Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2011, 08:56 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,206,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I can post some even more fabulous pictures of ***** for you!
I don't doubt that for a minute.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:58 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,109,116 times
**** isn't permitted but ***** are permitted.

One **** is clearly not enough for CD.

It's multiple ***** or no ****.

CD is perverted.

Not us.

We're good girls.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:06 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,853,952 times
Ok. I have to get this off of my chest.

DH is fantastic. However, because of his personality, I was forced to become the "aggressive one" in the relationship. I mean with outsiders mostly. Solicitors, handling billing issues, etc. It is not really my personality, but over the years it has become part of my personality because I was forced into it. That can be good or bad depending on which side of my aggression you happen to be on. Since I naturally hate confrontation (middle child), when I am forced into that position, you better watch out.

Example: We have an AC guy. He is a great guy who was referred to us by a friend (also former AC guy) when he moved away. Well AC guy (referred to as AC from now on) has worked on our AC several times in the past few years. Our AC is way past it's prime, so it needed a lot of little patches. We are trying to save up for a new unit so these are just to get us by. AC was fantastic. He had super low rates, responded same day after work so we didn't have to miss work. One of our rooms was converted from a carport before we bought the house. The central AC doesn't reach there (part of our plan when we get our new Ac. There is a wall unit in there that died on us in the winter about 2 days before we turned off the Ac for the season. 4 months ago we had him come out to look at it. He said he could fix it for about $100. This was a very expensive unit and it is a temporary measure, so we said ok. He decided to take it home to work on it and would be back with it in 2 days.

3 days go by and I haven't heard from him. No problem. He must have gotten busy. It isn't hot out yet, everything is fine. A week goes by and I call him. I hear "I am so sorry. I got really busy at work and even have to work all weekend. I will bring it up to you on Tuesday." Ok. I is still February. I don't need Ac yet. I just want it done before it gets hot. Fast forward to June 20. It is so hot in my office (room with no Ac) that the temp reading said 108. In my HOUSE!!! It is a room that we can't just seal off and ignore because we have to access our laundry room and a few other things from that room. It is just sucking down the central Ac making it hot throughout the entire house with the Ac constantly running. Our power bill for May was $385 and that is with our house still being uncomfortably hot. Now I am pi*****. He has been ignoring our calls. At this point I could have just bought another wall unit and saved money.

This just shows you how long my fuse is. He has screwed us over for 4 months. Well, I blew up on Monday. I couldn't take it any more. Since he wouldn't return my calls, I left him a voicemail. In a very calm voice I said "Hi AC. This is num. I was going to leave you yet another message asking about where my Ac is. Since I know at this point that this is pointless, I am going to have to find another way of reaching you. I think I will start with calling every ac company in the 3 surrounding counties and describe you and everything you have done to cheat me out of money. If I can't find your employer in the 3 county area, I will continue on until I have covered the entire state. Eventually I will find the company that you currently work for so that I can finally talk to you. Unfortunately, that means that every other business that you could possibly work for will have found out about how you are a thief. Oh. that will probably make it hard to find a job. I am sure you will be needing a new one soon once I finish telling your employer everything that you have done and then let them know that I am going to go online to every consumer site including yellow pages, angies list, and every review site I can think of to make sure everyone knows that an employee who works for that company is a thief and I would never let anyone from the company into my house. How do you think that would look for business? I have a feeling you will lose your job very soon if you don't call me back. Is being blacklisted in your industry really worth cheating me out of $100? If you think I am bluffing, I can give you the names of 3 other people who had to move out of state to find work after I had ruined their lives here. Do not p**** me off. Do not test me. If my Ac is not returned, installed and working better than ever by Friday night, you will see how serious I am.

Guess what. My AC is being returned to me tonight.

I HATE being the bad guy or the tough one so when you try to take advantage of me and you force me into that position, it pi***** me off even more and forces me to go to extremes.

Did I go overboard?

Old 06-23-2011, 09:06 AM

13,441 posts, read 9,968,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
**** isn't permitted but ***** are permitted.

One **** is clearly not enough for CD.

It's multiple ***** or no ****.

CD is perverted.

Not us.

We're good girls.
From Hopes, on iTunes shortly - Seven Words You Can't Say On C-D.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:16 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,206,891 times
Num, He said 2 days and it took 4 months? No, you did not go overboard. Heck, you didn't even comment on his heritage. I'd say you were quite restrained.

I do the same thing. I can take it so long and then, look out. DH calls it, "Going Irish." In fact he always enjoys it when I report that I've given some one a good kick in the patoot.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:19 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,960,237 times
Num - your response made me laugh. I loved it. Go overboard? Hardly. I think I will consult you the next time I have to go off on someone to get something done. It was brilliant.

Okay, I can't put off the dreaded grocery store any longer......

Old 06-23-2011, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Okay, I can't put off the dreaded grocery store any longer......
Save me a trip. Pick me up a gallon of milk and multigrain cheerios. (I've been having a craving this morning.) You can drop them off on your way home. I'll share my cheerios with you!

Old 06-23-2011, 09:26 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,853,952 times
This was one of my more restrained responses to people. I think I come across as a very easy going person, so people think they can take advantage of me. I always prove them wrong. I had one person convinced that even his unborn grandchildren would suffer by the time I was done with him. He really thought I was going to stalk him for the next 40 years. He moved across the country.

I have found that people become more scared of you if you stay completely calm and just lay it out for them step by step how you will ruin their life because of some silly little thing that they did.

One of my friends told me that I am the calmest and scariest person she knows. lol

Old 06-23-2011, 09:32 AM

13,441 posts, read 9,968,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
This was one of my more restrained responses to people. I think I come across as a very easy going person, so people think they can take advantage of me. I always prove them wrong. I had one person convinced that even his unborn grandchildren would suffer by the time I was done with him. He really thought I was going to stalk him for the next 40 years. He moved across the country.

I have found that people become more scared of you if you stay completely calm and just lay it out for them step by step how you will ruin their life because of some silly little thing that they did.

One of my friends told me that I am the calmest and scariest person she knows. lol
I hearby take back anything I might ever have said to upset you, MsBaby.

Zim, those are good lunch ideas, thanks. She loves to make her own tacos, so I think I'll try letting her make her own wraps. She's into making her own everything, much to the delight of our vacuum dog.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:55 AM

What about cut up melons? I love fresh fruit when it's hot out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.