Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2011, 09:12 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,071,598 times

Advertisements

Oh, Mrs. X. I'm so sorry. I had no idea! Since my computer is broken, I don't get to read all posts in this thread. Thinking of you and your family.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:43 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
I forgot about this and was wondering about you today. One week and only one fight with your mom - that's pretty good!

My in-laws are coming at the end of August. For two weeks. I hope I can get through it. I did not know they would be staying so long.
oh that's too long. Good luck. Are they staying with you? My in-laws are coming for 6 days in Sept. DH has to work and the kids will be at school half the time. I don't know what to do with them.

Old 07-28-2011, 11:05 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,086 times
Sorry to hear of all the loss and struggles lately.
I hope things turn around for everyone.

On a good note, I have an Aeropostal interview tomorrow and I am so excited for this, its fulltime and hopefully that comes with benefits.

Old 07-28-2011, 11:41 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,568,805 times
Good luck txt!

Old 07-29-2011, 05:27 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,197,834 times
I clearly need more sleep. I just read a post title as "Should I let my 5yo drive the school bus?"

Old 07-29-2011, 06:34 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,905,045 times
Morning all!

I know I'm a newbie to the thread, but I wanted to echo the sentiments of thinking about you guys during times when I'm away from CD. DH calls you my "online mommy friends."

FR - Tell Mr FR, yes, yes, that IS me in the meat department

coop - Holy cow - TWO weeks?? May the force be with you!

rkb - Glad you had a good trip - one fight in a week - not too shabby Good luck with the 6 days of in-laws!

Zim - Thanks for the chuckles

Dew - Hope today is a little better than yesterday.

Mrs X - Still sending you good baby thoughts.

txt - Good luck with your interview.

I may be MIA for the weekend - our best friends from home are driving in from NY for the weekend. Always fun to get the "cousins" together

Old 07-29-2011, 08:10 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,956,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
oh that's too long. Good luck. Are they staying with you? My in-laws are coming for 6 days in Sept. DH has to work and the kids will be at school half the time. I don't know what to do with them.
Yes - they are staying with us. I don't know what to do with them either. I wish I had a job outside the house to escape to. I also heard 3 weeks and my eyeballs about popped out of my head! DH said that was them thinking they would go up to the mountains for a week - but that plan was when we were going to let them use our old car. It hasn't been fixed yet so that's out. I keep telling him he needs to make that clear before they book their tickets or I might be booking a ticket to get out of here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
coop - Holy cow - TWO weeks?? May the force be with you!
Thankyou - I may need more than the force. A bottle of something strong probably.

Dew - whatcha' got under the sink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
On a good note, I have an Aeropostal interview tomorrow and I am so excited for this, its fulltime and hopefully that comes with benefits.
Hope it goes well.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:18 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,852,587 times
Wow. So much has happened on here.

I also find myself thinking about you guys when I am out and about. Just the other day I was dealing with an a** and all of a sudden I burst out laughing (not appropriate at the time) because all I could think was "well bless your heart". I had to hold back so hard to not say it to him.

I have to say that I think we are all pretty lucky to have a place to go where we can play, laugh, vent, share our thoughts, cry, scream, or whatever without fear of being judged by people IRL.

Hugs and strength to all of you who need it right now.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:21 AM

13,981 posts, read 25,962,532 times
Morning all. Today we will play "figure out which smoke alarms started chirping in the middle of the night" and then replace ALL the batteries, because once one goes, the rest surely follow, right?

This afternoon somebody has to sit around and wait for the dishwasher repairman. Kitchen Aid has a stupid service system. You book online, but you cannot write in the problem, you have to pick from a brief menu. Our issue is merely a broken wheel that makes it hard to roll in and out. What are the chances one will be in the truck?

Then, hair appointment, yeah!

Have a good one all.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:31 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,568,805 times
Good Morning All!

Dew and Mrs. X - sending mwahs your way this morning.

coop - do you get on with the in-laws? Mimosa's for breakfast were invented by DIL's...I know this for a fact!

My parenting question of the day: How is it my 10 year old knows all 649 Pokemon characters, what they look like, and what powers they have, but apparently has trouble navigating his way to his toothbrush or finding the laundry hamper?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.