Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2011, 03:54 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,957,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
You do have to admit.....

If you had been working, you could have given that money you saved to your grandmother towards the car, into a savings/college fund, for the deposit on an apartment, on an interview wardrobe, on relocation to a city with more opportunities, etc.

Just sayin'......
hee hee!

txt - the birthday comment I think was a tipping point and I would gather that most have been biting their tongue.

I'm sorry, but I just can't get on the band wagon....I would hardly say that you have been "applying like crazy". Applying like crazy would be doing what most adults do when unemployed - make getting a job a full time job - no laying by the pool.

Hard to take you seriously when I have a 17 year old working almost 35 hours a week.....

By the way - do you pay your boyfriend rent since you are there so much?

Just sayin' ......

Old 08-01-2011, 03:56 PM

Anyone ever shop online at Zappos? DS got shoes there and I'll admit - I can't believe their free shipping policy. It's amazing. He had to return the shoes for a bigger size - free shipping here, back and back here again.

Old 08-01-2011, 03:57 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
You do have to admit.....

Going 5-6 months with no job AND paying my bills on time with money I earned LEGALLY is pretty good,
OK...

It would be pretty good, if the reason you had no job is you were laid off and you had no job despite having seriuosly looked for work, been helping your mother out in such a way that she would not even THINK of kicking you out because having you around is SOOOO helpful and you're usually pleasant company to boot.

However... At the beginning of the summer you just decided you wanted to do nothing but "hang out" like a silly 15 yo. girl who has nothing better to do. You've spent 2 years complaining about how you aren't getting ahead and you seem to have an excuse for everything you don't really want to do. It's 2 years later. Anything change? And then you come here and either complain about your situation (which, at this point, is 100% totally of your own doing), or squeal with glee over how you'll be partying with friends just as soon as you get back from the pool...again...

So yes...I suppose paying your bills on time even though you have no job is good. If that's all you aspire to.

Food for thought.

Old 08-01-2011, 04:01 PM

Dew - yes, I think we do. I remember looking it up at some point. It's there I believe.

Sounding more and more like Orton will be our starter. Tebow still seems to struggle with the footwork involved in taking the snap and throwing the ball. Will be interesting that's for sure.

Old 08-01-2011, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Sounding more and more like Orton will be our starter. Tebow still seems to struggle with the footwork involved in taking the snap and throwing the ball. Will be interesting that's for sure.
Whoa - okay I recognize some of this talk -

I thought they were saying on the news (okay, some time last week, I am behind) that they were trading him and making Tebow the starter? They acted like it was a done deal. What happened?

Old 08-01-2011, 04:07 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
I think some posters today got up and had idiot porridge for breakfast, followed by idiot pastrami on rye for lunch, and are just now indulging in idiot pizza with a shot of idiot espresso to follow.

Honestly, I JUST CAN"T DEAL today.

Old 08-01-2011, 04:07 PM

jk - No takers on Orton and he apparently looks substantially better than Tebow in training camp.

Old 08-01-2011, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I think some posters today got up and had idiot porridge for breakfast, followed by idiot pastrami on rye for lunch, and are just now indulging in idiot pizza with a shot of idiot espresso to follow.

Some of it was most likely purchased and consumed in the gut mall

Old 08-01-2011, 04:10 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Whoa - okay I recognize some of this talk -

I thought they were saying on the news (okay, some time last week, I am behind) that they were trading him and making Tebow the starter? They acted like it was a done deal. What happened?
Yay!

I also thougt Tebow was going to be the starter. My problem is I follow the Cardinals so closely, I slip up on the other teams and what they're doing. MM, you are much better at that then Iam.

Old 08-01-2011, 04:13 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post

Wanna come over and help me vacuum the side of my house? Apparently we got hit by another dust storm last night. Went out to get the mail and everything facing south is pink.

Come on over, Fin! Work away your frustrations, lol!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.