Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2011, 04:14 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,961,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
jk - No takers on Orton and he apparently looks substantially better than Tebow in training camp.
That's kind of sad... and probably a little embarrassing. Okay - now ready to be impressed.... weren't they talking like he was going to Florida or something?

No one watches football in this house, so I kind of think I not doing half bad remembering this from the news last week.

I feel kind of bad for him.

Old 08-01-2011, 04:15 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,483,364 times
Quote:
Wanna come over and help me vacuum the side of my house?
Another phrase you don't hear every day....

Old 08-01-2011, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
That's kind of sad... and probably a little embarrassing. Okay - now ready to be impressed.... weren't they talking like he was going to Florida or something?

No one watches football in this house, so I kind of think I not doing half bad remembering this from the news last week.

I feel kind of bad for him.
Wow! I AM impressed! You are correct madam! They really thought he was going to the Dolphins (Miami, FL) but it seems like we wanted more for him than they were willing to give (in terms of money and draft picks/players whatever)....

As far as embarrassing...I don't know...he's kind of in a weird limbo...no one thinks he's got the talent to be a "franchise QB" but he is considered a pretty decent one. So...it wasn't necessarily that he was "unwanted" so much as it is difficult to put a value on him.

Old 08-01-2011, 04:17 PM

13,453 posts, read 9,978,156 times
Quote:
Some of it was most likely purchased and consumed in the gut mall
No doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Wanna come over and help me vacuum the side of my house? Apparently we got hit by another dust storm last night. Went out to get the mail and everything facing south is pink.

Come on over, Fin! Work away your frustrations, lol!!
Thank you, I'd actually love that. I'm sorry your house is pink, though. I just finished cleaning mine because my landlady is coming over to collect the rent. Gotta love the first, as mm said earlier.

I always feel like I'm going through customs when the LL comes over. Like I'm guilty for something but I'm not sure what.

Old 08-01-2011, 04:24 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,213,993 times
OK: I've put myself in charge of the CD Moms (and Dads - hello to Bulldog) Who Rock dictionary.

Gut mall is an official entry.

(Though there's something wrong with the worst speller here putting herself in charge of the dictionary, lol.)

Old 08-01-2011, 04:28 PM

So....ran to Costco late this morning to return some things then DS and I thought we'd maybe check out the IKEA...took the "back roads" instead of the interstate. OMG. There was a line of cars, backed up to even get into the parking lot. Needless to say, I turned around PDQ. I don't need ANYTHING that bad (not to mention, I wasn't looking for anything at all, just thought I'd check itout). As I was driving I could see cars backed up the exit ramp from the highway! Seriously! I so don't get that.

Came home, made oatmeal cookies (DS's favorite) and caught up with ESPN (which is how I knew about Randy Moss Dew - not much else you can do when you're popping up every 10 minutes to take cookies out of the oven - not to mention that I still have a teenaged boy living at home, I gotta keep up on things to carry on conversations!).

DH and I will have the salad I bought stuff for yesterday and didn't make, for dinner tonight.

Last edited by maciesmom; 08-01-2011 at 04:40 PM..

Old 08-01-2011, 04:32 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,961,888 times
I've planned my menu for the week which revolves around using what came home today from the farm. About to go make zucchini bread since no matter what I do, it keeps multiplying!

DS said word on the street is next week we'll start getting tomatoes and hopefully cilantro at the same time so I can make salsa. Sweet corn too! Yeah! We haven't had corn all summer since I refuse to buy any veggies and only use what comes home in our farm share.

The baked eggplant snack sticks I did last week were divine.

Old 08-01-2011, 04:32 PM

13,453 posts, read 9,978,156 times
Quote:
OK: I've put myself in charge of the CD Moms (and Dads - hello to Bulldog) Who Rock dictionary.

Gut mall is an official entry.

(Though there's something wrong with the worst speller here putting herself in charge of the dictionary, lol.)
Yes. Kudos to kibbie for the new entry!

Old 08-01-2011, 04:47 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,200,913 times
Quote:
Have a seat, Fin. I'm going to tell you about the 84-year old man in the Speedos I saw on Bondi Beach.

Gravity can be a cruel .
Bondi Beach... **sigh** <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Anyone ever shop online at Zappos? DS got shoes there and I'll admit - I can't believe their free shipping policy. It's amazing. He had to return the shoes for a bigger size - free shipping here, back and back here again.
yes! New Balance does the same thing.

Quote:
Another phrase you don't hear every day....
We stayed at a campground last week with tons of cottonwoods. The owner vacuumed outdoor areas twice while we were there. It was a strange sight.

Quote:
So....ran to Costco late this morning to return some things then DS and I thought we'd maybe check out the IKEA...took the "back roads" instead of the interstate. OMG. There was a line of cars, backed up to even get into the parking lot. Needless to say, I turned around PDQ. I don't need ANYTHING that bad (not to mention, I wasn't looking for anything at all, just thought I'd check itout). As I was driving I could see cars backed up the exit ramp from the highway! Seriously! I so don't get that.
Do they not have a life, or something? I don't get the urgency. I'm not going any time soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Yes. Kudos to kibbie for the new entry!
I don't even remember what I said!

Old 08-01-2011, 04:54 PM

Rkb - I really thought most of the people who would be willing to wait in line would have come and gone already. It's been open for a week or so... Apparently I was wrong about that.

LOL at the outdoor vacuuming. We have an outdoor rug in the seating area on our deck. It does get vacuumed from time to time. I feel totally ridiculous while I do it though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.