Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2011, 02:30 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,575,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Didn't quite turn out that way.
Because.........

Old 05-03-2011, 02:53 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,206,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Because.........
Because when the oldest was in first grade he came home and threw a little fit in the living room because he'd forgotten his show-and-tell and he yelled at me that he went to the office to call me and I wasn't home and he threw his dad's genuine Tommy Lasorda autographed baseball across the room and I suddenly realised I was in grave danger of raising a spoiled little snowflake so I sat his little hiney down and told him, "Buster, I love you, but I am not your maid. From now on you need to put everything you are taking to school on the bench by the front door. Now go to your room and stay there and do not come out until I give your permission and if you ever throw anything in the house like that again you will be truly sorry!" I'm pretty sure he also got the death stare and no TV for a week.

That's pretty much how it came down.

Old 05-03-2011, 02:54 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,575,901 times
Quote:
Because when the oldest was in first grade he came home and threw a little fit in the living room because he'd forgotten his show-and-tell and he yelled at me that he went to the office to call me and I wasn't home and he threw his dad's genuine Tommy Lasorda autographed baseball across the room and I suddenly realised I was in grave danger of raising a spoiled little snowflake so I sat his little hiney down and told him, "Buster, I love you, but I am not your maid. From now on you need to put everything you are taking to school on the bench by the front door. Now go to your room and stay there and do not come out until I give your permission and if you ever throw anything in the house like that again you will be truly sorry!" I'm pretty sure he also got the death stare and no TV for a week.

That's pretty much how it came down.

Old 05-03-2011, 03:00 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,960,237 times
Dew - that's a good story!

DS just got home and is inhaling a pb&j. He said apparently a slice of pizza is $2.50 now and he only had $2 - so they took it away from him. I'm kind of thinking, "really?" because they probably put it in the trash. I suppose they can't make any exceptions.....I'm picturing him pathetically sitting there surrounded by everyone else eating.

Old 05-03-2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Dew - that's a good story!

DS just got home and is inhaling a pb&j. He said apparently a slice of pizza is $2.50 now and he only had $2 - so they took it away from him. I'm kind of thinking, "really?" because they probably put it in the trash. I suppose they can't make any exceptions.....I'm picturing him pathetically sitting there surrounded by everyone else eating.
I love the "inhaling". My guess is tomorrow morning he checks his wallet before he leaves the house.

I have a picture of someone snatching his pizza away just as he raised it to his mouth. "No pizza for you!" Didn't any of his buddies have 50 cents he could bum?

Old 05-03-2011, 03:53 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,960,237 times
Quote:
I have a picture of someone snatching his pizza away just as he raised it to his mouth. "No pizza for you!" Didn't any of his buddies have 50 cents he could bum?
That's what I asked him!

He normally either makes his lunch or comes homes - since every other day he has a really long, long lunch because he has no 3rd block class. I only felt a little sorry for him because he had so much time this morning and was goofing on the computer. I haven't made a lunch for him since 4th grade when he had to start making it himself. He never liked what the school offered so it was pbj every day. Thank goodness there weren't any peanut bans or he'd probably have died from hunger.

lol at the pizza nazi! I was just thinking the other day that soon there will be generation that doesn't get our Seinfeld references....

Old 05-03-2011, 04:34 PM

13,441 posts, read 9,968,878 times
Hello peeps...

It's been such nice weather I haven't been keeping up with everyone.

Poor kid, coop. Guess that's one way to learn - I'm a bit like Dew though, always had a sieve for brain.

Yay Hopes on sorting out the insurance.

So I'd like to officially announce that MissFR has finally gotten over her fear of public restrooms. Thank goodness. She didn't even freak when someone used a loud hand dryer the other day. Progress!

Hope everyone's having a fabulous evening.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
So I'd like to officially announce that MissFR has finally gotten over her fear of public restrooms. Thank goodness. She didn't even freak when someone used a loud hand dryer the other day. Progress!
Yay!

Think I'll pop open a new pack of Charmin in her honor!

Old 05-03-2011, 04:44 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,978,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Try Midrin. Also, you're supposed to take medication as soon as you feel the very first signs of a headache starting. There's also certain headache prevention medications to take regularly in addition to migraine medication taken at the time of a migraine. Imitrex is a migraine prevention medication. You should have taken that on a regular daily schedule regardless of if you had symptoms. I'm confident you didn't do that since it was $200. Medication won't help you if you don't use it correctly. But you really should also be treating your anxiety since it's the root cause of your headaches. You're never going to overcome your headaches if you don't seek proper treatment outside of the ER setting. It's like talkig to a wall with you about that.
I know I do but its not like I have health insurance and can go to a PCP and see a doctor about it.
I do know I need to do more in the preventing it department but however when they hit, I have HAD to go.

Because they hit fast, I try to get it under control as soon as possible but they have been hitting quick and then it hurts so bad it feels like my head is going to explode and then I am in so much pain I just start puking and can't get my head out of the toilet long enough to take advil or whatever and then even if I could I throw everything up. Then the throwing up make me hurt worse and then the more pain im in the more I throw up, its a cycle I can't fix on my own.

ER, bag of saline to rehydrate me, and the via iv benedryl, compazine and decadron and I sleep while the IV finishes out.

I can't sit or lay down with my headaches, makes it hurt 10 times worse, walking around.

I can understand trying to prevent them but in the case I do get one, I do have to go in, I cannot manage it by myself, my mom hasn't been wanting to help me.

The other day I had to have her drive me in, I could not quit puking, I literally had my head in a trash bag in her car the whole way to the ER, she took FOREVER INTENTIONALLY before taking me in, told me she needed to shower first because she wasnt going to go out in public looking like she did and then she HAD to dry her hair, meanwhile I'm violently throwing up and crying at the same time and she just looks at me and says she doesn't care.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:54 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,478,260 times
Afternoon all! Lovely day here today.....seems a shame to have spent it inside but alas.....that is the price of getting that paycheck (and benefits) every 2 weeks....

Glad to hear about Miss FRs progress - yay for her!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.