Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2011, 08:53 AM

13,716 posts, read 10,081,774 times

Advertisements

Happy birthday, YoungKibs.

Ewag - I don't think I'm going to know how to act when I'm in your shoes on Thurs. I can't imagine not having MissFR around. Imagine actually being able to get things done! I won't know how to behave.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:55 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,915,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Kids these days...
Haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
I bet he was excited! And it sounds like he's doing fine since you haven't heard otherwise.

Things are better in our casa - as DH has left town. He can be grouchy with his sales guy. I know he was just dreading this week though. I'd be grouchy too.
Good call, coop - I'll bet you're right on.

Enjoy your week of not grouchy?? It's rough when work ick spills over into home, especially for the rest of the family!!

Old 09-06-2011, 08:57 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,915,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Ewag - I don't think I'm going to know how to act when I'm in your shoes on Thurs. I can't imagine not having MissFR around. Imagine actually being able to get things done! I won't know how to behave.
Haha - yeah, I'm a bit at loose ends! Now I know to plan like a full day's worth of activity into the time! I completely hear you about not having the little one around - it is WEIRD! And remarkably quiet...

I wish you all the best with Thursday! Keep us posted, ok??

hee - we should have a CDMWR-Philly chapter play date!

Old 09-06-2011, 09:00 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,861,114 times
Happy Birthday to our newest 6 year old.

I am happy to hear that LSE went off to school with no problem.

I hope LittleMissFR feels better and that she has a good start to school.

FR & Ewag - Are you telling me that you can be inside your house AND the house can be child-free at the same time? I thought that was an urban legend.

Old 09-06-2011, 09:09 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,439,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I don't think I mentioned this story, we seemed to have a bunch of kids over for playdates last week. One boy lost his cool over something inconsequential, picked up a shoe and smacked DS across the face with all his strength. I initially though DS had broken some bones. Let's just say I don't think the kid will ever forget this crazy Zim woman going all lachrymose on his azz! He asked to come back a few days later, so I'm not sure that I scared him quite enough. He was VERY well behaved though .
OMGoodness! Threw a shoe at your DS? Wow! He deserved all lachrymose! Glad he's behaving better!

Quote:
Kids these days...

Quote:
Hopefully your new schedule will be better than in the past. Sounds like it was difficult before.
I'm hoping. His three days off will be in a row, a long weekend. He'll be home here and there the other four days. He won't be doing any heavy lifting, which exhausted him for the past two years, so it might be okay.

Quote:
Happy 6th birthday to my youngest today! When I was in the hospital after his birth Hurricane Katrina was the big news.
Happy birthday to your little one! Six was one of my favorite ages! I wish they could stay that age forever!

Quote:
Zim - I agree with others - there is nothing wrong with feeling bad about your garden. I can't imagine how devastated I would be if I lost mine.
I'd be beside myself. I get so much joy from spending time outside in my garden with my family. It's so peaceful for me.

Quote:
Things are better in our casa - as DH has left town. He can be grouchy with his sales guy. I know he was just dreading this week though. I'd be grouchy too.
I hear you! When hubby is cranky about his job, I'm usually relieved when he goes to work.

Quote:
Did I ever tell you guys I have a serious vomiting phobia? Serious.
How does that work? Fear of seeing it? Fear of doing it? Fear of cleaning it?

Old 09-06-2011, 09:13 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,350,471 times
Hopes have you gone to "that" class yet? I've got some advice if you haven't. If you want it.

Old 09-06-2011, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Haha - yeah, I'm a bit at loose ends! Now I know to plan like a full day's worth of activity into the time! I completely hear you about not having the little one around - it is WEIRD! And remarkably quiet...
I remember feeling like I didn't know what to do with myself! Reminds me of when they first went to sleepovers. Hubby and I just sat and stared at each other, feeling like we should go out but comfortable in our routine of staying home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
FR & Ewag - Are you telling me that you can be inside your house AND the house can be child-free at the same time? I thought that was an urban legend.
Funny!

Old 09-06-2011, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Hopes have you gone to "that" class yet? I've got some advice if you haven't. If you want it.
I"ll be leaving around noon for "that" class.

I'm definitely going! I've taken my shower and everything!

I'm all ears for advice!

Old 09-06-2011, 09:17 AM

12,979 posts, read 14,617,933 times
Quote:
Did I ever tell you guys I have a serious vomiting phobia? Serious.
Pediatric nurse = vomit grand central

I'm not a big fan myself.

Quote:
This made me laugh because the stories I've got from when DS was in elementary and his temper.....
I know. That's why I would like to say my son would never do that, but have learned never to say never!

Old 09-06-2011, 09:25 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,350,471 times
Okey dokey Hopes: Do Not apologize to Little Mr. Snot Nose. (Hereafter known as LMSN.) If he apologizes (and if any of his co-horts do) all you say is "Apology accepted." DO NOT say anything like, "Well it was my fault too." or "We all got a little heated". Because this is on HIM. You don't own any part of his rudeness.

"Apology accepted" then you open up your book and let the instructor take it from there. Do not let this kid off the hook. But be Lady Grand - Dignity! - when you accept his apology. This kid has to learn the lesson that he was rude as h--- and it's not acceptable. Ever.

Then there's a second part: Sometime this year LMSN is not going to know the answer to something. Or he's going to be called on and not have anything to say. That is when you, Lady Grand Hopes, raise your lovely hand and answers. Or makes a point that is so full of wisdom the class is stunned. At that point you turn - slowly - to LMSN and give him "The Look". The all-knowing Look that says "I know you are an idiot and you know you are an idiot. But I'm not going to embarass you by pointing that out." Just The Look.

In my house this is called "Erasing the Checkmark".

Hope this makes sense as I am typing like mad. Remember NO APOLOGY. Just I accept your apology. Got any music with you? Put on some Butt Kicking I Am Woman music, ramp yourself up, and go get them!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting