mom figured that out, she was able to keep the illness to a minimum the next year.

I know you mentioned she was getting nervous, so I thought I would just ask. It may be something to keep an eye out for.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:14 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,956,884 times
Morning all!

We've had problems here with coyotes attacking people. In fact, last week on the news there was one town (can't remember which - mm might know) where they were hunting down the whole pack because they had become aggressive.

Makes me sad as their space is being invaded upon really.

Dew - I've been meaning to ask - does it not cool down a lot at night because of the dry air? I remember you saying how hot it was at night - but maybe that's just because of the monsoons.

My mom and step dad lived in Sierra Vista (southeast part of Arizona if I remember correctly) and we loved, loved visiting there. It was sad when they moved back to East Texas. As we hate, hate visiting there!

Old 09-07-2011, 07:32 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,071,598 times
Good morning, everyone! I hope all is well in your corners of the world!

Today promises to be a nice day. The weather is in the 60s. (Sending Dew some cool air via UPS today!) Hubby will be home soon for 10 hours before he heads out again. His being here during the daytime is a big bonus because we can spend time together. If he has a 10 hour break in the middle of the night, it's like not seeing him at all.

I must have called him at least 15 times yesterday because I missed him.

It's time to get the fall/winter clothes from the attic and start slowly packing the summer stuff away, keeping minimal stuff out for the hot weather that will come and go over the next couple of months. It's such a big task to switch out everyone's closets and drawers. I'm hoping this time to get it done in a few days instead of it taking weeks due to laziness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I love the desert. My parents lived in Namibia for over 10 years, one of the most beautiful countries I have seen. Huge country, very sparsely populated, and mainly desert. My mom, a pretty eccentric lady, and her friends would organize these lavish parties out in the desert in deserted buildings. They would use colorful cloths to decorate, and candles for light, and everyone would bring food and a chair. I'm talking middle of nowhere, driving in convoy over dunes. Crazy times.
I'd read that book! I love the little glimpses you share of your life. Sounds facinating. Your parents sound like very interesting people.

CDMWR has so many interesting people. I'm always amazed at the collection of rich personalities and experiences in our little group.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:38 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,905,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post

CDMWR has so many interesting people. I'm always amazed at the collection of rich personalities and experiences in our little group.
Aw re: hubby - that is so sweet! Hope you enjoy your time together!

Amen to the bolded. It's really neat to hear about everyone's lives.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:04 AM

Maybe I'm not "socially aware" enough.

But I can't wrap my mind around how Chastity/Chaz Bono is lesbian turned transgender. Does that mean that she was never a lesbian but a man trapped inside a woman's body? Or now that she is a he, does that mean he's still gay and now likes men?

Okay, I'll admit the last question was just facetious.

But it seems to me that he/she struggles with some serious identity issues. I'm not just talking gender. That weight. All of that weight. And it's not like Cher doesn't have identity issues herself. That plastic surgery. All of that plastic surgery.

It's all so mind boggling to me.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:04 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,956,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
That's very sweet Hopes!

Old 09-07-2011, 08:07 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
A couple of months ago, my MIL was outside and saw a dog running around (at dusk) so she started calling it to her. FIL said "Honey, why are you trying to get a coyote to come to you?" lol. It is funny though. She sees more coyotes here in suburban FL than she did when she was living in Arizona.
DH did that once while shoveling snow.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:13 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,752,585 times
Good morning all!

Fin I hope lil Miss Fr is ok. Please keep us posted. And great Queen story. Mr. X and I love Queen. When we do talk about him we wonder what he would have been doing today if he was alive and what would he think of today's music.

RK- happy birthday to your little one.

Dew- Hope that headache has gone away.

Hopes- I understand what you mean. I too can't wrap my head around it.

And for all the other CD moms good morning and hope you have a lovely day.

Ok I have a little rant: Why is it that when you share an experience immediately people come down on you like a ton of bricks and assume that it never happened????????? Just because I view things slightly different or had a experience it doesn't make me a liar.

I know..I know.... we all should assume that people who chat on msg boards and the internet are liars. Yet I maintain the same personality on CD as I would in real life.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:16 AM

Speaking of books, how is yours coming along, Mrs. X?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.