Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2011, 04:02 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times

Advertisements

I am putting off running to Kohls. I do have a 30% off coupon though and DS's pics are tomorrow. I haven't decided what he's going to wear. We decided he would choose one look and I would choose one look. I want to find something nice that shows off his great blue eyes. The other pics will be in his lacrosse stuff no doubt.

Old 07-13-2011, 04:20 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,905,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Seriously disgusting - I had to look it up when we moved here a few years ago; also referred to as "dog vomit mold" for its appearance. *shivers with the grossness of it*

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
No slime here...and this weather is pretty unusual. Rain in the afternoons in the summer isn't too unusual but this much rain on a daily basis really is. It has really upped the humidity factor too...blech. It won't last too much longer. Give it a few weeks and I'll be back to complaining about having to water the lawn

Went out for sushi last night with DH - that was kind of fun. Forgot how quickly the price adds up when ordering sushi. Yikes. Now I remember why we don't do that too often.

Hope you get a better night's sleep ewag....I was lucky that both my kids were pretty good about bedtime. DS did go through a few months of waking up in the middle of the night and coming into our room and crawling into bed with us. That go old pretty quickly. Young kids are really physically hard. As much as I loved that time, I really don't miss that.
Thanks, mm! I think it's super maddening on two fronts: 1) that DS put himself to sleep and often slept 12-13 hours through the night for almost two years, so this is quite the change and 2) I cannot seem to isolate what the specific problem is. I'm one of those annoying methodical people - if I could just tweak the variables the right way to figure out the problem, I think we could solve it. Ah, at least this is character building for me, right? And I'm in good company, I know most parents go through this at some point...

Awesome re: sushi with DH - spouse date night is the best!

Old 07-13-2011, 04:23 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Dew - you know we are here for you if you need some shoulders.....
Thank you! You guys are the best. I haven't heard anything so I figure no news is good news.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:07 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Thank you! You guys are the best. I haven't heard anything so I figure no news is good news.
I'm sorry Dew. I hope everything's ok.

Ewag... what is this slime mold? I don't have it, luckily. I was going to invite you for dinner, but I've reconsidered as you may have slime mold feet and cranky no sleep syndrome. And I'm having Roast Pheasant with Gold Leaf Quinoa, so .

After that I'm going to Kohl's with mm and I'm going to pour a couple of shots of JD for Dew.

Does anyone else have any plans? I'm available for crashing.

Oh, I know, I'm going to build a summer camp up the street from rkb's and take her boys off her hands for a week.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:30 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,956,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I'm open to you coming here and taking my son's Senior pictures....

Oh, and I want the Gold Leaf Quinoa recipe

Old 07-13-2011, 05:37 PM

Come on over FR......I ran to Kohl's and was in and out. Picked out several shirts for DS and we'll see when he gets home. Quiet house now. I'm enjoying a glass of vino and hoping to remember that Jeopardy! starts in about 20 minutes. Question...why is it that Jeopardy seems to start at about 1 or 2 minutes before the hour? I don't get it. I find it annoying especially since I so seldom remember to watch it. When I do rememeber, it's about 10 minutes after the hour and it's already 1/2 over. Grrr....
I also have San Pelligrino water and lemons.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:41 PM

Oh...and Mattie ....I love shoes as much as the next person but I'm not getting them as wedding shoes....why would you spend big bucks on shoes that no one sees? I don't even think I bought new shoes for my wedding. I had some ivory ones anyway and just wore those.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:42 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,568,805 times
I want what Fin is smoking. Actually we can all share, and it can take us to a happy place!

Old 07-13-2011, 05:53 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,905,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I'm sorry Dew. I hope everything's ok.

Ewag... what is this slime mold? I don't have it, luckily. I was going to invite you for dinner, but I've reconsidered as you may have slime mold feet and cranky no sleep syndrome. And I'm having Roast Pheasant with Gold Leaf Quinoa, so .

After that I'm going to Kohl's with mm and I'm going to pour a couple of shots of JD for Dew.

Oh, I know, I'm going to build a summer camp up the street from rkb's and take her boys off her hands for a week.
Slime mold - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - the most user-friendly snippet I found - second picture down. Fortunately, it was at the old house and hasn't cropped up here yet, though I saw some at the park down the block. *shudders*

Haha - well, fine, me and my cranky slimy self will just stay home then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I want what Fin is smoking. Actually we can all share, and it can take us to a happy place!

Old 07-13-2011, 05:56 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
I'm open to you coming here and taking my son's Senior pictures....

Oh, and I want the Gold Leaf Quinoa recipe
Sure! I'll take his picture. Just call me Annie Finsterwitz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Come on over FR......I ran to Kohl's and was in and out. Picked out several shirts for DS and we'll see when he gets home. Quiet house now. I'm enjoying a glass of vino and hoping to remember that Jeopardy! starts in about 20 minutes. Question...why is it that Jeopardy seems to start at about 1 or 2 minutes before the hour? I don't get it. I find it annoying especially since I so seldom remember to watch it. When I do rememeber, it's about 10 minutes after the hour and it's already 1/2 over. Grrr....
I also have San Pelligrino water and lemons.
Oooh... San Pelligrino and lemons is my favorite... I dunno why Jeopardy starts early - hmm, now I think about it, it's not like I actually get to sit and watch it. Maybe you can tell me who wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I am high on Quinoa fumes dear Zim. They are quite the mood elevator. That and a few Midol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting