Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2011, 09:38 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,963,065 times

Advertisements

I love Cap'n Crunch

I always shop at King Soopers each week and sometimes I get the checkout guy who evaluates what I buy! It's so funny. He tells me I some of it is junk. lol! I really don't think it's that bad. Okay, Fruit Loops - who doesn't love that. Doritos. They brought back the Taco flavor!

Old 04-14-2011, 09:50 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,140,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
I love Cap'n Crunch
Do you remember Quisp? It was my sister's favorite cereal. She switched to Cap'n Crunch when Quisp was discontinued.

Quote:
I always shop at King Soopers each week and sometimes I get the checkout guy who evaluates what I buy! It's so funny. He tells me I some of it is junk. lol!
How dare he! I at least keep my thoughts to myself! LOL

Quote:
Okay, Fruit Loops - who doesn't love that.
I don't like them. It's the texture. I think they're too hard. I did buy them for the kids back when they liked sugar cereals. They like the healthy ones now.

Quote:
Doritos. They brought back the Taco flavor!
I bought Doritos today---cool ranch. I also bought potato chips, pretzels, and two 24 can cases of pepsi because they were on sale.....

.....and, for the BEST NEWS of the night, because my husband and son are going away for the weekend for the opening day of trout season.

I get the house to myself this weekend!

Old 04-14-2011, 09:53 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,487,925 times
Quote:
I love Cap'n Crunch

Me too....both the regular and peanut butter...I don't eat it anymore (haven't for years) but I love it...same with Lucky Charms. I'll pass on Fruit Loops though....I'm not a fan of most "fruity" flavored things...not big on fruit flavored candy either - I can have that in the house and completely not be tempted....I very rarely buy any of it but once it awhile I'll cave for DS....

Old 04-14-2011, 10:07 PM

Oh, I like Lucky Charms. Unfortunately, I buy myself whatever has 100% fortification because my body needs every little vitamin and mineral it can get.

I'll buy anything that's fortified with losts of vitamins and minerals, like Carnation Instant Breakfast, which I actually kind of like.

If I sound like I'm a health nut, I'm not really. I didn't get like this until I fell asleep standing up whiel I was talking to my husbad---mid sentence even---due to vitamin deficiencies.

THAT was a wake up call that my diet sucked. I wasn't necessarily eating lots of junk but I wasn't eating a balanced diet.

I cook health balanced meals for my family and I don't eat them because I'm usually sick of looking at the food after working with it for an hour to get it ready.

If I had a personal cook, I'd have no problem eating everything. Take me out to dinner, and I'll eat. If hubby or my kids cook, I'll eat.

The reality is, I don't like my own cooking. Everyone loves it but me. Strange but true.

Old 04-15-2011, 03:27 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,808,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Haha! What could we possibly say, they seem to know it all. What's strange about that is I'm 48, and I most definitely do not know it all, I can and do learn new things every day from all sorts of people, and some days I feel as if I don't know a damned thing about anything. And certainly as far as parentling goes, I never feel like I know what I'm doing, I always welcome advice. Funny how that works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Now you've got my interest. I'm gonna go searching.....

I know I'm doing a good job but I ALWAYS feel like I don't know what I'm doing as a parent. Is that even possible? Does that even make sense?

I was always second-guessing myself and the choices I made for my kids. I always carried the guilt that they were brought into less-than-picture-perfect circumstances. I knew that they were automatically at a disadvantage and this always weighed heavily on me.

It turns out I didn't screw it up too much and all is well but I would never presume to know it all so I guess I don't understand that mentality. How could you possibly know everything about parenting? Every child, every circumstance is different. And how on earth can you know anything having never parented? I always welcomed opinions..even the ones I didn't want to hear. Probably because those were the ones with the cold hard realties I didn't want to face

Old 04-15-2011, 05:19 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,816,265 times
Quisp is back, but they didn't revive Quake. It isn't as tasty as I remembered, but it was fun to experience it again just for its own sake.

Old 04-15-2011, 05:59 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,980,426 times
I demand Count Chocula.....

Old 04-15-2011, 06:18 AM

13,473 posts, read 9,987,609 times
Morning all!

Thanks everybody for being so sweet and remembering MissFR's birthday yesterday. We had a fabulous time.

We didn't get to the ice cream yet - but we're going to make fresh strawberry today. With rainbow sprinkles. I'll save some for y'all.

We also had the most fantastic red velvet cake airbrushed in rainbow colors. They even put rainbow sparkly stuff on the top. It made me all teary when I picked it up from the bakery. I'll post a picture a bit later on.

LM - I've been reading some of your posts about your sons. FWIW, I just wanted to let you know that I had a single parent and I never ever felt deprived of a Dad. I'm sure you're such a wonderful mother that your boys didn't either. I think you should stop feeling guilty about that.

It could be a bit different for boys, but the thing is with kids - if you grow up without one parent you really don't miss what you don't know. Even if as adults we can see what we think they might be missing, it's a little different from the kid's perspective.

Honestly, less than perfect circumstances are not an issue for children if they have a loving parent. It's more of an adult wish list to have everything picture perfect for them (of course, you want what's "best" for them).

Thought I'd throw that out there from the perspective of someone who grew up in the same circumstances as your boys. If they tell you they don't feel like they missed out on anything, it's a pretty good bet they didn't.

I hope that made sense. It's early.

Old 04-15-2011, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
We also had the most fantastic red velvet cake airbrushed in rainbow colors. They even put rainbow sparkly stuff on the top. It made me all teary when I picked it up from the bakery. I'll post a picture a bit later on.
Red velvet cake! How elegant! I have a feeling this young lady is going to enjoy some really cool birthdays throughout her life.

Old 04-15-2011, 07:10 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,808,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Morning all!

Thanks everybody for being so sweet and remembering MissFR's birthday yesterday. We had a fabulous time.

We didn't get to the ice cream yet - but we're going to make fresh strawberry today. With rainbow sprinkles. I'll save some for y'all.

LM - I've been reading some of your posts about your sons. FWIW, I just wanted to let you know that I had a single parent and I never ever felt deprived of a Dad. I'm sure you're such a wonderful mother that your boys didn't either. I think you should stop feeling guilty about that.

It could be a bit different for boys, but the thing is with kids - if you grow up without one parent you really don't miss what you don't know. Even if as adults we can see what we think they might be missing, it's a little different from the kid's perspective.

Honestly, less than perfect circumstances are not an issue for children if they have a loving parent. It's more of an adult wish list to have everything picture perfect for them (of course, you want what's "best" for them).

Thought I'd throw that out there from the perspective of someone who grew up in the same circumstances as your boys. If they tell you they don't feel like they missed out on anything, it's a pretty good bet they didn't.

I hope that made sense. It's early.
Thank you for saying that.

Stupid Catholic guilt will get you every time.

Glad Miss FR had a great Bday!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.