Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2011, 07:12 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,192,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I should move my stuff out and put it into storage just to prove that I don't she doesn't do **** for me.
Yes, you should. Now. Boy, that'll fix her.

But first, do one thing. Go find the thread about "why do American parents kick their kids out at eighteen" and post a couple of paragraphs about your life.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:13 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,902,438 times
Thanks, coop! Yeah, I agree - regardless of the severity, it just feels wrong to have a cold in the summer!

Boo, Zim - sorry to hear about your vacation.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:21 AM

13,414 posts, read 9,944,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Thanks, coop! Yeah, I agree - regardless of the severity, it just feels wrong to have a cold in the summer!
Sorry Ewag - those summer colds suck. You're already hot, you don't need a fever too. Plus hot soup just doesn't work. Glad you're feeling better!

How is LittleSirEwag this morning? And MissEwag under construction?

Old 08-04-2011, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Boo, Zim - sorry to hear about your vacation.
Yeah, that's crummy. It's early to be up to Emily already. Hope this isn't going to be another season like 2004 or 2005. I don't need that kind of excitement.

This is the latest spaghetti model, per my favorite weather website:
http://www.skeetobiteweather.com/pic...?t=m&m=05&av=4

Old 08-04-2011, 07:31 AM

On a brighter note about 20-somethings...
My daughter is studying overseas this summer. Her update today said "I will be cutting off most of my hair tomorrow for a charity event to benefit sick kids in XXXX. They've been trying for over a year to get a girl to do it, so here I am. A man is going to donate 25,000元 on top of what has already been raised just because I am doing it...which makes me feel awesome!"

I think that's about $3800 US. How cool is that?

Old 08-04-2011, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
My daughter is studying overseas this summer. Her update today said "I will be cutting off most of my hair tomorrow for a charity event to benefit sick kids in XXXX. They've been trying for over a year to get a girl to do it, so here I am. A man is going to donate 25,000元 on top of what has already been raised just because I am doing it...which makes me feel awesome!"

Yeah! Your daughter is awesome. Studying overseas is fantastic. You must be beaming!

Old 08-04-2011, 07:39 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,952,110 times
Aconite - that's very cool. You must be very proud. I know I would be

Old 08-04-2011, 07:44 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,902,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Sorry Ewag - those summer colds suck. You're already hot, you don't need a fever too. Plus hot soup just doesn't work. Glad you're feeling better!

How is LittleSirEwag this morning? And MissEwag under construction?
Haha - right? We're just have some residual stuffiness at this point, though poor DH is in the worst of it at present.

LittleSirEwag is doing well - slightly stir crazy from being home all week! His new trick? Using DH's Ipad. Oy vey. MissEwag under construction is doing well, too - just had our 30 week appt - she appears to be doing exactly as she should be. Now if only I could get her out from under my rib cage....

Is MissFR all excited to start school? LittleSirEwag asks every day if we're going to school. Do you guys start after Labor Day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post

That's awesome!! How proud are you? Go, Miss Aconite, go!

Old 08-04-2011, 08:10 AM

Quote:
LittleSirEwag is doing well - slightly stir crazy from being home all week! His new trick? Using DH's Ipad. Oy vey. MissEwag under construction is doing well, too - just had our 30 week appt - she appears to be doing exactly as she should be. Now if only I could get her out from under my rib cage....
Soon enough. At least right now, you know exactly where she is and what she's up to!
So will Little Sir be getting his very own iPad for his next birthday?

Quote:
That's awesome!! How proud are you? Go, Miss Aconite, go!
Thanks, all! I wish I could take credit for her. She's always been like that. Her name means "knight", and it fits.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Haha - right? We're just have some residual stuffiness at this point, though poor DH is in the worst of it at present.

Is MissFR all excited to start school? LittleSirEwag asks every day if we're going to school. Do you guys start after Labor Day?
We start Sept 7th. She's very excited. Keeps gathering stuff to take for show and tell. I'm glad SirEwag is excited too. How are you feeling? I am a bit queasy in the tummy about it, frankly. Although very happy to have her start on her new path.

Pregnancy - I don't miss the baby in the ribcage at all. Very strange feeling! Glad she's on track. Time will fly from now on, right?

MissFR is an iPad genius. MrFR takes it to work all day but as soon as he gets home she's on it. We have a couple of great Pre K apps. One is called Bugsy's Pre K. It's fantastic. I highly recommend it.

Bugsy Pre-K for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Of course we play bucketloads of Angry Birds, and now have a bunch of Angry Bird stuffed animals. But even though it's an entertaining game, you also have to figure out where to hit the stuff on the screen so it falls over more efficiently. That and she also points out what pattern the birds are in and how many birds are left, that kind of thing. I think they are not so much of a waste of time as they first appear, and are good for developing problem solving skills. Plus - it's really good fun.

I think a lot of screen involving gadgets get way more heat than they deserve. MissFR has learned an awful lot from her TV shows and web games. They're all very educational. She knows way more about lots of stuff than I did at her age.

Sorry, I'll stop ranting now. Saves me from going and ranting in the new tv thread - maybe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting