Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2011, 12:08 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,762,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I have never heard of doctors requiring payment up front for a c-section from patients who have health insurance.

Do you have health insurance? Did you know that you can go buy health insurance now even with a pre-existing condition? The rates might be high, but it will be cheaper than paying for the full pregnancy and delivery out of pocket.
There is a first time for everything and this is with insurance!

I need to pay them the full deductible plus all the costs that insurance won't pay for by my 28th week of pregnancy. I have contacted three practices and thats what they have all told me.

Old 06-28-2011, 12:08 PM

4,563 posts, read 10,979,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
OK - got about 1/2way done with weeding...it's 85 already and I'm done for a bit. I think we're going to catch a movie this afternoon being as we're technically still on vacation.....DH and DS have been wanting to see The Green Lantern. Also just found out we got our 2 night hotel stay comped so maybe we'll splurge and get popcorn. We noticed that the room had a bit of an odor but we also noticed a wet spot on the carpet and the room looked otherwise clean and was a hotel chain that we're familiar with and have had good experiences with in the past. We figured someone earlier had spilled something and the wet spot was just because the carpet had to be shampooed and the odor was the result of the wet part of the carpet. We had a lot going on in a short period and really didn't spend that much time in the room to complain - besides, the hotel was full and we knew there was an entire high school softball team staying on another floor....The smell didn't go away though and as we were checking out DS pulled the pullout sofa away from the wall to make sure nothing had fallen back there and there were no chargers of any kind left plugged in...and there were a bunch of old newspapers that were wet and covered with mold. DS said he also saw some bugs. Of course it's taken us 2 days to get a manager to return our call (and a call to corporate HQ)....but we were assured that the situation has been resolved, there were no bedbugs (we took precautions anyway), and our CC will be credited the full amount of our stay.....
This made me laugh - last week DH found a Calvin Klein thong in the room he had just gotten in. Let's just say management was mortified and promptly moved him - because at that point you really have to wonder if it really was cleaned properly for someone to miss something so obvious! This was a high end hotel in Toronto. Ewww...just..ewww!

Old 06-28-2011, 12:11 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,394,140 times
Without warning, the sh*t is hitting the fan in my mommy life again. I just want to run away.

Old 06-28-2011, 12:11 PM

MrsX - were you the one who's doctor visits were having to go towards the deductible or what that someone else who is pregnant? And you were going to have to fulfill the deductible again at the beginning of the year and you were due in February? There was a discussion regarding how doctors are coding things, etc....

So sorry this is a tough pregnancy!

Old 06-28-2011, 12:12 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,559,647 times
Quote:
Without warning, the sh*t is hitting the fan again in my life suddenly. I just want to run away.
I'm sorry Hopes. Hope it works out....hang in there.

Old 06-28-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Without warning, the sh*t is hitting the fan again in my life suddenly. I just want to run away.
What happened? TK?

Old 06-28-2011, 12:15 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,328,807 times
Quote:
Without warning, the sh*t is hitting the fan in my mommy life again. I just want to run away.
Deep breaths, Hopes! The CD Moms Who Understand are here for you.

Old 06-28-2011, 12:18 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,559,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
This made me laugh - last week DH found a Calvin Klein thong in the room he had just gotten in. Let's just say management was mortified and promptly moved him - because at that point you really have to wonder if it really was cleaned properly for someone to miss something so obvious! This was a high end hotel in Toronto. Ewww...just..ewww!
Ew!

Old 06-28-2011, 12:34 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,762,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
MrsX - were you the one who's doctor visits were having to go towards the deductible or what that someone else who is pregnant? And you were going to have to fulfill the deductible again at the beginning of the year and you were due in February? There was a discussion regarding how doctors are coding things, etc....

So sorry this is a tough pregnancy!

It is me and someone else on the board. I had contacted another office to arrange a visit and explained to them I needed to know their financial policy, they quickly informed me how things are to be.

They are now asking for it all by the ending of October. The payments would equate to $900.00 a month to reach my deductible and cover some costs of labor (not all) and that is to get it all in by October.

We can't afford that...we would have to stop paying our car, not send Toddler X to school, cut back on eating, literally light candles for electricity in order to save up for it. Or refinance the house which we would be ineligible for anyway.

Enough about me!

What happened Hopes! What happened!

Old 06-28-2011, 12:42 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,295,350 times
gross, MM. Glad they comped your room though!

uh oh Hopes. Hope it all turns out ok.

I'm not doing so great myself. Part of it is the time of the month, but that's far from the only issue.

Did any of you go through bumps in your marriage at some point? How did you fix it? Remember when DH was in the dog house a couple weeks ago? It turned out to be a much bigger issue than just that one fight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.