Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2011, 01:56 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I just can't get over that. TG and I have talked about it before, I have even talked to my grandmother about it. I just am so pissed at her...its worse now more than ever. I just can't get past some of the **** does and says to me. She knows exactly where to get me.
This is why you need therapy. And, you don't need to "get over it" in order to start a career and get on with your life. Why in the he!! would you want to live with her if you hate her so much??? Go to school, or the academy, or whatever and get the he!! out of her house!!

BTW, doesn't the academy start this month

Old 08-04-2011, 01:58 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
I just can't get over that. TG and I have talked about it before, I have even talked to my grandmother about it. I just am so pissed at her...its worse now more than ever. I just can't get past some of the **** does and says to me. She knows exactly where to get me.
Free psychoanalysis txt: Your bitterness towards your mother is eating you alive. The migraines, the tension, all of your symptoms. You need to either get the heck out of that house and build yourself a life or accept what you've got. It's up to you. Your mother isn't going to change.

Forgive her (which I don't see you doing) or walk out the front door.

Old 08-04-2011, 02:14 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
This is why you need therapy. And, you don't need to "get over it" in order to start a career and get on with your life. Why in the he!! would you want to live with her if you hate her so much??? Go to school, or the academy, or whatever and get the he!! out of her house!!

BTW, doesn't the academy start this month
Right now I have no other choice.
Right now, here is where I have to live.

Trust me I hope I get a job so bad.
I would really love that Best Buy job.
Its here in...I actually almost just typed out my town name...I hate when I do that anyways yeah its here in town.
I think going in yesterday to talk to a manager really sealed the deal with them.

As soon as I find if I can make enough money to move out I will move out.
Then I have to find a roommate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Free psychoanalysis txt: Your bitterness towards your mother is eating you alive. The migraines, the tension, all of your symptoms. You need to either get the heck out of that house and build yourself a life or accept what you've got. It's up to you. Your mother isn't going to change.

Forgive her (which I don't see you doing) or walk out the front door.
It really is. She makes me so angry and I don't know why this past year has been a huge breaking point for me with this.
I'll be out one day soon.

Old 08-04-2011, 02:23 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,917,805 times
"You can't change who someone is. Either accept them for who they are, or learn to live without them." -Unknown.

Old 08-04-2011, 02:31 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times
Quote:

Its here in...I actually almost just typed out my town name...I hate when I do that anyways yeah its here in town.
I think going in yesterday to talk to a manager really sealed the deal with them.

It really is. She makes me so angry and I don't know why this past year has been a huge breaking point for me with this.

And yet - you quit one job and spent the summer by the pool....that is where we all get frustrated. Not that we don't wish the best for you, but that you sabotoge your own advancement, then keep whining about your situation.

Old 08-04-2011, 02:31 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times
Quote:

Please, listen to what I am saying. You only have no other choice right now because of the decisions you have already made in your life. You haven't gone to the academy. You quit your last job. you always have some excuse. If you REALLY don't want to live with your mom, you need to start thinking about the future consequences of the decisions you make... and I know what town you live in.

Old 08-04-2011, 02:46 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,956,884 times
I just hope a year from now we aren't reading the same posts.... but I probably thought that a year ago.

Anywho....

Turns out that zucchini bread is great with other types of squash. The other night I made two loaves. It was out of this world (probably due to the chocolate chips). So decided to do another batch since I had so much zucchini.

So DS walks in the kitchen a minute ago and said, "what are you going to hide that in?" as I was grating a "zucchini". (He's suspicious because I put yellow squash in the pasta sauce last night out of desperation to use it up).

I said, "nothing - I'm making more zucchini bread".

"Mom - that's not zucchini."

Oops. Seriously, I just thought it was another variety of zucchini. It feels slightly stupid when your 17 year old son corrects you on the vegetable you are using. It was darn good in the last loaf of bread though, so no worries.

Old 08-04-2011, 02:51 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
And yet - you quit one job and spent the summer by the pool....that is where we all get frustrated. Not that we don't wish the best for you, but that you sabotoge your own advancement, then keep whining about your situation.
I did not spend the summer by the pool, lets get that straight.
The past week or so I have been going a few times a week. I haven't been in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Please, listen to what I am saying. You only have no other choice right now because of the decisions you have already made in your life. You haven't gone to the academy. You quit your last job. you always have some excuse. If you REALLY don't want to live with your mom, you need to start thinking about the future consequences of the decisions you make... and I know what town you live in.
I know YOU do. I know maciesmom MIGHT... and theres a few other colorado peeps but idr which ones they are.

Old 08-04-2011, 02:56 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,917,805 times
On a different note, the Strawflower family will be in Colorado for a week beginning Saturday! We can't wait to explore your beautiful state!

Old 08-04-2011, 02:56 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times
Quote:
I did not spend the summer by the pool, lets get that straight.
The past week or so I have been going a few times a week. I haven't been in a few days.

I know YOU do. I know maciesmom MIGHT... and theres a few other colorado peeps but idr which ones they are.

You made a conscious decision NOT to work since you quit your full time job (which had benefits, which were ready to kick in). I don't know WHAT you have been doing all summer (other than visiting relatives for a couple of weeks) - but it hasn't been working. By quitting that job - it meant that you hated that job more than you hated your situation or more that you loved the idea of independence. That is exactly what that said. Whether or not you want to own up to it. Everyone here has put up with a crappy job to either get ahead or to stay afloat. Everyone. So to hear that you just don't feel the need to have to do that, followed by yet more whining about your situation is beyond ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.